The Gay Mafia

Nonsense. Traditional marriage has been a societal norm for millenia. Humanity doesn't survive without procreation. Many religious people feel strongly about supporting family creation. That has nothing to do with hatred.

BTW, I voted against Prop 8 - but don't see the need to demonize those who supported it.

So interracial marriage laws weren't hateful either?

What interracial marriage laws?

Those haven't been in existence for nearly 40 years.

They still existed. Were they hateful or not?

So interracial marriage laws weren't hateful either?

What interracial marriage laws?

Those haven't been in existence for nearly 40 years.

They still existed. Were they hateful or not?

I wouldn't know. I wasn't old enough to get married then. I'm in an interracial marriage myself. Been in one for 36 years. I've had to deal with the looks and the lack of acceptance. Eventually people get used to it. Doesn't mean I have to try to ruin somebody's life because they don't like it.

People used to get married because they wanted to have children and raise a family.

Most wonder why somebody needs to be married, and have the extra legal drawbacks to being married to go with it, even though they already have other alternatives. Used to be, getting married was a way to avoid living in sin. That was the primary reason for marriage. Everyone said you can't live in sin and be accepted by society. Now you want to still live in sin yet you want us to ignore it and give you a pass. Well, you're getting it, but for some that's just not enough. They want to destroy people that don't believe in it.

The whole purpose of this push for same-sex marriage is just forced acceptance. It doesn't improve your life in any shape or fashion, but if you insist on tying yourself to someone legally, and you don't mind the extra expense a divorce would create, more power to you. But don't expect everyone to like it. You can't force everyone to like it, and that's the point. You want to force everyone to act like it's the same as any other marriage. Some people never will.

Last edited:
[

I wouldn't know. I wasn't old enough to get married then.

People used to get married because they wanted to have children and raise a family.

Most wonder why somebody needs to be married, and have the extra legal drawbacks to being married to go with it, even though they already have other alternatives. Used to be getting married was a way to avoid living in sin. That was the primary reason for marriage. Now you want to still live in sin yet you want us to ignore it and give you a pass.

The whole purpose of this push for same-sex marriage is just forced acceptance. It doesn't improve your life in any shape or fashion, but if you insist on tying yourself to someone legally, and you don't mind the extra expense a divorce would create, more power to you. But don't expect everyone to like it. You can't force everyone to like it, and that's the point. You want to force everyone to act like it's the same as any other marriage.

Actually, there are legal reasons to want to get married. Mostly to get protection from relatives who never approved of the way you lived your life to start with making decisions for you.

I honestly don't care if you homophobes like it or not. But you do have to deal with it.

And maybe some of you will grow a brain and realize the Koch Brothers and their ilk are using these bullshit issues to distract you from what they are doing to the country.

But that's definitely asking too much.

Last edited:
[

Most wonder why somebody needs to be married, and have the extra legal drawbacks to being married to go with it, even though they already have other alternatives. Used to be getting married was a way to avoid living in sin. That was the primary reason for marriage. Now you want to still live in sin yet you want us to ignore it and give you a pass.

The whole purpose of this push for same-sex marriage is just forced acceptance. It doesn't improve your life in any shape or fashion, but if you insist on tying yourself to someone legally, and you don't mind the extra expense a divorce would create, more power to you. But don't expect everyone to like it. You can't force everyone to like it, and that's the point. You want to force everyone to act like it's the same as any other marriage.

Actually, there are legal reasons to want to get married. Mostly to get protection from relatives who never approved of the way you lived your life to start with making decisions for you.

The legal aspect of it will never be enough for narrow-minded relatives.

If you can think of a law that will force them to change their attitudes feel free to provide a link. Once you're an adult relatives can't make decisions for you unless they somehow get you committed.

[

If you can think of a law that will force them to change their attitudes feel free to provide a link. Once you're an adult relatives can't make decisions for you unless they somehow get you committed.

No, but they can claim custody of your kids without a marriage license.

Will it change attitudes? I think that when something becomes unacceptable, it will change attitudes.

Will it change attitudes? I think that when something becomes unacceptable, it will change attitudes.

Doubtful. You want to force change rather than allow it to change. That's fascism.

BTW, what children? Adopted children? Children from another marriage? Heck, you think a marriage license will stop relatives from bringing lawsuits?

[

Nobody wants to change their attitude, they want to be protected from it. Before we could get legally married or have the courts even think about recognizing our partnerships, gay couples had the potential of losing everything...like in the Sharon Kowalski case.

Doubtful. You want to force change rather than allow it to change. That's fascism.

BTW, what children? Adopted children? Children from another marriage? Heck, you think a marriage license will stop relatives from bringing lawsuits?

The marriage license will not stop lawsuits, but it does offer protection.

Same-sex parents in Michigan can't designate custody in case of death, expert testifies in gay marriage ban trial

Rights of Gay Parent Argued in Court: ; Woman Seeks Custody of Dead Girlfriend's Son; Grandparents Object

Same-sex parents in Michigan can't designate custody in case of death, expert testifies in gay marriage ban trial

Rights of Gay Parent Argued in Court: ; Woman Seeks Custody of Dead Girlfriend's Son; Grandparents Object

A marriage license won't end all lawsuits.

Repeating the same statement I already responded to, isn't helping your case. No, it won't stop the lawsuits, but yes or no, a marriage license offers protections to a couple they would not have without it?

We're not even talking about this. The topic is about mafia types trying to ruin people, trying to destroy lives.

I don't think your opinion gives you the right to tramp all over anyone that pisses you off. That's going way too far.

Repeating the same statement I already responded to, isn't helping your case. No, it won't stop the lawsuits, but yes or no, a marriage license offers protections to a couple they would not have without it?

Which protections does a marriage license guarantee?

No piece of paper can stop a high paid lawyer from stealing your kids or your property. The law is subjective.

No piece of paper can stop a high paid lawyer from stealing your kids or your property. The law is subjective.

Oh bullshit. You know damn good and well that there are protections with civil marriage. Can you make legal decisions for your partner without a marriage license? No. With? Yes.

Take a look at all the wonderful goodies that come with legal, civil marriage:

Marriage Rights and Benefits ~ Learn some of the legal and practical ways that getting married changes your life.

Estate Planning Benefits
  • Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf

Family Benefits
  • Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
  • Applying for joint foster care rights.
  • Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
  • Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
.​

We're not even talking about this. The topic is about mafia types trying to ruin people, trying to destroy lives.

I don't think your opinion gives you the right to tramp all over anyone that pisses you off. That's going way too far.

Nobody got "tramped" on. If you don't want people to know you support hateful campaigns, don't donate money to them, just vote for them. Your vote is secret.

Oh bullshit. You know damn good and well that there are protections with civil marriage. Can you make legal decisions for your partner without a marriage license? No. With? Yes.

Marriage Rights and Benefits ~ Learn some of the legal and practical ways that getting married changes your life.

Estate Planning Benefits
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf

Family Benefits
  • Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
.​

Yeah, it's called a will. Maybe you should get one. I got one and it explains everything i want done when i die.

Nobody got "tramped" on. If you don't want people to know you support hateful campaigns, don't donate money to them, just vote for them. Your vote is secret.

What gives you the right to tell anyone who they can give their money to?

In this country if you want to give to causes that support your ideological viewpoints nobody can stop you, (even though the IRS may try) it's still illegal. There are still harassment laws. Keep the hate going and see where it gets us.

Estate Planning Benefits

Family Benefits
.​

Yeah, it's called a will. Maybe you should get one. I got one and it explains everything i want done when i die.

Wills can be contested more successfully than legal marriage licenses.

Estate Planning Benefits

Family Benefits
.​

According to your link same-sex marriage and domestic partnerships are the same.

I still don't see how a marriage license guarantees everything. It's a legal standing, but so is a domestic partnership.

Many of the laws don't even apply at the federal level. It depends on the laws in your state.

Same-Sex Marriage, Civil Unions, and Domestic Partnerships

If you are in a same-sex marriage, you are now entitled to federal benefits under the recent U.S. Supreme Court case, U.S. v. Windsor. However, the rules for eligibility will vary by federal agency.

Many federal agencies, such as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the U.S. Office of Personnel & Management look to the place of celebration (where the marriage was performed) to determine whether same-sex married couples are eligible for benefits. If you have a valid marriage, you will qualify for immigration status and federal employee benefits (if either of you works for the federal government), even if you live in a non-recognition state.

The same goes for the IRS and eligibility for federal tax benefits. In August 2013, the U.S. Department of Treasury ruled that all same-sex couples that are legally married in any U.S. state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory or a foreign country will be recognized as married under all federal tax provisions where marriage is a factor.

The Treasury Department further clarified that federal recognition for tax purposes applies whether a same-sex married couple lives in a jurisdiction that recognizes same-sex marriage (such as California) or a non-recognition jurisdiction (such as Texas). But the decision does not apply to same-sex couples in domestic partnerships or civil unions.

See The IRS Will Recognize All Same-Sex Marriages, for more information about federal tax benefits for same-sex married couples.

However, some federal agencies, such as the Social Security Administration, only recognize marriages that are valid in the state of domicile (where the couple lives) for the purposes of granting federal benefits. This means if you're in a same-sex marriage, but you live in a non-recognition state, you aren't eligible for Social Security benefits on your spouse's work record. If you live in one of the 14 jurisdictions that recognize same-sex marriage, you will qualify for benefits. This rule also applies to Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income, Medicare, Bankruptcy filings, and benefits under the Family Medical Leave Act.

If you are in a domestic partnership or civil union in any of the states that offer those relationship options, none of the benefits of marriage under federal law will apply to you, because the federal government does not recognize these same-sex relationships. For example, you may not file joint federal income tax returns with your partner, even if your state allows you to file your state tax returns jointly. And other federal benefits, such as Social Security death benefits and COBRA continuation insurance coverage, may not apply.

Last edited:
How dare gay folk come out of the closet proclaiming their pride for being who they are and demanding the same as everyone else.
The nerve of those faggots. Doesn't anyone know their place anymore?

Forum List

Back