The Great Advantage of the Left.

1. It is satisfying to notice that you haven't denied that the Progressive/Liberal/Democrat/Leftist has no morality to defend.

2. As is usual, based on your ability to process information, or, perhaps I should say, your limited ability to process information, you fail to realize that your post supports the OP.
Your instructor, Saul Alinsky said:

" No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book"...
And, I agreed that he is correct. It is the essence of the OP.

3. Nor has this not been noted by other thinkers....

"Our ideals resemble the stars, which illuminate the night. NO one will ever be able to touch them. But the men, who, like the sailors on the ocean, take them for guidelines, will undoubtedly reach their goal."
Carl Schurz

We, on the Right attempt to live up to our ideals, our values....and, admittedly, don't always achieve such.

The point of the OP is just that, and the fact that you, on the Left, have no values to live up to.

4. It should not go without mention that Alinsky, who inspired Barack Obama, dedicated his book as follows:

" “Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

5. Here is another quote, from quite a different book, also apropos:
"The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Ezekiel 25:17

Your communication skills are atrocious.

Notice how I only needed to 5 words to make that point?

You need diet and exercise.

You should put your verbosity on a diet, and try to exercise your ability to be succinct.

I have no desire for concision, but instead, post only the truth.

What I notice is that you have no response to the post that you pretend to understand,and to which you are ostensibly responding.

Is it merely my impression that pretense and prevarication are your most common modes?
You need, it appears, few words to lie.

I found your post quite clear, concise, and succinct (and I would hope my opinion on the topic of English composition is of more value to you). Leftists just don't understand that "succinct" does not mean "bumper sticker slogan".

Lessons learned:
1. Power trumps morality.
2. Politics trumps morality.
3. Party trumps morality.

Looks like it was as I had always suspected. Republicans talk about morality and family values, but it is mostly window dressing designed to get rubes to vote for them. In reality, they are no more or less moral than anybody else. Everyone can safely ignore their claims of moral superiority. It's all BS.

Considering that you support that party that supported Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Barney Franks, Rangel, Dodd, Byrd, Lee, Boxer, and others.... You really have no room to talk.

I think that's the point of the OP, though: leftists have been allowed to carry on as though if they never espouse any sort of morality, they are free of ever having to exhibit any.

1. In addition to offering all sorts of benefits from the federal fisc, the Left has the GREAT advantage of never having to reflect morality or even respectability. The obvious case in point is their championing of a rapist and personification of a 'war on women,' Bill Clinton.

You forgot to put in a good word for the Republican adulterers in Congress who impeached the adulterer Clinton. Didn't those conservatives enjoy the same advantage you bestow upon liberals?

There is more advantage other than being brilliant and good looking?

Good looking????

Liberals should be made to stand in front of pharmacies just to make people sick.

Let me check out that 'brilliant' part......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I would say that it's hard to believe that there are people like you still around who are dimwitted enough to think that the brilliant Hank Johnson, a master of deadpan,

was being serious, but no,

that is not hard to believe.

Answer to post #52?

This is it.

There is more advantage other than being brilliant and good looking?

Good looking????

Liberals should be made to stand in front of pharmacies just to make people sick.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Do not worry, I am used to people being jealous of my beauty, it is what I have had to live with for years.

Look closely at the small print in the lower left hand corner of your mirror.

It says:

'Objects in mirror stupider than they appear.'

Lessons learned:

Looks like it was as I had always suspected. Republicans talk about morality and family values, but it is mostly window dressing designed to get rubes to vote for them. In reality, they are no more or less moral than anybody else. Everyone can safely ignore their claims of moral superiority. It's all BS.

Considering that you support that party that supported Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Barney Franks, Rangel, Dodd, Byrd, Lee, Boxer, and others.... You really have no room to talk.

I think that's the point of the OP, though: leftists have been allowed to carry on as though if they never espouse any sort of morality, they are free of ever having to exhibit any.

Conservatives just rely on the Forgive me Jesus Easy Button.

Good looking????

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube

I would say that it's hard to believe that there are people like you still around who are dimwitted enough to think that the brilliant Hank Johnson, a master of deadpan,

Answer to post #52?

This is it.

Yes, I have to admit I wasn't being entirely truthful in saying it isn't hard to believe you are that stupid;

it is really hard to believe you are that stupid.

Last edited:
1. In addition to offering all sorts of benefits from the federal fisc, the Left has the GREAT advantage of never having to reflect morality or even respectability. The obvious case in point is their championing of a rapist and personification of a 'war on women,' Bill Clinton.

You forgot to put in a good word for the Republican adulterers in Congress who impeached the adulterer Clinton. Didn't those conservatives enjoy the same advantage you bestow upon liberals?

Only one dumb enough to claim that the "A" of Scarlet Letter fame was for 'abortion' would continue on to suggest that adultery is the equivalent of rape.

Paw up again.

Can we consider your post, advancing some idea that the rapist Clinton was impeached for adultery another lie?

"William Jefferson Clinton was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice..."
IMPEACHMENT: THE OVERVIEW -- CLINTON IMPEACHED; HE FACES A SENATE TRIAL, 2D IN HISTORY; VOWS TO DO JOB TILL TERM'S 'LAST HOUR' - New York Times

I'm running out of room on the scoreboard.

Are you so self-absorbed as not to realize that folks in your real life are aware of your proclivities?
Turn around quickly as you walk away and note the eye-rolls.

Answer to post #52?

This is it.

Yes, I have to admit I wasn't being entirely truthful in saying it isn't hard to believe you are that stupid;

it is really hard to believe anyone is that stupid.

Dull, insipid, jejune, unimaginative, slow-witted, boring, dishonest,....

...and those are your good points.

Only one dumb enough to claim that the "A" of Scarlet Letter fame was for 'abortion' would continue on to suggest that adultery is the equivalent of rape.

Paw up again.

Can we consider your post, advancing some idea that the rapist Clinton was impeached for adultery another lie?

"William Jefferson Clinton was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice..."
IMPEACHMENT: THE OVERVIEW -- CLINTON IMPEACHED; HE FACES A SENATE TRIAL, 2D IN HISTORY; VOWS TO DO JOB TILL TERM'S 'LAST HOUR' - New York Times

Are you so self-absorbed as not to realize that folks in your real life are aware of your proclivities?

I was still looking for that list of conservatives who are conservative? Gitmo seems to rule out Ann Coulter now that I have done 1 second of reading. Or does she seem intent to turn it to a real POW camp? I honestly did not read long enough to see and just ASSumed she was immoral as the rest of the Gitmo crowd. (Darn Obama for not closing it)

Paw up again.

I was still looking for that list of conservatives who are conservative? Gitmo seems to rule out Ann Coulter now that I have done 1 second of reading. Or does she seem intent to turn it to a real POW camp? I honestly did not read long enough to see and just ASSumed she was immoral as the rest of the Gitmo crowd. (Darn Obama for not closing it)

I plan to keep the focus right here:

And the Left followed the instructions of their guru, Saul Alinsky, who correctly stated:

"For example, since the Haves publicly pose as the custodians of responsibility, morality, law, and justice (which are frequently strangers to each others), they can be constantly pushed to live up to their own book of morality and regulations. No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book" of rules and regulations. This is what that great revolutionary, Paul of Tarsus, knew when he wrote to the Corinthians: "Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit, for the letter killeth." --
Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, P.152

[

I have no desire for concision, .

If enough of us stipulate to the fact that we understand you are the classic example of a middleaged female delusional know-it-all who is incapable of saying anything in less than 10 times the number of words it requires,

will you at least refrain from feeling the need to remind us of said condition?

Big words bothering you again?

You can always tell when some leftist has been given "Word-A-Day" toilet paper as a birthday present.

Lessons learned:

People on the left are just as moral, upright, and decent as any others. The right has been presenting itself as the party of morality and family values as though these qualities only belong to conservatives. When they fuck up, it's fun to point out the fact that they aren't any better than anybody else. Especially after they have been telling us how much better they are for the past 30+ years.

People on the left are just as moral, upright, and decent as any others. The right has been presenting itself as the party of morality and family values as though these qualities only belong to conservatives. When they fuck up, it's fun to point out the fact that they aren't any better than anybody else. Especially after they have been telling us how much better they are for the past 30+ years.

They have NEVER claimed they are better than anyone else.

They have NEVER claimed they are better than anyone else.

Does anybody here who identifies as anything besides a conservative believe this?

Isn't that why abortion is legal?

Hester Prynne got her scarlett letter in a society where abortion was legal.

Explain that.

Was it legal in those days? Even if it was, it was incredibly dangerous and seldom done.

Abortion is an ancient and generally well respected part of family business.

It tickles me how specific the Bible is that life begins at birth (the "quick" and the dead are the only differences the Bible acknowledges) and there is no Biblical acknowledgement of the fetus as living or as a being. In common law in England and English oriented America abortion was made illegal to protect men's property rights - BUT ONLY after the baby's movements could be felt by a doctor or supposedly the woman (who, if she wanted an abortion probably denied feeling movement).

How interesting is it that abortion was only made illegal in the nineteenth century in English common law, and then only to protect men's property rights in an era women were basically chattel?

And how amusing is it that the scum of the fucking earth hide behind religion when the Bible has no problem with abortion and the only mention of penalties is for accidentally inducing abortion in ANOTHER man's wife?

But I digress...

All partisans lie.

Any of the nutball element still got the hook in their lip over "weapons of mass destruction"? Any of you Clintonistas sucking a dick now then for old time's sake? Telling the truth is the problem today. Look what the filthy god damned scum of the earth did to the Dixie Chicks.

Next.

Last edited:

People on the left are just as moral, upright, and decent as any others.

They are? Based on what evidence? I hope you don't think I'm going to stipulate to that assumption, Counselor.

The right has been presenting itself as the party of morality and family values as though these qualities only belong to conservatives.

First of all, you need to learn the difference between "the right" and "the party". Conservatives and Republicans may be categories with a lot of overlap, but they are not the same thing.

Second of all, conservatives present themselves as upholding morality and family values because they are worth upholding. The fact that leftists tend to present themselves as believing morality and family values have no worth except as a cynical political ploy does not make it our fault when the natural conclusion is drawn.

When they fuck up, it's fun to point out the fact that they aren't any better than anybody else. Especially after they have been telling us how much better they are for the past 30+ years.

We're still better than "anybody else", because WE, unlike you, do not view it as "fun" to caper about in an ecstasy of schadenfreude over the fallibility of others. Furthermore, WE, unlike you, do not ignore the moral culpability of our own brethren to focus only on screeching about the failures of our opponents, which behavior is EXACTLY what gives rise to the belief that leftists care less about morality and family values and see them only as a cynical political ploy (see above).

It's interesting how your own post went on to disprove itself. Ironic.

If enough of us stipulate to the fact that we understand you are the classic example of a middleaged female delusional know-it-all who is incapable of saying anything in less than 10 times the number of words it requires,

will you at least refrain from feeling the need to remind us of said condition?

Big words bothering you again?

You can always tell when some leftist has been given "Word-A-Day" toilet paper as a birthday present.

I'm not the one who has to use a thesaurus in order to sound smart.

People on the left are just as moral, upright, and decent as any others.

They are? Based on what evidence? I hope you don't think I'm going to stipulate to that assumption, Counselor.

The right has been presenting itself as the party of morality and family values as though these qualities only belong to conservatives.

First of all, you need to learn the difference between "the right" and "the party". Conservatives and Republicans may be categories with a lot of overlap, but they are not the same thing.

Second of all, conservatives present themselves as upholding morality and family values because they are worth upholding. The fact that leftists tend to present themselves as believing morality and family values have no worth except as a cynical political ploy does not make it our fault when the natural conclusion is drawn.

When they fuck up, it's fun to point out the fact that they aren't any better than anybody else. Especially after they have been telling us how much better they are for the past 30+ years.

We're still better than "anybody else", because WE, unlike you, do not view it as "fun" to caper about in an ecstasy of schadenfreude over the fallibility of others. Furthermore, WE, unlike you, do not ignore the moral culpability of our own brethren to focus only on screeching about the failures of our opponents, which behavior is EXACTLY what gives rise to the belief that leftists care less about morality and family values and see them only as a cynical political ploy (see above).

It's interesting how your own post went on to disprove itself. Ironic.

BS, You guys are gleefully all over every misstep one of your opponents makes.

If you guys care so much about morality, why the vote for Sanford? Seems you're doing a pretty good job of "ignoring the moral culpability of your own brethren." We pretty much only hear about the failures of your opponents, which gives substance to the belief that the right "cares less about morality and family values and see them only as a cynical political ploy."

Forum List

Back