The Great Migration- interesting event

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
In 1908, when my grandfather came to Ohio, the vast majority of black people lived in the Southern USA.

During the next 60 years, millions moved from Dixie into northern cities where they chased the honkies out of many of the center cities so they could establish Slums and Ghettos to live in and establish their urban culture.

The idea of "White Flight" is a fiction, the reality was "Black Flight" out of the Land of Cotton.

In 1908, when my grandfather came to Ohio, the vast majority of black people lived in the Southern USA.

During the next 60 years, millions moved from Dixie into northern cities where they chased the honkies out of many of the center cities so they could establish Slums and Ghettos to live in and establish their urban culture.

The idea of "White Flight" is a fiction, the reality was "Black Flight" out of the Land of Cotton.

"Chased out of"? Don't drop that History class yet.

Leading Indicators

Both migrations contributed to the economic downturns following the Booms caused by Old School economics. Integration eventually causes disintegration.

What I think is sort of interesting is how the Great Migration had the migrants bring the (then) ultraliberal ideology of Dixie to the northern cities. Before the Great Migration, the south was leftist, and dirt poor. They voted for FDR and other ultra-libs. OTOH, the north was conservative.

After millions of their residents left the South, they brought their far left ideas with them.

Now, in the 2020's, millions are leaving economic basket cases like California, hopefully they leave their liberalism behind this time.

Forum List

Back