The gun control conundrum...but only for gun grabbers, the rest of us know the truth...

Some of us prefer people die less.

Very few people are murdered every year in this country. Our suicide rate is virtually identical to many other countries with strict gun laws and even less in some cases

Accidental deaths will always happen and those from guns are actually one of the lowest occurring accidental death causes

Why do you want people to be defenseless?

Defenseless? Maybe you are without a gun, but I am not. It is funny you feel that way. But I do own guns, but see no point in carrying. Most people are more likely to shoot themselves than defend themselves.

I am quite capable of defending myself without a gun. But you do know that many people are not don't you?

And the facts prove you wrong about concealed carry. Most people who do do not shoot themselves or anyone else for that matter
You just said you would be defenseless without.

I know there are many people in jail who thought they were having a lawful defense.

There are more than 2X as many accidental deaths as criminals shot and killed in defense.

You need to look at the posts above this

I asked you and I quote

So now where exactly did I say I would be defenseless without a gun?

There are very few accidental gun deaths and you do know that one does not have to kill another person to use a gun in self defense don't you?

You implied people were defenseless without guns. Glad you agree that statement was silly.

I said deaths. There are like 20k people injured in accidental shootings. Many permanently injured no doubt. Guns are very effective at hurting.

Very few people are murdered every year in this country. Our suicide rate is virtually identical to many other countries with strict gun laws and even less in some cases

Accidental deaths will always happen and those from guns are actually one of the lowest occurring accidental death causes

Defenseless? Maybe you are without a gun, but I am not. It is funny you feel that way. But I do own guns, but see no point in carrying. Most people are more likely to shoot themselves than defend themselves.

I am quite capable of defending myself without a gun. But you do know that many people are not don't you?

And the facts prove you wrong about concealed carry. Most people who do do not shoot themselves or anyone else for that matter

I know there are many people in jail who thought they were having a lawful defense.

There are more than 2X as many accidental deaths as criminals shot and killed in defense.

I asked you and I quote

There are very few accidental gun deaths and you do know that one does not have to kill another person to use a gun in self defense don't you?

Isn't it the ultimate in irony that his name is "brain357"?

I asked you and I quote

You implied people were defenseless without guns. Glad you agree that statement was silly.

I said deaths. There are like 20k people injured in accidental shootings. Many permanently injured no doubt. Guns are very effective at hurting.
I implied no such thing.

Oh so now it's injuries and not deaths OK keep moving the goal posts.

I asked you and I quote

I implied no such thing.

You moved the posts. I was discussing deaths and you mentioned someone doesn't always die in a defense. Keep up.

Last edited:

I asked you and I quote

I implied no such thing.

Are you feeding the troll again?
Tsk tsk.

Hey.....bottom line is, the gun grabbers have never been as unpopular in America as they are today!! And thank God for that.........every poll of voter concerns has global warming and gun control in the 20's at the bottom of the list of concerns. Yuk.......yuk.........:2up:

Who's not winning?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

ps ) will post up polls upon request!!!

And accidental gun deaths are going up dramatically.

Wrong.....if your number was correct for 2014....it was what...584?

In 2013 it was 505 with 320,000,000 guns......there are now 357,000,000 million guns in private hands.......

That means for the increase of 37,000,000 guns in private hands there was an increase of 79 accidental gun deaths........

So...one accidental gun death for every 468,354 new guns in private hands.........

And that is what you want to hang your point on?:lol:

Again...357,000,000 guns in private hands.....and 584 accidental gun deaths.....

And for perspective.....35,000 accidental car deaths and 3,000 accidental drowning deaths..........

Only an idiot would look at total number of guns. Jo Bob is not more likely to shoot himself with his 200th gun purchase than his first. Most the guns in question are just sitting in storage. Carry is up and accidental death jumped almost 20%. That is a dramatic increase.

13,000,000 million gun owners are carrying guns for self defense....

until you link your number there were 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.........

So no......people are carrying guns responsibly......and the violent crime rate and the gun murder rate went down, not up.

Death from car accidents......35,000

Death from accidental drowning....3,000

The number is easy to find:

Americans 'at 10 times greater risk of gun death'

Family 'grieved beyond comprehension' after 19-year-old woman unintentionally shot and killed

So yes it went up almost 20%, that isn't responsible.

Nope.....CDC numbers...just like the 505 number from 2013......

And as to the 19 year old........1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.....according to bill clinton.

with 320,000,000 guns in private hands in 2013....the number of accidental gun deaths was 505. Your crap doesn't stick....

Wrong numbers........ 1,500,000 times a year people are saved from criminal attack with guns.....and that is just a middle estimate.... criminals are only killed about 230 times each year...those are the really dumb ones who press the attack against a victim with a gun....as the 1,500,000 number shows.....almost all of the either run away, get captured or are just shot and injured.

I asked you and I quote

I implied no such thing.

Tsk tsk.

No....just gettting a work out in....hitting a bag full of sand......helps me argue better, doesn't do much for him though....

I asked you and I quote

I implied no such thing.

You moved the posts. I was discussing deaths and you mentioned someone doesn't always die in a defense. Keep up.

No I corrected you when you understated the number of times a gun is used in self defense by only using the number of times a person is killed in self defense and purposefully neglecting that fact the a gun can be used in self defense where no one is killed so you could pad your numbers

You said you want fewer people to die so we need to control guns

And accidental gun deaths are going up dramatically.

Wrong.....if your number was correct for 2014....it was what...584?

In 2013 it was 505 with 320,000,000 guns......there are now 357,000,000 million guns in private hands.......

That means for the increase of 37,000,000 guns in private hands there was an increase of 79 accidental gun deaths........

So...one accidental gun death for every 468,354 new guns in private hands.........

And that is what you want to hang your point on?:lol:

Again...357,000,000 guns in private hands.....and 584 accidental gun deaths.....

And for perspective.....35,000 accidental car deaths and 3,000 accidental drowning deaths..........

Only an idiot would look at total number of guns. Jo Bob is not more likely to shoot himself with his 200th gun purchase than his first. Most the guns in question are just sitting in storage. Carry is up and accidental death jumped almost 20%. That is a dramatic increase.

13,000,000 million gun owners are carrying guns for self defense....

until you link your number there were 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.........

So no......people are carrying guns responsibly......and the violent crime rate and the gun murder rate went down, not up.

Death from car accidents......35,000

Death from accidental drowning....3,000

The number is easy to find:

Americans 'at 10 times greater risk of gun death'

Family 'grieved beyond comprehension' after 19-year-old woman unintentionally shot and killed

So yes it went up almost 20%, that isn't responsible.

Nope.....CDC numbers...just like the 505 number from 2013......

And as to the 19 year old........1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.....according to bill clinton.

with 320,000,000 guns in private hands in 2013....the number of accidental gun deaths was 505. Your crap doesn't stick....

It is the 2014 CDC number. It is up dramatically obviously. 1.5 million is funny. Sure kid.

Wrong numbers........ 1,500,000 times a year people are saved from criminal attack with guns.....and that is just a middle estimate.... criminals are only killed about 230 times each year...those are the really dumb ones who press the attack against a victim with a gun....as the 1,500,000 number shows.....almost all of the either run away, get captured or are just shot and injured.
Mythical numbers again?

I asked you and I quote

I implied no such thing.

Tsk tsk.

No....just gettting a work out in....hitting a bag full of sand......helps me argue better, doesn't do much for him though....

I enjoy beating you every time. It makes me laugh.

Forum List

Back