The hard cold truth of modern style racism

.......plus--the black judges would not be fair--all blacks think about is RACE and their decisions on RACE mostly
...the 2012 election/OJ SImpson trial/protests-burning--looting FOR criminals
the blacks are FOR criminals and against law and order
your thread is proof of this
I disagree, while I do agree that's all IM2 thinks about, he's pretty much the scum of the earth. Most black people are better than he is.
Most black people think like me.

Omg... A prophet is amongst us. I'll say you're more talented than Max Mouth Waters or many others. But your theory of 'collective black thought' needs a rough kick in the pants... And I'm thinking you're gonna get that kick as your political party continues to melt down... Won't be much longer that "all black people think and vote alike"...

You're more political than any kind of genuine Civil Rights leader that's made a name.. That's the weakness to your arrogance of speaking for all black people...

MLK went to the president idiot. The collective white thought you display is what needs the kicking. And the retarded white retort of you don't talk for all blacks because what you believe has been shown to be bunk, isn't going to cut it. You don't speak for any blacks. You are the one talking about politics and there will be no meltdown. Not when blacks hold leadership positions in the democratic party and black republicans are quitting.

You arrogance in believing that you speak for blacks and what you say on matters of race is definitive, non debatable fact is going to get shoved up your backside every time. Blacks don't vote for black republicans because black republicans generally don't have the best interests of the black community in mind.

That's why it happens. And as I am black, I'm not going to be debating some white man about it.

So do you claim racial superiority er wut? Or just tardidity?

.......plus--the black judges would not be fair--all blacks think about is RACE and their decisions on RACE mostly
I disagree, while I do agree that's all IM2 thinks about, he's pretty much the scum of the earth. Most black people are better than he is.

Omg... A prophet is amongst us. I'll say you're more talented than Max Mouth Waters or many others. But your theory of 'collective black thought' needs a rough kick in the pants... And I'm thinking you're gonna get that kick as your political party continues to melt down... Won't be much longer that "all black people think and vote alike"...

You're more political than any kind of genuine Civil Rights leader that's made a name.. That's the weakness to your arrogance of speaking for all black people...

MLK went to the president idiot. The collective white thought you display is what needs the kicking. And the retarded white retort of you don't talk for all blacks because what you believe has been shown to be bunk, isn't going to cut it. You don't speak for any blacks. You are the one talking about politics and there will be no meltdown. Not when blacks hold leadership positions in the democratic party and black republicans are quitting.

You arrogance in believing that you speak for blacks and what you say on matters of race is definitive, non debatable fact is going to get shoved up your backside every time. Blacks don't vote for black republicans because black republicans generally don't have the best interests of the black community in mind.

That's why it happens. And as I am black, I'm not going to be debating some white man about it.
It would seem that you wish to substitute your racism for 'ours'. LOL...I guess there is plenty of historical precedent for that.

Good luck with your cause...by the time 'Your' people achieve parity..they will be 'Our' people. so who really wins/ Whose culture remains the benchmark? I imagine you enjoy baiting the ignorant here....good for you..meanwhile the future is happening..and it is far outside your control.

As of this very second, 24 states have all white supreme courts. 18 state supreme courts have NEVER had a non white justice. In 2019. Yet in places like this people want to argue about how things are all in the past, or some other silly auto response some whites have when people of color speak truth.

State Supreme Courts Don’t Reflect the Diversity of the Communities They Serve
A new Brennan Center report details vast racial and gender disparities on state supreme courts around the country.
Alicia Bannon, Laila Robbins
July 23, 2019

We spent a year studying the gender and racial makeup of state supreme courts, which are typically the final arbiters on state law. Our new report, State Supreme Court Diversity, paints a bleak picture of the demographic makeup of these powerful courts. It also points to judicial elections as a key inflection point for addressing the racial disparities we found.

Currently, white men are dramatically overrepresented on state supreme court benches. Though white men make up less than a third of the population, they hold a majority of seats on state supreme courts. Meanwhile, though people of color make up nearly 40 percent of the U.S. population, they hold only 15 percent of state supreme court seats.

Twenty-four states currently have an all-white supreme court bench. This includes eight states in which people of color are at least a quarter of the state’s general population. And in states that have at least one justice of color, there are substantial gaps between the diversity in a state’s general population and its high court bench: the percentage of people of color on the bench is higher than their representation in the state’s population in only five states.

Eighteen states have never had a Black justice on their state supreme court. And 13 states have not seated a single justice of color since at least 1960, the earliest year for which we had comprehensive data.

Elections have rarely been a path to the bench for people of color. Since 1960, only 17 justices of color have first reached the bench through an election, comprising 4 percent of initially elected justices. Comparatively, 141 justices of color were initially appointed to the bench since 1960, comprising 12 percent of all initially appointed justices.

Although candidates of color were more likely to have prior judicial experience as challengers to incumbents or as candidates for open seats, they won less often than their white counterparts.

Interesting. I read the study--much truth there..along with a bit of over-simplification and statistical over-reach. For an example..requiring Idaho, Wyoming or Montana to give preference to Black people based on a perceived injustice nationwide..would be absurd, IMO.Their courts DO reflect the demographics of the State. Well..at least as far as Black people go. An argument could be made for Latino Representation..at least in Idaho--and Native American representation in Montana, North and South Dakota. This study limits itself to Black people though. The assumption is that there is,or will be, qualified applicants of color in those states. I see no reason why not.

There are 8 States that do not, according to this study, reflect the demographics. In those States that hold elections for the office..how would you redress the imbalance/ Limit an election to blacks? Not exactly Constitutional, I imagine. We could change the process to appointment...and limit the potential field to blacks, I guess.

I'm curious as to what you would see as a solution/ some form of quota or preference..until the balance is redressed? The question arises--is it in our best interests to possibly exclude the best candidate..in favor of redressing this imbalance? I reject the notion that there should be a nation-wide benchmark when the office is a State appointment.

If your point was simply to bring attention to this issue..I agree..Blacks are not represented in some states and under-represented in others. Institutional racism will be with us for generations.

This was about the overall underrepresentation on state courts nationwide which includes state with high population of PEOPLE OF COLOR. Why do you not ask how the courts became that way, then address white quotas which are why states with large populations of POC have courts looking like Montana and Wyoming.

It would seem that you wish to substitute your racism for 'ours'. LOL...I guess there is plenty of historical precedent for that.

Good luck with your cause...by the time 'Your' people achieve parity..they will be 'Our' people. so who really wins/ Whose culture remains the benchmark? I imagine you enjoy baiting the ignorant here....good for you..meanwhile the future is happening..and it is far outside your control.

There is no such substitution. I see the future fool and we have been mixed for about 300 years.

Lets stop denying the obvious here. 18 states have never had a person of color on their state supreme court. To think there has not been one person of color that on merit did not qualify EVER is straight up insane.

You do realize blacks are only 13% of the population and there are hardly any black people in some states, no?

In my state of Washington (democrat majority most of the time) Blacks are just 3.65% of the population, which managed to vote in a black man for Governor years ago. In my Metro city area (third largest in state) no blacks in ANY offices at all, hardly ever seen one run for office either. I was unable for find out if a black person ever held a Superior or supreme court office in the state courts.

But I do know that to qualify you MUST have a law degree, and have some court experience and competence, to get into the high courts. Not surprising when so few blacks have law degrees and so few aspire for high courts, which is the dominant factor on why they don't show up.

IM2 is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Not so. But whites have benefited the most from affirmative action and swear the program is unfair. That's making a mountain out of a molehill. The study shows that nationwide people of color are 40 percent of the population. Not just blacks, but people of color. And they are underrepresented on these courts regardless of their population in a state. But since you are white it's easy for you to make such comments.

Your deflection to Affirmative action (Which is an insult to blacks) is noted for what it is, a desperate attempt to ignore the point of MY post about the state I live in. When blacks make up such a small segment of a state population, it is unsurprising not to see any blacks in courts or the state house.

You have already called me a racist for my telling you I refuse to pay for reparations, since my past family were never slave owners and never supported segregation.

Your never ending racism is irrational and divisive.

You are a racist. And not because you refuse reparation we would be seeking from the government that made all the things you talk about not doing legal. Affirmative action is not just for blacks and given what happened whites really need to be quiet about it.

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone | TIME.com

And the OP was about the lack of people of color, which make up approximately 30 percent of your states population.

Washington (state) - Wikipedia

I'm neither racist or divisive. Whites like you are just soft and can't take truth.

I agree with Flacalten, that you lack the critical thinking skills to realize that blacks by itself and cumulatively "people of color" (white is a color too) are too small a base to get many into political office and court seats. The obvious flies over your head because you see racism around every corner, underground and even in your dreams.

You LIED about my State since according to the CENSUS Bureau data, "people of color" make up about 23.75% of the population, but again that is misleading since separately NONE of the groups exceeds 8.1%

• White: 76.72%
  • Asian: 8.07%
  • Two or more races: 5.51%
  • Other race: 4.09%
  • Black or African American: 3.65%
  • Native American: 1.32%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.64%
This means they lack political power to elect anyone besides white people who dominate the state by population. Surely that is OBVIOUS?

You are one of the dumbest person on the board and the MOST racist too.

As of this very second, 24 states have all white supreme courts. 18 state supreme courts have NEVER had a non white justice. In 2019. Yet in places like this people want to argue about how things are all in the past, or some other silly auto response some whites have when people of color speak truth.

A new Brennan Center report details vast racial and gender disparities on state supreme courts around the country.
July 23, 2019

We spent a year studying the gender and racial makeup of state supreme courts, which are typically the final arbiters on state law. Our new report, State Supreme Court Diversity, paints a bleak picture of the demographic makeup of these powerful courts. It also points to judicial elections as a key inflection point for addressing the racial disparities we found.

Currently, white men are dramatically overrepresented on state supreme court benches. Though white men make up less than a third of the population, they hold a majority of seats on state supreme courts. Meanwhile, though people of color make up nearly 40 percent of the U.S. population, they hold only 15 percent of state supreme court seats.

Twenty-four states currently have an all-white supreme court bench. This includes eight states in which people of color are at least a quarter of the state’s general population. And in states that have at least one justice of color, there are substantial gaps between the diversity in a state’s general population and its high court bench: the percentage of people of color on the bench is higher than their representation in the state’s population in only five states.

Eighteen states have never had a Black justice on their state supreme court. And 13 states have not seated a single justice of color since at least 1960, the earliest year for which we had comprehensive data.

Elections have rarely been a path to the bench for people of color. Since 1960, only 17 justices of color have first reached the bench through an election, comprising 4 percent of initially elected justices. Comparatively, 141 justices of color were initially appointed to the bench since 1960, comprising 12 percent of all initially appointed justices.

Although candidates of color were more likely to have prior judicial experience as challengers to incumbents or as candidates for open seats, they won less often than their white counterparts.

Interesting. I read the study--much truth there..along with a bit of over-simplification and statistical over-reach. For an example..requiring Idaho, Wyoming or Montana to give preference to Black people based on a perceived injustice nationwide..would be absurd, IMO.Their courts DO reflect the demographics of the State. Well..at least as far as Black people go. An argument could be made for Latino Representation..at least in Idaho--and Native American representation in Montana, North and South Dakota. This study limits itself to Black people though. The assumption is that there is,or will be, qualified applicants of color in those states. I see no reason why not.

There are 8 States that do not, according to this study, reflect the demographics. In those States that hold elections for the office..how would you redress the imbalance/ Limit an election to blacks? Not exactly Constitutional, I imagine. We could change the process to appointment...and limit the potential field to blacks, I guess.

I'm curious as to what you would see as a solution/ some form of quota or preference..until the balance is redressed? The question arises--is it in our best interests to possibly exclude the best candidate..in favor of redressing this imbalance? I reject the notion that there should be a nation-wide benchmark when the office is a State appointment.

If your point was simply to bring attention to this issue..I agree..Blacks are not represented in some states and under-represented in others. Institutional racism will be with us for generations.

This was about the overall underrepresentation on state courts nationwide which includes state with high population of PEOPLE OF COLOR. Why do you not ask how the courts became that way, then address white quotas which are why states with large populations of POC have courts looking like Montana and Wyoming.
Because you cited a study as the basis of our op...and I responded to it. I know why it became that way..it is History 101.

I'm curious as to your proposed solutions? Do you have any/ Or is this thread just a way to while away the time and troll the racial apologists?

There is no such substitution. I see the future fool and we have been mixed for about 300 years.
***chuckles** OK Nostradamus. Culture trumps Color..that is the future. For all sides. Cultural Assimilation...it's not an option..it's natural law.

Here is a prime example of 8chan thinking and a belief in white replacement.

What exactly did people think was going to happen?
You ain't going to correct anything this way. it has gotten as far as it will ever be. You must bring the whole system down and then rebuild it. There is no transformation. You go back 400 years. There are people who are pizzed off in the crap they took in their own lifetimes now.

Yep, blacks are pissed off about the crap we take right now.
If you get any crap it is because of your crappy attitude, not your skin color.

July 23, 2019

Why don't you show where people of color have applied for the court positions and been denied. Perhaps they haven't applied? Do you think all whites who apply are accepted?

You do realize blacks are only 13% of the population and there are hardly any black people in some states, no?

In my state of Washington (democrat majority most of the time) Blacks are just 3.65% of the population, which managed to vote in a black man for Governor years ago. In my Metro city area (third largest in state) no blacks in ANY offices at all, hardly ever seen one run for office either. I was unable for find out if a black person ever held a Superior or supreme court office in the state courts.

But I do know that to qualify you MUST have a law degree, and have some court experience and competence, to get into the high courts. Not surprising when so few blacks have law degrees and so few aspire for high courts, which is the dominant factor on why they don't show up.

Not so. But whites have benefited the most from affirmative action and swear the program is unfair. That's making a mountain out of a molehill. The study shows that nationwide people of color are 40 percent of the population. Not just blacks, but people of color. And they are underrepresented on these courts regardless of their population in a state. But since you are white it's easy for you to make such comments.

Your deflection to Affirmative action (Which is an insult to blacks) is noted for what it is, a desperate attempt to ignore the point of MY post about the state I live in. When blacks make up such a small segment of a state population, it is unsurprising not to see any blacks in courts or the state house.

You have already called me a racist for my telling you I refuse to pay for reparations, since my past family were never slave owners and never supported segregation.

You are a racist. And not because you refuse reparation we would be seeking from the government that made all the things you talk about not doing legal. Affirmative action is not just for blacks and given what happened whites really need to be quiet about it.

And the OP was about the lack of people of color, which make up approximately 30 percent of your states population.

I'm neither racist or divisive. Whites like you are just soft and can't take truth.

I agree with Flacalten, that you lack the critical thinking skills to realize that blacks by itself and cumulatively "people of color" (white is a color too) are too small a base to get many into political office and court seats. The obvious flies over your head because you see racism around every corner, underground and even in your dreams.

You LIED about my State since according to the CENSUS Bureau data, "people of color" make up about 23.75% of the population, but again that is misleading since separately NONE of the groups exceeds 8.1%

This means they lack political power to elect anyone besides white people who dominate the state by population. Surely that is OBVIOUS?

Well let's see.. In your state there are twice as many Asians as Blacks. SO -- by IM2 logic, there should be twice as many Asians as Blacks on the 6 or 8 seat Sup Ct... :113: Ya know... Fairness and all that.. Wouldn't want to get called out for racism of EVERY color would ya???

It's good to keep this to ONE state at a time until MAYBE he can see why combining these state statistics into a whole nation-wide numbers is math masturbation... :2up:

Well let's see.. In your state there are twice as many Asians as Blacks. SO -- by IM2 logic, there should be twice as many Asians as Blacks on the 6 or 8 seat Sup Ct... :113: Ya know... Fairness and all that.. Wouldn't want to get called out for racism of EVERY color would ya???

It's good to keep this to ONE state at a time until MAYBE he can see why combining these state statistics into a whole nation-wide numbers is math masturbation... :2up:

It's funny how you racists try spinning things.

And what about the 12.1 percent Hispanics. They aren't white.

Am I white by your standards?

July 23, 2019

Because you cited a study as the basis of our op...and I responded to it. I know why it became that way..it is History 101.

I'm curious as to your proposed solutions? Do you have any/ Or is this thread just a way to while away the time and troll the racial apologists?

What are your solutions? You never ask for any in threads whites make, so don't start here.

***chuckles** OK Nostradamus. Culture trumps Color..that is the future. For all sides. Cultural Assimilation...it's not an option..it's natural law.

Seems that you were the one talking about a future which probably will not exist as you think. If my people become our people, the things I am talking about now will be corrected. That means the existing society based on white privilege will be gone.

Whites have got nothing based on merit.
Yeah ? And what makes you say that ? You got any evidence of that ? Got a source ? Got a link ? Got anything ?

Note to USMB posters: I'm just humoring this clown. I don't take his nonsense seriously, for one second. If anybody is not getting things on merit, it is the Affirmative Action dum dums, who get hired because of the dark color of their skin, while knowing nothing.

I've got American history. How about you?

Like, you don't even know what you're talking about in regard to Affirmative action.

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

What about women or LGBTQRSTY? What about Jews and Muslims? People who are MIXED race? Poor people? Dumb people? You got enough seats on the Sup Ct. in Washington or Montana for fairness? Maybe you need 20 seats or 21 seats.....

It's politics, demographics and the ways these people are chosen.. If these seats are APPOINTED or voted in partisan races -- you cannot ask the people of state to have a court that is not of "their peers"....

Now Mississippi may have an issue in that Repubs just won't vote for leftist judges on lower courts because that state MAKES it political.. I don't like that. Should never be another monopoly on power by our lousy 2 party system to make judicial appointments another partisan food fight. I'd support elections WITHOUT party identification and make them on issues and beliefs and their judicial records...

July 23, 2019

How many Asians are in the NFL or NBA?

OP wakes up every morning and puts on his racist colored glasses

America is so racist we may never have a real born in America black President and have to settle for the cheap "born in Kenya" knockoff

Lets stop denying the obvious here. 18 states have never had a person of color on their state supreme court. To think there has not been one person of color that on merit did not qualify EVER is straight up insane.

He's seeing racism when there none there. Not exactly a stretch for him.

I see racism where it is and expect dumb uneducated whites like you to say it doesn't exist.

Fail! Try again, Skippy! (Unless you have a Master's Degree, and that's OK)
So which one of the 50 states in the U.S. doesn't have black people? I can't paste all of them here so you'll have to click on the link
List of U.S. states and territories by African-American population - Wikipedia

By 2010 census results
% African-American Rank State or territory African-American Alone Population (2010)[1]
76.03%[2] 1 Virgin Islands (U.S.) 80,908[2]
50.08% 2
23px-Flag_of_the_District_of_Columbia.svg.png
District of Columbia 305,074
37.30% 3
23px-Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png
Mississippi 1,098,385
32.4% 4
23px-Flag_of_Louisiana.svg.png
Louisiana 1,506,534
31.4% 5 Georgia 2,950,435
30.1% 6