The Homophobe Bakers 'Gag Order' is totally made-up by RW media

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Right-Wing Media Invents "Gag Order" For Anti-Gay Oregon Bakers

Conservative media are falsely claiming that an Oregon bakery that discriminated against a same-sex couple was given a "gag order" prohibiting them from expressing their religious beliefs. In reality, the bakery was ordered to "cease and desist" publicizing that it would violate state law by discriminating against gay customers.

On July 2, Oregon's Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery in Gresham, Oregon, must pay $135,000 in damages to Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer. In 2013, Sweet Cakes refused to bake a cake for Rachel and Laurel's commitment ceremony, after which the couple filed an anti-discrimination complaint using the Oregon Equality Act of 2007, which prohibits private businesses from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation.

In the July 2 ruling, Bureau of Labor and Industries commissioner Brad Avakian found that the Kleins had discriminated against the couple on the basis of their sexual orientation. Additionally, Avakian ordered the Kleins to "cease and desist" from publishing or advertising that they would refuse services "of a place of public accommodation... against any person on account of sexual orientation." As reported in USA Today, "The Kleins will not be penalized for speaking about the issue on Christian television and radio programs."

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

Conservative media are falsely claiming that an Oregon bakery that discriminated against a same-sex couple was given a "gag order" prohibiting them from expressing their religious beliefs. In reality, the bakery was ordered to "cease and desist" publicizing that it would violate state law by discriminating against gay customers.

On July 2, Oregon's Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery in Gresham, Oregon, must pay $135,000 in damages to Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer. In 2013, Sweet Cakes refused to bake a cake for Rachel and Laurel's commitment ceremony, after which the couple filed an anti-discrimination complaint using the Oregon Equality Act of 2007, which prohibits private businesses from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation.

In the July 2 ruling, Bureau of Labor and Industries commissioner Brad Avakian found that the Kleins had discriminated against the couple on the basis of their sexual orientation. Additionally, Avakian ordered the Kleins to "cease and desist" from publishing or advertising that they would refuse services "of a place of public accommodation... against any person on account of sexual orientation." As reported in USA Today, "The Kleins will not be penalized for speaking about the issue on Christian television and radio programs."

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

What Conservatives lied to us?

I am Shocked I tell you- Shocked!

wow lying about a gag order about a no nothing bakery. Sounds really really serious LOL

So they were ordered not to publicize their views and this somehow DOESNT amount to a gag order? Only in the liberal mind.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

But it's okay this gay couple vilified the bakers and made it national news when they could have gotten their damn cake somewhere else... ridiculous!

Sometimes it in the best interest of EVEYONE to just let things go.
I'm not going the ghetto and get my groceries knowing I won't be welcome there

People just love to stir the pot. They are never satisfied.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

But it's okay this gay couple vilified the bakers and made it national news when they could have gotten their damn cake somewhere else... ridiculous!

They did get their cake somewhere else. And they didn't vilify anyone. They filed a complaint because they were refused service. In other words, they turned someone in for breaking the law.

Why wouldn't you be welcome in the ghetto? I guarantee you they will sell you groceries. And this couple didn't go somewhere they KNEW they weren't welcome. They walked into a store to buy the same product other couples buy. They were refused the same product sold other people. (which just happens to be against the law in Oregon)

If you don't like the law, you get it repealed or changed. Have you called your Congressman to get Title II of the Civil Rights Act (which protects Christians from discrimination in Public Accommodation, but does NOT protect gays) repealed?

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

These people have lost huge amounts of business. So I guess the market worked, eh?

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

These people have lost huge amounts of business. So I guess the market worked, eh?

It's crap. People ruining others lives for no good reason.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

It's a very good reason. That you don't see it says plenty about you. None of it good.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.
It is a gag order.

1. A gag order (also known as a gagging order or suppressionorder) is an order, typically a legal order by a court or government, restricting information or comment from being made public, or in some cases, passed onto any unauthorized third party.

"On Monday, Slate published an article criticizing The Daily Signal’s coverage headlined “No, Oregon Did Not ‘Gag’ That Anti-Gay Bakery.”

While that’s a great, provocative headline, Slate’s headline is simply not true.

Sorry Slate Oregon Did Gag Those Christian Bakers

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

It's a very good reason. That you don't see it says plenty about you. None of it good.

Gay marriage has been gaining momentum. You can't even watch a TV show without gay characters.
so don't give me this crap about this helps promote the "cause" - because it's crap.

The same way "supposed" minority groups are now, to this day, still WHINING even when they are given the world on a platter.... it will never end. They will keep using their leverage well beyond, and, say what you want, they are abusing it.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

They did get their cake somewhere else. And they didn't vilify anyone. They filed a complaint because they were refused service. In other words, they turned someone in for breaking the law.

Why wouldn't you be welcome in the ghetto? I guarantee you they will sell you groceries. And this couple didn't go somewhere they KNEW they weren't welcome. They walked into a store to buy the same product other couples buy. They were refused the same product sold other people. (which just happens to be against the law in Oregon)

If you don't like the law, you get it repealed or changed. Have you called your Congressman to get Title II of the Civil Rights Act (which protects Christians from discrimination in Public Accommodation, but does NOT protect gays) repealed?
Bullshit. Blacks are the biggest racists going in America. A white customer in a black-owned store catering to a black clientele will get the bum'[s rush. Ask me how I know.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

Bullshit. Blacks are the biggest racists going in America. A white customer in a black-owned store catering to a black clientele will get the bum'[s rush. Ask me how I know.
Payback is a bitch eh? Yeppers...

So they were ordered not to publicize their views and this somehow DOESNT amount to a gag order? Only in the liberal mind.
If you don't like the law, change it, but if you break it, don't bitch like a schoolgirl when you get nailed.

These whiny Christians are truly annoying. What a bunch of fags.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

So, it's OK if it's a payback and you were a FORMERLY repressed group? OOOOOkay..

The same way "supposed" minority groups are now, to this day, still WHINING even when they are given the world on a platter.... it will never end. They will keep using their leverage well beyond, and, say what you want, they are abusing it.

Unlike the the WHINING majority group? (see Christian)

You're Christian, right? Did you know that Federal Law requires that I serve you in all 50 states? You can't be fired from your job or denied housing because you are a Christian, because of FEDERAL LAW in all 50 states. I can be denied housing or be fired in 30 for being gay.

Unlike the the WHINING majority group? (see Christian)

You're Christian, right? Did you know that Federal Law requires that I serve you in all 50 states? You can't be fired from your job or denied housing because you are a Christian, because of FEDERAL LAW in all 50 states. I can be denied housing or be fired in 30 for being gay.
Look who's whining.
The truth is no one should have special rights and privileges. No one.

No gag order.

Sean Hannity is a joke.

Thank you, good night.

So, it's OK if it's a payback and you were a FORMERLY repressed group? OOOOOkay..
Never said it was okay. In the real world shit happens, time to start dealing with the world as it is instead of thinking about it like a child.

Forum List

Back