The independent challenge should happen 4 years from now

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Too late in the game for a serious independent challenge. If Trump or Hillary is going to be horrible, we will find out, and the independent challenger will be that much more attractive four years from when we hit the next election season

Need people to come in here and tell me I'm right
Well, maybe.

I'm still amazed no one has jumped in. If they're not going to do it during this ridiculous circus of a campaign season, with these terribly flawed candidates, when ARE they?

I'd love to see it, one or two of them. The two "major" parties are a disaster right now.

Well, maybe.

I'm still amazed no one has jumped in. If they're not going to do it during this ridiculous circus of a campaign season, with these terribly flawed candidates, when ARE they?

I'd love to see it, one or two of them. The two "major" parties are a disaster right now.
I think this is the problem. In order for an independent to win, there needs to be two independents running that will break up the votes for both parties. If an independent that appeals to the left runs, you break up Hillary's votes and give the election to Trump. If an independent that appeals to the right runs, you break up Trump's votes and give the election to Hillary. If Hillary's votes and Trump's votes are both divided by two independent candidates, then we've got a good game where any of the four could win

Well, maybe.

I think this is the problem. In order for an independent to win, there needs to be two independents running that will break up the votes for both parties. If an independent that appeals to the left runs, you break up Hillary's votes and give the election to Trump. If an independent that appeals to the right runs, you break up Trump's votes and give the election to Hillary. If Hillary's votes and Trump's votes are both divided by two independent candidates, then we've got a good game where any of the four could win
Yes, exactly. One would probably just mean a wipeout.

Forum List

Back