The Japs Attacked Pearl Harbor - Dec. 7th. Everybody Remember ?

My great uncle was stationed aboard the USS West Virginia.....He was lucky because he was ashore for training and had a weekend pass so he was not aboard.....By the time he got back the WV had already sank at it's mooring.

My great uncle was stationed aboard the USS West Virginia.....He was lucky because he was ashore for training and had a weekend pass so he was not aboard.....By the time he got back the WV had already sank at it's mooring.

The Imperial under Yamamoto pulled off a great attack. For years, an attack on Pearl Harbor was part of the curriculum at the Navy War College. I mean damn, Sunday freaking morning, a fleet at anchor (minus the carriers) attacked.

If not for Nimitz and Midway, the Pacific War would turned out drasdticcally differently.

Do schools even teach this type of history anymore? I thought history in schools was focused on the evolution of the trannie and that whites, especially males, are bad.
Some of us are old enough to remember history classes about pearl harbor, when there was no such thing as a "trannie", and whites were John Wayne, James Arness, and Dennis Weaver.

Last edited:
The Japanese did.

And the Japanese in California (both citizens and non-citizens) were ordered to sell their possessions, line up at the train station, and obediently be taken away to relocation camps. All 100,000 complied.

In 2023, they do not use this past injustice as an excuse to run wild in our cities committing all kinds of violent crime against innocent people.
Back in the 1940s, many people thought that when American Japs were detained in camps, most of them were most likely loyal Americans, who would just unfortunately have to suffer for reasons of national security. Many people today think that also.

Liberals have a habit of putting national security on a priority level lower than full freedom. Not much reason going on there. National security trumps freedom. You dont have much freedom if you're DEAD.
If they dont understand what I'm talking about here, it wouldnt surprise me.

The Imperial under Yamamoto pulled off a great attack. For years, an attack on Pearl Harbor was part of the curriculum at the Navy War College. I mean damn, Sunday freaking morning, a fleet at anchor (minus the carriers) attacked.

If not for Nimitz and Midway, the Pacific War would turned out drasdticcally differently.
It's odd, I never really considered it before but one of his brothers and his grandson were all career Navy ratings. Strange with all of them hailing from the same small Virginia farming community.

I never did hear what ship the brother served aboard but both were in the Navy long before WW-2 kicked-off.

The Grandson served before, during, and after the Vietnam war on various ships the last being the USS Inchon, a Helo carrier.

Do schools even teach this type of history anymore? I thought history in schools was focused on the evolution of the trannie and that whites, especially males, are bad.
We sent our sons to a private school so they learned some real history. My neighbor's son went to a public school and as a Jr in High School took a course in American History.

They spent three class days talking about the period from the end of WWI to the present. That of course included WWII and the Cold War. No quiz or anything.

However, they spent three weeks discussing the Civil Rights movement inducing a test and a project.

No wonder these kids nowadays don't know jackshit and vote for idiots like Mr Potatohead.

We sent our sons to a private school so they learned some real history. My neighbor's son went to a public school and as a Jr in High School took a course in American History.

They spent three class days talking about the period from the end of WWI to the present. That of course included WWII and the Cold War. No quiz or anything.

However, they spent three weeks discussing the Civil Rights movement inducing a test and a project.

No wonder these kids nowadays don't know jackshit and vote for idiots like Mr Potatohead.
Sounds about right.

The Japanese did.

And the Japanese in California (both citizens and non-citizens) were ordered to sell their possessions, line up at the train station, and obediently be taken away to relocation camps. All 100,000 complied.

In 2023, they do not use this past injustice as an excuse to run wild in our cities committing all kinds of violent crime against innocent people.
No, the slant eyed Japs did.

Back in the 1940s, many people thought that when American Japs were detained in camps, most of them were most likely loyal Americans, who would just unfortunately have to suffer for reasons of national security. Many people today think that also.
Mr. Sulu, the helmsman of the USS Enterprise under Captain James T. Kirk, was interned in a camp along with his family after the sneak attack.

I worked from 1986 to Feb. of 1989 on Wheeler Army Airfield (now Wheeler Air Force Base) and our hangars were the same ones strafed by Zeros on that day, with some of the bullet holes still in the exterior walls of the hangars.

I think this day has largely been eclipsed by September 11th, but what makes this memorable is that it is the only time in our history, outside of our squabbles with England, that a foreign power has attacked this country.

Hate to break it to you, but there are countries all around the world that have similar days of remembrance, when American bombs and missiles rained down on them, too.

Forum List

Back