The Joys of State Run Healthcare

That socialized medicine is superior

I never said anything like that. I have to take out insurance where l live, and pay a premium each month, according to my means. I’m not in the British system.

The American experience was okay, they took good care of me, and the surgeon did a good job. Given that it was during Covid, and l caught it in that hospital. But they don’t understand precision engineering. Not one tube coming out of me was the same length as the other, therefore hindering my attempts to go to the bathroom. The machine kept beeping every time l moved my arm. And the windows would not open, because, the nurse told me, patients would jump out of them. German hospitals have balconies. And in Cyprus there are terraces to walk around on.

That is not being superior, btw, just different.

Name one. Government officials in Canada fly to the U.S. because their nationalized healthcare is such garbage.

Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan are all ranked as the top healthcare providers in the world, and they all have universal healthcare. The list goes on and on. Virtually every first world nation has universal health. JAMA ranked the US last when it came to healthcare for a high income country! Only backwards thinking governments continue to allow private insurance to dominate the health industry.

I never said anything like that. I have to take out insurance where l live, and pay a premium each month, according to my means. I’m not in the British system.

The American experience was okay, they took good care of me, and the surgeon did a good job. Given that it was during Covid, and l caught it in that hospital. But they don’t understand precision engineering. Not one tube coming out of me was the same length as the other, therefore hindering my attempts to go to the bathroom. The machine kept beeping every time l moved my arm. And the windows would not open, because, the nurse told me, patients would jump out of them. German hospitals have balconies. And in Cyprus there are terraces to walk around on.

That is not being superior, btw, just different.

I wonder how they keep their patients from jumping from their balconies or terraces

Which is why those systems are far inferior to the U.S. I don’t want a nurse doing anything on me other than taking vitals. I want a doctor.

You clearly have not spent any time in a hospital in the US lately, as a nurse is doing far more than taking vitals. You will see a doctor for 15 mins a day (if you are lucky) and the rest of the time the nurse is treating you.

As a healthcare professional, I have seen more than my share of "Healthcare tourism". People from countries with state run healthcare coming to America to get surgeries done because they can't get it, or can't get it in a timely manner in the country they are from. The majority are from Canada, and most of them are knee or hip replacement, but some are also needed surgery.

As a healthcare professional, I have seen more than my share of "Healthcare tourism". People from countries with state run healthcare coming to America to get surgeries done because they can't get it, or can't get it in a timely manner in the country they are from. The majority are from Canada, and most of them are knee or hip replacement, but some are also needed surgery.

You are aware that people from the US go overseas for the same reasons, right?

Working class person here, I've always had excellent healthcare.

You must get good health insurance via your employer. How much do you pay for it a month?

You are aware that people from the US go overseas for the same reasons, right?

You must get good health insurance via your employer. How much do you pay for it a month?
The only people I have heard going overseas for treatment are the ones that go for things that the FDA won't allow to be done here.

I have good health insurance. You do realize that you also pay for government healthcare too right?

The only people I have heard going overseas for treatment are the ones that go for things that the FDA won't allow to be done here.

I was stationed in Yuma with the Marine Corps. The population doubled in the winter with the snowbirds living out of their RVs in "slab cities". They would flock down to Mexico to get all sorts of medical work done, dental work and get their prescriptions filled.

That was in 2000.

I have good health insurance. You do realize that you also pay for government healthcare too right?

Of course, it always has to be paid for one way or the other. No other country pays as much per capita as we do

I was stationed in Yuma with the Marine Corps. The population doubled in the winter with the snowbirds living out of their RVs in "slab cities". They would flock down to Mexico to get all sorts of medical work done, dental work and get their prescriptions filled.

That was in 2000.

Of course, it always has to be paid for one way or the other. No other country pays as much per capita as we do
Yes, Mexico especially is the place you can get things done that are illegal for doctors to do here.

I remember Farah Fawcett travelling to Germany for cancer treatment.

It still didn’t save her in the end.

Forum List

Back