The Juke Box II

This version of One Way Out is much better because it's live, IMO. :D Some bands just sound great live.

The previous version you posted is also live. I don't think they ever did a studio one.
It's also a key higher on Eat a Peach, although it could be a master tape speed variation on one of them.

This version of One Way Out is much better because it's live, IMO. :D Some bands just sound great live.

The previous version you posted is also live. I don't think they ever did a studio one.
It's also a key higher on Eat a Peach, although it could be a master tape speed variation on one of them.

Are you sure that other version was live? I thought it was a studio version from the album.

Are you sure that other version was live? I thought it was a studio version from the album.

Uh, yeah, unless they had several thousand people in the studio with 'em at the time... you can hear the audience right at the beginning and end, as well as 4:21 during Greg Allman's gospel-calling. They're actually noisier than on the second version.

I like the 2nd one too, Duane never ever fails to deliver, although I don't care for Dicky Betts' fuzz tone on that version.

Here's one we used to play over and over back in the vinyl daze, sort of live-in-the-studio -- Clapton and Duane jamming, obviously feeling it, producer rushes in and says "holy shit, roll tape, roll tape!" -- that's why the fade-in start and the gamey mic placement...

Duane comes in at 4:13...

Uh, yeah, unless they had several thousand people in the studio with 'em at the time... you can hear the audience right at the beginning and end, as well as 4:21 during Greg Allman's gospel-calling. They're actually noisier than on the second version.

I like the 2nd one too, Duane never ever fails to deliver, although I don't care for Dicky Betts' fuzz tone on that version.

Here's one we used to play over and over back in the vinyl daze, sort of live-in-the-studio -- Clapton and Duane jamming, obviously feeling it, producer rushes in and says "holy shit, roll tape, roll tape!" -- that's why the fade-in start and the gamey mic placement...

I can't hear the audience on the first version I posted. Maybe it's because I'm not using my earphones.

Yeah, they sound REALLY great. Great band. :D Too bad there are very few bands that are as good as most of the bands from that era.

I can't hear the audience on the first version I posted. Maybe it's because I'm not using my earphones.

The audience is the first sound, and in the first 20 seconds or so you can hear them clapping along before the band builds up. It's one of the leftover tracks from the Fillmore East shows that the second album was made out of.

Hard to imagine sitting down to make a live double record, having a track like that on tape, and it doesn't make the cut :disbelief:

:lol:

I find this song quite lovely....though others may do a better job of it. But nothing quite like the original. Was unaware that it was from a mum's perspective until I found this version.
Whoopsie

Greg

I find this song quite lovely....though others may do a better job of it. But nothing quite like the original. Was unaware that it was from a mum's perspective until I found this version.
Whoopsie

Greg

I didn't know that was a Malvina Reynolds tune -- far out.

From earwig-albums recently posted -- one of the better studio tracks. Nice arrangemement.
For ChrisL:

Whoopsie

Greg

I didn't know that was a Malvina Reynolds tune -- far out.

From earwig-albums recently posted -- one of the better studio tracks. Nice arrangemement.
For ChrisL:

That is a really awesome tune. I love it. Thanks Pogo. :)

Night Ranger - High Road

Happy-Wednesday.gif

And, BTW, you know that the End Times are near, when Dylan announces that he is releasing an album of Frank Sinatra covers.

Stock up your fall-out shelters. He just did....

Forum List

Back