The killer did not use an AR-15...he used a Sig....

yep.......hammers got it wrong.....

NARRATIVE FAIL: Orlando Islamic Terrorist Did NOT Use An AR-15

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.
Who gives a shit? It was an assault weapon. You get the drift.
Do you even know what an Assault weapon is?
Because it has a clip that carries over 30 rounds is that what makes it an Assault weapon?
Because it has a pistol grip does that mean it is an Assault weapon?
Because it looks like an M-16/M-4 does that mean it is an Assault weapon?
AR-15, is a single shot, semi automatic loading rifle, not selective fire assault weapon. That means you have to pull the trigger for each round to come out. Oh my it is soo scary, save me, Obama from the evil guns..
As typical of a stupid liberal(redundant statement)you have no clue about Assault weapons.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You guys are so predictable. Start quibbling over the definition of an assault weapon. If Clinton and Obama and commentators on Fox News can use the term "assault weapons," so can I. You know what we're talking about.

They don't even know what they are talking about. And I mean people on the left and the right who are using the terms assault weapons and assault rifles interchangeably when they are not the same thing. PERIOD.

You can be killed with a shovel.

What rational people are saying is that the AR-15 is no more dangerous than any other .22
What a dumb fuck you are for saying that. The round the AR-15 shoots has a muzzle energy of about 1500 ft/lbs. The 22 long rifle has a muzzle energy of 104 ft/lbs.

223 Remington Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

.22 Long Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

A .22 magnum has greater velocity than an LR. An LR has greater velocity than a regular. The regular more than a short.

Even the short will kill.

So again moron; rational people are saying is that the AR-15 is no more dangerous than any other .22

there is no civilian lawful purpose for this military grade weapon...

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

SIG SAUER developed the MCX rifle for America’s special forces.

While the SIG SAUER MCX kinda looks like a standard AR-15, there’s one major difference: it’s gas piston operated. Buffer and gas tube? Gone. SIG’s replaced them with a short stroke gas piston and a compact recoil system contained completely within the upper receiver. To provide the force necessary to stop the bolt carrier’s rearward movement and return it to battery after each round, the MCX features a pair of recoil springs directly attached to the bolt carrier. Because the recoil springs are housed where an AR-15’s charging handle would normally sit the charging handle has been moved slightly higher than normal on the receiver.

When you run a suppressed rifle the added back pressure from the silencer creates additional force to the bolt carrier, which makes the rifle cycle faster. That’s not good; it can become uncontrollable and cause excessive wear on the operating bits. The MCX has an adjustable gas system that changes the amount of gas being sent to the piston, controlling the cycle rate. The system’s equipped with a gas regulator that the shooter can adjust on the fly.

[NB: There are currently two MCX version on the market. The first (sold through Cabela’s) uses a self-regulating gas system that vents super-heated gas directly into the air to control the pressure. The latest and now official version uses a closed system manually adjusted from “suppressed” to “unsuppressed.” The official word from SIG SAUER: the adjustable gas system was done on request, but they settled on the manual system to make the civilian MCX be as close as possible to the military MCX.]

Gun Review: SIG SAUER MCX - The Truth About Guns

Sure there is. If I want one then I can buy one. The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to own the very same weapons that were used by the military's of the world. Including our own.

And based on the corruption in our government that is now demonstrated on a daily basis, they were correct in doing so.

You are partially correct. I have fixed your statement to actually reflect the 2nd Amendment:

""""The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to "form a well-regulated militia" in the event the newly-created government became tyrannical against its citizenry as King George had become.
""""The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to "form a well-regulated militia" in the event the Fundamentally Transformed government became tyrannical against its citizenry as The Messiah OBama had become.
I don't see any of you fat mouths doing anything about it If you're going to form a militia, get to it or get off the pot and allow sane gun control in this country.

I have over 60 "assault weapons" I actually own several actual assault rifles as well, yes I'm licenses. You do realize that a reinstatement of the law wouldn't have any effect on my owning said weapons , right? Oh sure, I couldn't buy any NEW ones, but it would not take the ones I already own out of circulation. IE the assault weapon ban is neither sane nor gun control.

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

While the SIG SAUER MCX kinda looks like a standard AR-15, there’s one major difference: it’s gas piston operated. Buffer and gas tube? Gone. SIG’s replaced them with a short stroke gas piston and a compact recoil system contained completely within the upper receiver. To provide the force necessary to stop the bolt carrier’s rearward movement and return it to battery after each round, the MCX features a pair of recoil springs directly attached to the bolt carrier. Because the recoil springs are housed where an AR-15’s charging handle would normally sit the charging handle has been moved slightly higher than normal on the receiver.

When you run a suppressed rifle the added back pressure from the silencer creates additional force to the bolt carrier, which makes the rifle cycle faster. That’s not good; it can become uncontrollable and cause excessive wear on the operating bits. The MCX has an adjustable gas system that changes the amount of gas being sent to the piston, controlling the cycle rate. The system’s equipped with a gas regulator that the shooter can adjust on the fly.

[NB: There are currently two MCX version on the market. The first (sold through Cabela’s) uses a self-regulating gas system that vents super-heated gas directly into the air to control the pressure. The latest and now official version uses a closed system manually adjusted from “suppressed” to “unsuppressed.” The official word from SIG SAUER: the adjustable gas system was done on request, but they settled on the manual system to make the civilian MCX be as close as possible to the military MCX.]

Sure there is. If I want one then I can buy one. The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to own the very same weapons that were used by the military's of the world. Including our own.

And based on the corruption in our government that is now demonstrated on a daily basis, they were correct in doing so.

You are partially correct. I have fixed your statement to actually reflect the 2nd Amendment:

""""The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to "form a well-regulated militia" in the event the newly-created government became tyrannical against its citizenry as King George had become.
""""The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to "form a well-regulated militia" in the event the Fundamentally Transformed government became tyrannical against its citizenry as The Messiah OBama had become.
I don't see any of you fat mouths doing anything about it If you're going to form a militia, get to it or get off the pot and allow sane gun control in this country.
It isn't up to US to keep the EVIL people from getting guns, it is your FAILED guberments job, and you can see how well that is going. So as typical of a person with a very low IQ, you want the rest of US to be victims of EVIL people, so then the liberal compassion would be complete. Fairness is when everyone is dead, because liberals are such pansy asses, and conservatives will protect their own.

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.

No....you obviously don't.....the guy could have done the exact same thing with a pistol.....Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 people with a pistol....the rifle didn't matter.
I'd love to see you discuss this with all the experts who have been on news show after news show explaining the difference between the two gun types and the damage they do. I'll give your argument back to you--fine, if the pistol can work "as well," what's your beef with giving up the assault rifles?
You plan on answering my question?

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

I have over 60 "assault weapons" I actually own several actual assault rifles as well, yes I'm licenses. You do realize that a reinstatement of the law wouldn't have any effect on my owning said weapons , right? Oh sure, I couldn't buy any NEW ones, but it would not take the ones I already own out of circulation. IE the assault weapon ban is neither sane nor gun control.
No one says the new law has to be the same as the old one. It is sane to take these killing machines from civilians. Period. Buy backs, whatever.

No one is proposing any of those things. You know, it would be nice if for once you responded to just 1 fucking point I'm making. Instead you keep going back to the same shit.

"You want to ban guns" I don't
"You want to take guns" I don't
"Ok, nothing has happened in 7 fucking years but I sweat it's going to happen any day now"

It's not

Your filthy party is demanding a ban of semi-auto rifles with removable magazines. Piles of shit like Barbra Boxer have called for the confiscation of existing weapons.

Lie to us some more Comrade, we're bound to believe you this time around....

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

This weekend I am going to purchase another HUNTING Rifle, century arms .308 win. It will allow me to bring down bigger game, if I need to.
Century Arms C308 Sporter Centerfire Rifle-912999 - Gander Mountain
Century Arms C308 Sporter Centerfire Rifle
Item # 912999
Customer Rating:
★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
(3)

Key Features

• Roller-Locked Delayed Blowback System

• Fluted Chamber for Reliable Cycling

• Permanently- Mounted Picatinny Rail

• Durable Polymer Furniture

Our Price $699.99
A thousand rounds should last me a while also.

No one says the new law has to be the same as the old one. It is sane to take these killing machines from civilians. Period. Buy backs, whatever.

Not only is that not sane, it isn't going to happen.

I'm not selling my guns back and no one is EVER going to force me to, and it's unbelievable that you would suggest that I should be forced to surrender my weapons which have never harmed anyone. Not one of my weapons has ever walked out of my vault, loaded itself and shot a human being.

Pussy, when the government starts taking away peoples rights, where does it stop, it doesn't, when you have a disarmed citizenry. Dumbass.

Gun%20Control%20-%20Jefferson%20v%20Hitler%2001.png

Because it has a clip that carries over 30 rounds is that what makes it an Assault weapon?
AR-15, is a single shot, semi automatic loading rifle, not selective fire assault weapon. That means you have to pull the trigger for each round to come out. Oh my it is soo scary, save me, Obama from the evil guns..
As typical of a stupid liberal(redundant statement)you have no clue about Assault weapons.

You guys are so predictable. Start quibbling over the definition of an assault weapon. If Clinton and Obama and commentators on Fox News can use the term "assault weapons," so can I. You know what we're talking about.

They don't even know what they are talking about. And I mean people on the left and the right who are using the terms assault weapons and assault rifles interchangeably when they are not the same thing. PERIOD.
You're continuing to quibble over semantics. You know what we mean. Talk about the real issue, which is why anyone needs them. They are overkill for civilians in a civilized country. Pun noted.

That's a fucking opinion piece backed by NO ONE! lmao.

I heard this lesbian chick she wasn't in a homosexual relationship because she doesn't feel like a girl.

I did the same thing as that stupid article you posted. Laugh at how fucking stupid it is. But you're a hammer and everything looks like an anti 2nd Amendment nail.

You keep telling these absurd lies.

It's almost as if you think someone is going to believe you.

Oh, I can surely believe that you have no idea the advantages provided by certain gun features for personal defense. My bet is you've never fired a gun in your life.
You'd lose that bet. 32nd Mechanized Battalion, 1st infantry. See, I don't hate guns. I happen to like guns. I just recognise that some guns simply have no civilian uses. They are designed to kill people. Period. So, all of these hunting, and sporting arguments for assault rifles is just so much bullshit. At least, you don't try try to suggest it is for hunting. But, here's the thing. The only reason you need an asssault rifle for personal protection is because the other guy has an assault weapon. Get the assault weapons off the street, and you don't need it anymore.

You also don't seem to understand that the assault weapon ban would NOT do shit about the assault weapons already in private hands. They were grand fathered in then, they would be grand fathered in now.
Actually, I do understand that, which is why I wouldn't support any assault weapon ban with a grandfather clause. Because the market was flooded with these damned things after the original ban lapsed, any legislation that included a grandfather clause would just be a toothless piece of legislation that accomplishes nothing except making pussy liberals feel like they accomplished something. The only way assault weapons ban works is to ban them all. I'm sorry that, when you bought that military weapon of killing, it was legal. it shouldn't have been, and now you have to give it up. You wanna play with military ordinance? Join the fuckin military

You're continuing to quibble over semantics. You know what we mean. Talk about the real issue, which is why anyone needs them. They are overkill for civilians in a civilized country. Pun noted.

It's not semantics? Why do I need a semi automatic 5.56 caliber rifle? Why do you need the right to remain silent? I mean other people have misused their right to remain silent, so unless you can tell me why you need yours I think we should remove that right. See how silly that sounds? I don't have to justify myself to you.

Now, if you ask why I WANT them, we can have that conversation. As to why I NEED them, in terms of why I should have the right to them, that's irrelevant.

Pussy, when the government starts taking away peoples rights, where does it stop, it doesn't, when you have a disarmed citizenry. Dumbass.

View attachment 78260
Calling me names is not going to change my mind one iota, or further your argument. I don't see people resisting laws they don't like, including the entire Obama administration, using their weapons. So what point are you actually trying to make? Do you think Obama is saying to himself, "Oh, I'd better not pass this executive order--the people might revolt with all their AR-15's." This is a pointless argument. I'm advocating that assault rifles, military-style guns, be banned. Not that you be disarmed.

Oh, I can surely believe that you have no idea the advantages provided by certain gun features for personal defense. My bet is you've never fired a gun in your life.
You'd lose that bet. 32nd Mechanized Battalion, 1st infantry. See, I don't hate guns. I happen to like guns. I just recognise that some guns simply have no civilian uses. They are designed to kill people. Period. So, all of these hunting, and sporting arguments for assault rifles is just so much bullshit. At least, you don't try try to suggest it is for hunting. But, here's the thing. The only reason you need an asssault rifle for personal protection is because the other guy has an assault weapon. Get the assault weapons off the street, and you don't need it anymore.

You also don't seem to understand that the assault weapon ban would NOT do shit about the assault weapons already in private hands. They were grand fathered in then, they would be grand fathered in now.
Actually, I do understand that, which is why I wouldn't support any assault weapon ban with a grandfather clause. Because the market was flooded with these damned things after the original ban lapsed, any legislation that included a grandfather clause would just be a toothless piece of legislation that accomplishes nothing except making pussy liberals feel like they accomplished something. The only way assault weapons ban works is to ban them all. I'm sorry that, when you bought that military weapon of killing, it was legal. it shouldn't have been, and now you have to give it up. You wanna play with military ordinance? Join the fuckin military
:bow2:
You are my hero.

Also, what you refer to semantics? Yeah that's actually what the rest of us call words.

ALL assault rifles are assault weapons, but not all assault weapons are assault rifles. Assault RIFLES are so heavily regulated and even the most ardent 2nd amendment guys on this site don't argue that they shouldn't be.

It's not semantics? Why do I need a semi automatic 5.56 caliber rifle? Why do you need the right to remain silent? I mean other people have misused their right to remain silent, so unless you can tell me why you need yours I think we should remove that right. See how silly that sounds? I don't have to justify myself to you.

Now, if you ask why I WANT them, we can have that conversation. As to why I NEED them, in terms of why I should have the right to them, that's irrelevant.
Why do you need them? It is not irrelevant at all.

Well, good luck with that, I'm sure that law will be passed right after the law making abortion illegal under any circumstances is.

Thanks for admitting though that the AWB was stupid and pointless.

Forum List

Back