The law of the lan

If conservatives don't like their bullshit overturned they should refrain from putting out laws they know test the limits of constitutionality. It does not take a legal scholar to know that they are going to have trouble with something that limits civil rights or just applies to a narrow demographic but they do it anyway in the slim hope that they might win the inevitable challenge. Did you catch that? They know this shit is going to be challenged and they know that it will probably fail, but every now and then they win one.

I just think the people should be in control of their government. I don't know why that is a conservative thing. I guess if progress means getting away from that then I have to wonder what is the eventual goal of "liberal" progressivism and why do they want to move us away from that.
Conservatives have always sought to keep power and privilege in the hands of the white protestant male landowners. This is the opposite of the people being in control of their government. Conservatives stood on the wrong side of every civil rights issue that our country has ever faced and lost because "The People" actually encompasses a much larger group than the boys at the country club.

You can't be a good communist if you include the rich with the people. I think we should call the nearest communist party commander and tell them of your "false consciousness" and crimes against the poor.
I think we should call the loony bin and get you put back in for some more Thorazine and electroshock therapy.

Im sure that would make you feel better. I bet you go home to your mommy and cry every time you lose an argument. You then grew up and now you use electro shock therapy on anyone who disagrees with you.

No the truth usually suffices for reasonable people. The rest, like you, are allowed to wallow in their fear and ignorance because I seriously don't care to waste too much effort educating you on things you should already know.

If conservatives don't like their bullshit overturned they should refrain from putting out laws they know test the limits of constitutionality. It does not take a legal scholar to know that they are going to have trouble with something that limits civil rights or just applies to a narrow demographic but they do it anyway in the slim hope that they might win the inevitable challenge. Did you catch that? They know this shit is going to be challenged and they know that it will probably fail, but every now and then they win one.
I think if honesty were the rule, the Supremes would have ruled differently.

But anything that has anything to do with Progressives is steeped in dishonesty and deception.

Simple fact of life.

I actually think that the Supreme Court as well as every other federal court knows they have lots of power in this country. Who is to say that they use that power in an unbiased way?

But anything that has anything to do with Progressives is steeped in dishonesty and deception.

Simple fact of life.

I actually think that the Supreme Court as well as every other federal court knows they have lots of power in this country. Who is to say that they use that power in an unbiased way?

They are 1 out of 3, they have power. Just like the other 2.

I just think the people should be in control of their government. I don't know why that is a conservative thing. I guess if progress means getting away from that then I have to wonder what is the eventual goal of "liberal" progressivism and why do they want to move us away from that.
Conservatives have always sought to keep power and privilege in the hands of the white protestant male landowners. This is the opposite of the people being in control of their government. Conservatives stood on the wrong side of every civil rights issue that our country has ever faced and lost because "The People" actually encompasses a much larger group than the boys at the country club.

I totally agree. White peoples are evil capatalist that are oppressing the non whites...hay wait...how come Asians are doing so much better. I guess we haven't been doing a good job of keeping them down.

I thought this was a thread on why conservative bullshit laws get killed by the supreme court?

Their has been very few federal laws that were ever struck down by the supreme court
Line-item veto.

I totally agree. White peoples are evil capatalist that are oppressing the non whites...hay wait...how come Asians are doing so much better. I guess we haven't been doing a good job of keeping them down.

I thought this was a thread on why conservative bullshit laws get killed by the supreme court?

Their has been very few federal laws that were ever struck down by the supreme court
Line-item veto.

Thankfully it was one of the few.

Simple fact of life.

Nonsense. They are the extra-equal of the "co-equal" branches of government.

Marbury v. Madison, 1803.

Simple fact of life.

Uh-huh.

They interpret the law.

Simple fact of life.

Uh-huh.

They interpret the law.

They gave themselves the power of judicial review, effectively the final say over the other branches in all constitutional matters. That was never the intent of the Founders.

Co-equal is not defined as "except for".

Conservatives stood on the wrong side of every civil rights issue that our country has ever faced and lost

Stupidest thing I heard all week. Try reading your own history.

Where did Strom stand?

Strom was one man.

Dispute this, anytime.

On Racism and Republicans: The History of Republican Evil

I'm talking about Conservatives.

Ah, the old "Democrats used to be conservatives" gambit? Too funny.

Simple fact of life.

Uh-huh.

They interpret the law.

They gave themselves the power of judicial review, effectively the final say over the other branches in all constitutional matters. That was never the intent of the Founders.

Co-equal is not defined as "except for".

Yep, sorry. Judicial review is the job of the judicial branch. It's not changing anytime soon.

Conservatives stood on the wrong side of every civil rights issue that our country has ever faced and lost

Where did Strom stand?

Strom was one man.

Dispute this, anytime.

Yep. Name a liberal who wanted to throw MLK in jail.

Where did Strom stand?

Strom was one man.

Dispute this, anytime.

You and I don't define liberal the same.

The Ku Klux Klan was undeniably Democrat, as was Bobby Byrd, who as I recall did not rush to join the Republican party following hi bloviating filibuster against and the Democrats' defeat over the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

Just as an example.

You and I don't define liberal the same.

The Ku Klux Klan was undeniably Democrat, as was Bobby Byrd, who as I recall did not rush to join the Republican party following hi bloviating filibuster against and the Democrats' defeat over the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

Just as an example.

The KKK was undeniably Southern Democrat, there is a difference, they openly broke away from the DNC over race to the point that eventually the Democrats lost control of the south and Nixon used that break to create the GOP southern strategy.

As for Robert Byrd, he was a racist and did some bad things. he also apologized for it many times and turned out to be a strong advocate for civil rights garnering a high rating with the NAACP.

Who takes up the cause for states rights, the denial of civil rights for gays and defends the confederate flag? I wouldn't pin those problems on today's Democrats.

"lets except for one moment that Supreme Court decisions are actual laws just for the sake of argument"

False premise. There is one-and only one-way to legally make new law. The Supreme Courts to determine the constitutionality of laws.

Forum List

Back