The Left Controls the Media

POTUS has Coffee with Progressive Media Stars - ABC News
Those there included the Washington Post‘s Ezra Klein and Greg Sargent, MSNBC anchors Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Hayes, the Nation’s editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel, the New York Times‘ Frank Bruni, and stars of the interwebs Arianna Huffington, Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo, Faiz Shakir of ThinkProgress and Joy Reid of The Reid Report.
-Jake Tapper
And what is wrong with that? He has yet to give an interview to any of those people, yet he's done two with O'Reilly and at least one with Chris Wallace.

And where was your outrage over this?

Obama Dines With Conservative Journalists

President-elect Barack Obama made an unscheduled stop this evening to attend a dinner party at the Washington, D.C. area home of conservative columnist George Will.

A press pool photographer also spied fellow conservatives William Kristol of The Weekly Standard and David Brooks of the New York Times. A spokesman for Obama was also in attendance; a full guest list was not made public.

Oh, that's right: you didn't have any. Hack.

You don't realize it, but you prove my point. :eusa_clap:

In other words, you have no answer.

Correct. And since he has no answer, he will now play a game of making believe that he has already said or proven something, and you're just not smart enough to get it.

Typical daveman troll-job.
How many times do I have to keep telling you? "Troll" does NOT mean "someone who hurts my widdle feewings".

e05ddf60574606562061562.png

Those there included the Washington Post‘s Ezra Klein and Greg Sargent, MSNBC anchors Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Hayes, the Nation’s editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel, the New York Times‘ Frank Bruni, and stars of the interwebs Arianna Huffington, Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo, Faiz Shakir of ThinkProgress and Joy Reid of The Reid Report.
-Jake Tapper
And what is wrong with that? He has yet to give an interview to any of those people, yet he's done two with O'Reilly and at least one with Chris Wallace.

President-elect Barack Obama made an unscheduled stop this evening to attend a dinner party at the Washington, D.C. area home of conservative columnist George Will.

A press pool photographer also spied fellow conservatives William Kristol of The Weekly Standard and David Brooks of the New York Times. A spokesman for Obama was also in attendance; a full guest list was not made public.

Of course I wasn't outraged over that...just as I'm not outraged over the leftist ass-kiss-a-thon Obama had with his cheerleaders. :lol:

Not everyone operates solely on emotion like you leftists.

-Jake Tapper

Of course I wasn't outraged over that...just as I'm not outraged over the leftist ass-kiss-a-thon Obama had with his cheerleaders. :lol:

Then what was your point in posting it?

Oh, that's right: you are a mindless hack.

I grew up with a Marine Colonel that was a combat vet WWII turned English college Professor and leaned liberal. Most of the folks I grew up with were liberals. I read a lot of stuff and included is left wing material.
I am not a liberal.

You walk like a duck, talk like a duck and look like a duck.

Very funny lad.
Now try and come up with some facts for a change.
But also include the fairy tales. You are a riot!:lol:

My point? I was laughing at the lapdogs showing up to get scratched behind the ears. Like a cocker spaniel, I bet Ed Schultz peed on the rug in ecstasy. :lol:

Last edited:
I am also Libertarian.
:lol: Have to admit that in my business over the last 30 years dealing with lawyers I had to eat a lot.
But all is good now as life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you make the less shit you have to eat.

You're about as libertarian as Pol Pot.

You do not know what a libertarian is.
Try again but keep it up. You a funny boy.

My point? I was laughing at the lapdogs showing up to get scratched behind the ears. Like a cocker spaniel, I bet Ed Schultz peed on the rug in ecstasy. :lol:
So, in other words, you're just showing your ass again.

Carry on.

In the free market "media outlets" have the right to run as biased sources, or not.

If you don't like the bias, then don't watch.

Correct. And since he has no answer, he will now play a game of making believe that he has already said or proven something, and you're just not smart enough to get it.

How many times do I have to keep telling you? "Troll" does NOT mean "someone who hurts my widdle feewings".

Clown boy feeds on projection. It's best to ignore his dumbass. Maybe he will go back to his hole and feel sorry for himself like he should.

Clown boy feeds on projection. It's best to ignore his dumbass. Maybe he will go back to his hole and feel sorry for himself like he should.
He lacks the wit to recognize his intellectual bankruptcy.

And it's fun highlighting it. :lol:

Conservatives claiming to be victims of media bias is one of the oldest examples of victimology in the modern era.

The Nazis said similar things about the Jews and so did Stalin about the Kulaks.

When did the Nazis say anything about the Jews claiming to be victims of media bias?

And why would that be relevant? The Nazis also believed in having a huge military, just like you do.:lol:

The media are controlled by the profit motive, nothing more.

Obviously not, because otherwise MSNBC would be trying to appeal to conservatives instead of just liberals.

Why shouldn't MSNBC exist as a counterbalance to Foxnews? Foxnews has taken it upon itself to be a mouthpiece for the right and the Republican party;

Foxnews has thus created the justification for a cablenews channel to exist to politically balance cable news.

Networks portray Obama as a taxcutter. From the 2010 report: “Obama also signed a $65-billion tax hike into law. Up to $4.2 trillion more in tax increases will hit taxpayers starting January 1. Yet, when the networks talked about tax cuts, ABC, CBS and NBC have portrayed Obama as a tax cutter more than four times as often as they talked about him raising taxes. Those potential tax increases are almost 20 times the size of the $214 billion temporary tax cuts Obama included in the stimulus bill. Tax cutter? Hardly.” Obama the Tax Cutter: A Network Fairy Tale: Executive Summary

a. In a typical network example, NBC’s John Yang credited the president with significant tax cuts when he lauded Obama’s successful passage of the enormous stimulus bill that was more than 70 percent spending and less than 30 percent tax relief, saying: “Obama hasn’t been in office even four weeks yet and he’s already won passage of the biggest spending increase and tax cut bill in history.” NBC “Nightly News” went on to depict Obama as a tax cutter 14 times as often as they discussed his tax increases. Ibid.

b. When journalists did consult economists, they went to liberals like administration officials Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and Budget Director Peter Orszag and left-wing groups like Brookings Institute and Tax Policy Center more than 4 times as often (38 to 9).Ibid.

Does the irony escape you that your post above uses the Business and Media Institute as its information source?

The Business & Media Institute (BMI) was founded in 1992 as the Free Market Project by the conservative media watchdog group Media Research Center whose President is L.Brent Bozell.

Please don't tell us you can't see the laugh out loud irony of that.

you can always take it upon yourself to disprove their assertions or facts. facts as in the medias use of the pejorative con vs. liberal labeling which I have already described.

Their assertions are to that the combined throw weight of the media submerges con outlets, by a huge margin, there fore this provides a platform that is overwhelming, and I won't even count the day time shows the view, good morning America etc etc etc ....the TV' entertainment' programming.

And what makes that fact important is; each on of us, you me all of us employ bias. we seek out and extend from ourselves what we perceive or feel is 'right' in every context and medium.

The newsrooms, media depts. etc etc etc . of that media have a combined pop. that is over 85% self identifying left of center/liberal.

Fox is slanted, no doubt about it, and so to are the rest. it really is that simple.

Every American who has access to the media has access to conservative programming,

in abundance. No one is being denied access to the remote, or the radio dial, or having their internet access filtered.

This rightwing complaint is without merit.

We'll have save this and bring it out when the "PC is bad" types start whining..., AGAIN! :cool:

Does the irony escape you that your post above uses the Business and Media Institute as its information source?

The Business & Media Institute (BMI) was founded in 1992 as the Free Market Project by the conservative media watchdog group Media Research Center whose President is L.Brent Bozell.

Please don't tell us you can't see the laugh out loud irony of that.

you can always take it upon yourself to disprove their assertions or facts. facts as in the medias use of the pejorative con vs. liberal labeling which I have already described.

Their assertions are to that the combined throw weight of the media submerges con outlets, by a huge margin, there fore this provides a platform that is overwhelming, and I won't even count the day time shows the view, good morning America etc etc etc ....the TV' entertainment' programming.

And what makes that fact important is; each on of us, you me all of us employ bias. we seek out and extend from ourselves what we perceive or feel is 'right' in every context and medium.

The newsrooms, media depts. etc etc etc . of that media have a combined pop. that is over 85% self identifying left of center/liberal.

Fox is slanted, no doubt about it, and so to are the rest. it really is that simple.

Every American who has access to the media has access to conservative programming,

in abundance. No one is being denied access to the remote, or the radio dial, or having their internet access filtered.

This rightwing complaint is without merit.

But the lions share of media does lean left.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

Forum List

Back