The Left Controls the Media

Re: Still no examples of that leftist MSM the right requires so they can anguish over imaginary foes and ignore real issues. Attempts do not constitute proof.

Katie Couric - Healthcare reform in America is bad? I think most humans viewing our system of debt, and bankruptcy, along with millions uninsured would consider that the humane thing to do. I do not find bias in sensible reform measures - that for me is how life should be worked, we try and try some more. Giving up is not in the American spirit.

Elian Gonzalez had a father who wanted to care for him, any parent would understand this is not political - enough said.

Vietnam grew out of the fear of communism, it grew out of the domino theory of fear and was created by cold war hysteria, honest reporting on the consequences of American involvement does not constitute leftist propaganda. No one was praising North Vietnam communism. South Vietnam was corrupt, it is corrupt as Afghanistan is today. Is calling something what it is somehow wrong? History changed attitudes due to the Draft and the deaths of fifty six thousand Americans. MSM followed the lead of the protesting Americans who were tired of death and deception. If the draft existed today attitudes towards Iraq and Afghanistan would be different. The Arab Spring should demonstrate that nations need to change from within and power will always fight change.

Propublica is not MSM and from a casual view not very leftist IMHO but they do appear fair. I need to check it out more.

Forty years of bashing the word 'liberal' has worked and proven beyond any doubt that MSM cannot be liberal, aka leftist in the minds of some. Consider that even Eisenhower called his administration 'progressive' and you have to give corporate and conservative think tanks great credit. Together they have brain washed so many that the obvious becomes the invisible. When MSM media presents the real conditions of poverty in America, of working Americans, of Corporate malfeasance, our crumbling infrastructure, our sad inner city educational system, and our deplorable healthcare system in honest ways, I will change to calling MSM fair and liberal in the sense of change and moving forward, leftist as I would define it, they will never be.

And to the one responder who continues in a self referential circle with no real answer, proof may exist in your head, but please recognize, it stops there.

"President Eisenhower describes his administration's political philosophy as 'dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive, dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive moderation,' then as 'moderate progressivism,' and then as 'positive progressivism.'" William Manchester, 'The Glory and the Dream'

Last edited:
Weak attempt at a come back.
Your side states media CHANGES voters.

There is no question of that. No way someone with the politics of Barack Obama gets in office without a media campaign to market him and his radical views as mainstream. Few other than Oprah could pull it off.

To date you have provided NOTHING to prove that.

You're just not paying attention.

Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you offer is the "influence" argument which I clearly stated 100009 times I agreed with.
So you would change your vote and political party based on media. At least you admit and I admire your honesty.

I'm a Libertarian, which is to say contrarian. Still, I'm influenced by what I read and hear.

I have dropped the shit. The last time I saw something like your post, I flushed it.

Yeah, but not until you ate it and passed it.

I am also Libertarian.
:lol: Have to admit that in my business over the last 30 years dealing with lawyers I had to eat a lot.
But all is good now as life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you make the less shit you have to eat.

I grew up with a Marine Colonel that was a combat vet WWII turned English college Professor and leaned liberal. Most of the folks I grew up with were liberals. I read a lot of stuff and included is left wing material.
I am not a liberal.

"Don't believe the right-wing ideologues when they tell you the left still controls the media agenda. It does not any longer. It's a fact."
- Bill O'Reilly July 27, 2005 Talking Points

Hilarious.

If the left controlled the media, we never would have been tricked into invading Iraq.

"Don't believe the right-wing ideologues when they tell you the left still controls the media agenda. It does not any longer. It's a fact."
Funny how you believe that from him, but not anything else.
"I admit it -- the liberal media were never that powerful, and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."
William Kristol, the New Yorker, 5/22/95

"There is some strategy to it [bashing the 'liberal' media]. If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack on the next one."
- Rich Bond, chair of the Republican Party, 1992

"There is some strategy to it [bashing the 'liberal' media]. If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack on the next one."
- Rich Bond, chair of the Republican Party, 1992

Yep, nothing biased about our media...

2011-07-04-Time-Constitution.jpg

You Obamabot fascists are fucking geniuses!

"...If you say that this is how our culture is and then you send your child to a Swiss boarding school. You know, this is what happens with communism. It's a great concept. On paper it makes perfect sense." - Whoppi Goldberg on "The View."

No bias there....

{, former NBC anchor Tom Brokaw warned that a "class war" could develop unless "income inequality" is addressed. Brokaw:

They've landed on something that I think resonates with a lot of people, and that's the one percent versus 99 percent. Most people, the overwhelming majority obviously, are in the 99 percent. And there is that great concern about income inequality in this country.

In the course of the last three weeks, I've been all over America, 19 cities altogether. And I've had a lot of high-income people come to me and say we really do have to do something about income inequality because that could trigger a class war in this country. And the consequences are not very pretty to contemplate.}

Can you say "Obamabot?"

Then there was the proof of media bias for Obama when the JournoList scandal showed hundreds of journalists conspiring to minimize negative publicity surrounding Obama’s radical ties. Klein, "Red Army."

a. “…Journolist, a listserv comprised of several hundred liberal journalists, as well as like-minded professors and activists…. took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage…. urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.” Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Hilarious.

If the left controlled the media, we never would have been tricked into invading Iraq.

Networks portray Obama as a taxcutter. From the 2010 report: “Obama also signed a $65-billion tax hike into law. Up to $4.2 trillion more in tax increases will hit taxpayers starting January 1. Yet, when the networks talked about tax cuts, ABC, CBS and NBC have portrayed Obama as a tax cutter more than four times as often as they talked about him raising taxes. Those potential tax increases are almost 20 times the size of the $214 billion temporary tax cuts Obama included in the stimulus bill. Tax cutter? Hardly.” Obama the Tax Cutter: A Network Fairy Tale: Executive Summary

a. In a typical network example, NBC’s John Yang credited the president with significant tax cuts when he lauded Obama’s successful passage of the enormous stimulus bill that was more than 70 percent spending and less than 30 percent tax relief, saying: “Obama hasn’t been in office even four weeks yet and he’s already won passage of the biggest spending increase and tax cut bill in history.” NBC “Nightly News” went on to depict Obama as a tax cutter 14 times as often as they discussed his tax increases. Ibid.

b. When journalists did consult economists, they went to liberals like administration officials Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and Budget Director Peter Orszag and left-wing groups like Brookings Institute and Tax Policy Center more than 4 times as often (38 to 9).Ibid.

Hilarious.

Networks portray Obama as a taxcutter. From the 2010 report: “Obama also signed a $65-billion tax hike into law. Up to $4.2 trillion more in tax increases will hit taxpayers starting January 1. Yet, when the networks talked about tax cuts, ABC, CBS and NBC have portrayed Obama as a tax cutter more than four times as often as they talked about him raising taxes. Those potential tax increases are almost 20 times the size of the $214 billion temporary tax cuts Obama included in the stimulus bill. Tax cutter? Hardly.” Obama the Tax Cutter: A Network Fairy Tale: Executive Summary

a. In a typical network example, NBC’s John Yang credited the president with significant tax cuts when he lauded Obama’s successful passage of the enormous stimulus bill that was more than 70 percent spending and less than 30 percent tax relief, saying: “Obama hasn’t been in office even four weeks yet and he’s already won passage of the biggest spending increase and tax cut bill in history.” NBC “Nightly News” went on to depict Obama as a tax cutter 14 times as often as they discussed his tax increases. Ibid.

b. When journalists did consult economists, they went to liberals like administration officials Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and Budget Director Peter Orszag and left-wing groups like Brookings Institute and Tax Policy Center more than 4 times as often (38 to 9).Ibid.
Brent Bozo's MRC :rofl::lmao: Now you are really desperate! :badgrin:

"Potential" tax increases that never happened should have been "reported" as tax increases that did happen for media to not be Liberal. :cuckoo:

"Spending" increases should have been "reported" as tax increases for the media to not be Liberal. :cuckoo:

Funny how you believe that from him, but not anything else.
"I admit it -- the liberal media were never that powerful, and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."
William Kristol, the New Yorker, 5/22/95
No quotes from Rush? :lol:

Hilarious.

"Potential" tax increases that never happened should have been "reported" as tax increases that did happen for media to not be Liberal. :cuckoo:

"Spending" increases should have been "reported" as tax increases for the media to not be Liberal. :cuckoo:

John-david Morgan, a lobbyist and spokesman for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1, was caught on tape bragging about how his union works with local news outlets to push stories that make Republican Gubernatorial candidate Scott Walker look bad.

Morgan had no idea that the person he was talking to outside a Milwaukee bar was a Walker campaign aide with an iPhone voice recorder app.
Breitbart.tv » FLASHBACK: SEIU Brags About Local Media

Reading the conservative, republican(?), libertarian, replies is telling. It would be too easy to find other quotes from media people that present another point of view. If you agree or disagree with the quote, it does not follow that MSM is whatever you've come to believe it is. It only shows you're not thinking. Has anyone watched 'the five' on fox? You could easily pull comments from that show that are downright off the wall? So then does that prove MSM is off the wall? If you ever watch the show note how many strawman statements are used.

But consider that if MSM were liberal or leftist and they presented an in depth review of labor practices at say Walmart, how long do you think Walmart would support them? Don't worry the story wouldn't even pass the editors or production desk. Anyone can think of lots of examples. It is only after the public mood has changed that any MSM network will touch the controversial. Consider outsourcing at the major corporations - ever see anything on that called leftist MSM? No? Wonder why?

I will say 'Vanguard' on Current TV often appears fair and covers tough topics. I consider them fair, but many would call them liberal in today's America. Watch their show on 'Two Americas' as an example of well done reporting on reality and not just words.

Two Americas // Current TV

John-david Morgan, a lobbyist and spokesman for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1, was caught on tape bragging about how his union works with local news outlets to push stories that make Republican Gubernatorial candidate Scott Walker look bad.

Morgan had no idea that the person he was talking to outside a Milwaukee bar was a Walker campaign aide with an iPhone voice recorder app.
Breitbart.tv » FLASHBACK: SEIU Brags About Local Media
If it's BigotBarf, you know it's faked.
You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. :D

Forum List

Back