The left must be stopped from re-writing history

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The left has already pushed the lie that Dems and Repubs 'traded places' so they don't have to take credit for the racist history of their party.

Now they are trying to rewrite the 14th amendment so it will say what they want. No, the 14th amendment does not mean anyone born here is automatically a citizen. All the anchor babies are here illegally, just like their parents.

The amendment was written only for the freed slaves. It did not cover people who came of their own free will by sneaking through our borders. I am glad this is finally being addressed and clarified because it's past time to take away the incentives for people to sneak through our border.

No citizenship for anchor babies. If the parents have no business being here, their child will not serve as an anchor so they can receive benefits.

I know the leftists want open borders, which means the end of this country. A blue wave would drown us all so I pray that doesn't happen. Hopefully, there won't be enough cheating to tilt the election in their favor or we are done.

"Still, it requires breathtaking audacity to use the Civil War amendments to bring in cheap foreign labor, which drives down the wages of African-Americans -- the very people the amendments were written to protect!

Whether the children born to legal immigrants are citizens is controversial enough. But at least there's a Supreme Court decision claiming that they are -- U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark. That's "birthright citizenship."

It's something else entirely to claim that an illegal alien, subject to deportation, can drop a baby and suddenly claim to be the parent of a "citizen."

This crackpot notion was concocted by liberal zealot Justice William Brennan and slipped into a footnote as dicta in a 1982 case. "Dicta" means it was not the ruling of the court, just a random aside, with zero legal significance.

Left-wing activists seized on Brennan's aside and browbeat everyone into believing that anchor babies are part of our great constitutional heritage, emerging straight from the pen of James Madison.

No Supreme Court has ever held that children born to illegal aliens are citizens. No Congress has deliberated and decided to grant that right. It's a made-up right, grounded only in the smoke and mirrors around Justice Brennan's 1982 footnote.

Obviously, it would be better if Congress passed a law clearly stating that children born to illegals are not citizens. (Trump won't be president forever!) But until that happens, the president of the United States is not required to continue a ridiculous practice that has absolutely no basis in law.

It's often said that journalism is the first draft of history. As we now we see, fake news is the first draft of fake history."

The True History of Millstone Babies

The left has already pushed the lie that Dems and Repubs 'traded places' so they don't have to take credit for the racist history of their party.

Now they are trying to rewrite the 14th amendment so it will say what they want. No, the 14th amendment does not mean anyone born here is automatically a citizen. All the anchor babies are here illegally, just like their parents.

The amendment was written only for the freed slaves. It did not cover people who came of their own free will by sneaking through our borders. I am glad this is finally being addressed and clarified because it's past time to take away the incentives for people to sneak through our border.

No citizenship for anchor babies. If the parents have no business being here, their child will not serve as an anchor so they can receive benefits.

I know the leftists want open borders, which means the end of this country. A blue wave would drown us all so I pray that doesn't happen. Hopefully, there won't be enough cheating to tilt the election in their favor or we are done.

"Still, it requires breathtaking audacity to use the Civil War amendments to bring in cheap foreign labor, which drives down the wages of African-Americans -- the very people the amendments were written to protect!

Whether the children born to legal immigrants are citizens is controversial enough. But at least there's a Supreme Court decision claiming that they are -- U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark. That's "birthright citizenship."

It's something else entirely to claim that an illegal alien, subject to deportation, can drop a baby and suddenly claim to be the parent of a "citizen."

This crackpot notion was concocted by liberal zealot Justice William Brennan and slipped into a footnote as dicta in a 1982 case. "Dicta" means it was not the ruling of the court, just a random aside, with zero legal significance.

Left-wing activists seized on Brennan's aside and browbeat everyone into believing that anchor babies are part of our great constitutional heritage, emerging straight from the pen of James Madison.

No Supreme Court has ever held that children born to illegal aliens are citizens. No Congress has deliberated and decided to grant that right. It's a made-up right, grounded only in the smoke and mirrors around Justice Brennan's 1982 footnote.

Obviously, it would be better if Congress passed a law clearly stating that children born to illegals are not citizens. (Trump won't be president forever!) But until that happens, the president of the United States is not required to continue a ridiculous practice that has absolutely no basis in law.

It's often said that journalism is the first draft of history. As we now we see, fake news is the first draft of fake history."

Bravo on your post it was very good. Compared with the lies I have been reading it is like a breath of fresh air. The have uncovered a India Business that arranges trips to the U.S from India with women who are with child. They set up the Hosp, Doctors for their stay. They return to India with a dual citizen. This is wrong also. We are the target for all these con jobs.
upload_2018-11-2_0-29-57.jpeg

If we take away birthright citizenship from illegals, the Democrat Party will go extinct.

If we take away birthright citizenship from illegals, the Democrat Party will go extinct.
that is such utter BULL CRap.... made up crud by the right wing propaganda machine with regurgitating pawns like you as helpers....

STOP promulgating lies, please!

this explains some of it... there was another link on it that I found fron History.com that I am trying to find again, which explained more.... I'll link it, if I can find it again...

Supreme Court set clear precedent on birthright citizenship

Unsurprisingly, birthright citizenship came to America with English common law. Justice Horace Gray emphasized the need to interpret the legal meaning of “citizen” for constitutional purposes in the 1898 case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark. That case concerned a San Francisco man born to Chinese nationals whose citizenship status was called into question when he returned from a trip to China. Ark had never renounced ties to the United States or acquired conflicting allegiance to China, and the Supreme Court’s 6-2 ruling in his favor established precedent in interpreting the 14th Amendment’s citizenship clause.

The court observed that under English law, citizenship was by “birth within the allegiance, also called ‘ligealty,’ ‘obedience,’ ‘faith,’ or ‘power’ of the king.” Under the principle, “all persons born within the king’s allegiance and subject to his protection” were citizens. Allegiance and protection obligations were “not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom.” Therefore, all “children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects.” According to Justice Gray, the “same rule was in force in all the English colonies” in America.

He referenced an 1832 case, Levy v. McCartee, in which Justice Joseph Story wrote, “If an alien cometh into England and hath issue two sons, these two sons are indigenae, subjects born, because they are born within the realm,” and any such child was “a native-born subject, according to the principles of the common law.”

Aside from the common law, the Civil Rights Act of 1866 addressed the matter, stating that “all persons born in the United States, and not subject to any foreign power, excluding Indians not taxed, are hereby declared to be citizens of the United States.” Most importantly, the 14th Amendment to the Constitution recites: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

Some, including the president, argue that the qualification “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” may help to deprive children of illegal immigrants of birthright citizenship. But this is wishful thinking. The wording, Justice Gray explained in Ark, “would appear to have been to exclude, by the fewest and fittest words ... children born of alien enemies in hostile occupation and children of diplomatic representatives of a foreign state.” Both, he noted, under the law in England and in American colonies, “had been recognized exceptions to the fundamental rule of citizenship by birth within the country.”

To support this argument, Justice Gray referred to an even earlier ruling: Chief Justice John Marshall’s words in The Exchange v. McFaddon (1812). Marshall wrote unequivocally that aliens are subjected to the jurisdiction of the sovereign where they are found, reasoning that “it would be obviously inconvenient and dangerous to society, and would subject the laws to continual infraction and the government to degradation, if (aliens) did not owe temporary and local allegiance, and were not amenable to the jurisdiction of the country.”

So, if illegal Mexicans or other nationals are found in the United States, they are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. As Marshall noted, Mexico or other sovereigns do not have “any motive for wishing such exemption.”

The court’s ruling in the Ark case does not seem to exclude the children of illegal immigrants from their birthright of citizenship. Justice Gray was clear that the Civil Rights Act and the 14th Amendment mandate this conclusion.

President Trump cannot undo these principles by executive order.

That doesn't make a damn lick of sense.

You know that, right?

I'm pretty sure nobody has used any white-out to change the 14th. It still says what it always said. I'm sorry if you don't like what it says.

The 14th amendment was written for CHILDREN of SLAVES, not to facilitate an invasion of illegal aliens looking to gain a foothold in a nation they illegally entered.

Sorry. That's the way the supreme court will see it too so... you libs might as well start screaming helplessly at the sky now.

The 14th amendment was written for CHILDREN of SLAVES, not to facilitate an invasion of illegal aliens looking to gain a foothold in a nation they illegally entered.

Sorry. That's the way the supreme court will see it too so... you libs might as well start screaming helplessly at the sky now.

Get back with me when that happens.

There won't be any need for that. It'll be on the news.

OK. Any day now.

I'm pretty sure nobody has used any white-out to change the 14th. It still says what it always said. I'm sorry if you don't like what it says.
All of a sudden it's an issue but before it was all about Hillary.

Because you want to re-write it, but you can only do it if you use force to stop other people doing it, because you know your version of history will be full of spelling and grammar mistakes, and make no sense whatsoever?

OK. Any day now.
You taking ACID or what? Got no comprehension of time?

Get a grip, dumbass.

The 14th means what it says, clearly. If it is an issue change it but Republicans wrote the damn thing and now they don't like their forefathers of the party.

theres been more attempts to change the 14th than Trumpbots have IQ points - it aint gonna happen morons.

you might as well chalk it up with that pipe dream wall of yours ...

Forum List

Back