The Lessons of ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ for Social Conservatives in Age of Trump

I heard this author interviewed.....and of course the author of the article lies right at the beginning.....bill clinton wasn't impeached over lies about sex....he was impeached for lying under oath to a federal judge and abusing the his powers to cover up his scandal....

And the author of the article doesn't get it either....

The election of Trump despite his very clear moral failings is a red flag for social conservative leaders that family values have fallen by the wayside for a vast majority of their former constituents.

No....it isn't....there was a binary choice...Trump or hilary.....that was it...hilary was a vile crook, Trump got divorced a lot....and the left wing extremism of hilary was the choice they voted against...to save the country....

If there was a better candidate who could have beaten hilary.....they would have voted for them...the other republicans....represented the establishment who had already failed in 8 years of obama to turn the tide....

The author of the article just doesn't get it...luckily for us...

THe religious right didn't get their way this once.

That's all this means.

He's promised constructionist judges. ANd he's not going to be hostile to Christianity.

Right there is why Evangelicals had good reason to vote for him instead of HIllary.

There will be no sex scandals. The guy is pushing 70.

That's all this means.

He's promised constructionist judges. ANd he's not going to be hostile to Christianity.

Right there is why Evangelicals had good reason to vote for him instead of HIllary.

Ah, so the Clinton thing was about sex, better tell 2wouldbeaguy.

The religious right is going to back an illegal drug using anti-Christian, anti-military, anti-veteran, anti-American, anti-gun, racist asshole? I don't think so.

Hey! I'm pushing 70 and if I was President and had his money there would be all kinds of sex scandals!

That's all this means.

Ah, so the Clinton thing was about sex, better tell 2wouldbeaguy.

The op mentioned sex scandals based on Trump's past divorces. My post was in response the OP topic.

I understand that this would be confusing to a liberal.

My points stand.

That's all this means.

Forum List

Back