The Longest War: Afghan Teenager Fatally Stabs U.S. Soldier...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
But we're told they love us. So sad.

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - An Afghan teenager fatally stabbed an American soldier in the neck as he played with children in eastern Afghanistan, officials said Monday, as the U.S. death toll rose sharply last month with an uptick in fighting due to warmer weather.

Last week's calculated attack shows that international troops still face a myriad of dangers even though they are increasingly taking a back seat in operations with Afghan forces ahead of a full withdrawal by the end of 2014.

A series of so-called insider attacks on foreign troops by Afghan forces of insurgents disguised as them has threatened to undermine the trust needed to help President Hamid Karzai's government take the lead in securing the country after more than 11 years at war.

The attack that killed Sgt. Michael Cable, 26, of Philpot, Ky., last Wednesday occurred after the soldiers had secured an area for a meeting of U.S. and Afghan officials in a province near the volatile border with Pakistan.

But one of two senior U.S. officials who confirmed that Cable had been stabbed by a young man said the assailant was not believed to have been in uniform so it was not being classified as an insider attack...

Read more: Afghan teenager fatally stabs US soldier - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Those people hate us, I wouldn't go near any of those children. R.I.P to the Soldier.

Those people hate us, I wouldn't go near any of those children. R.I.P to the Soldier.
I think you're right. And the tragedy of it is they have cause to hate us.

I just want our men and women out there . . .
I don't know what you mean by, "want our men and women out there." Out where?

I could care less if they have good reason to hate us.
I don't believe you've given enough thought to that issue. Are you saying the concept of right vs wrong means nothing to you?

Don't you know that hate was the motivation for the 911 attack? It's also the motivation for all such terrorist attacks.

When a people have shown they are willing to sacrifice their own lives to strike at you it's smart to avoid pissing those people off. There are few things more dangerous than someone who is ready and willing to die.

Last edited:
Time to pull out the troops and sterilize the entire area. Turn all of Afghanistan into an uninhabitable wasteland for the next ten thousand years.

The guy was playing with children and get stabbed in the neck by a 16yr old:evil:

Afghan teen kills U.S. soldier while GI played with children

afghanistan_lea_s640x748.jpg

Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 25, of Philpot, Ky., was killed by an Afghan teenager who stabbing the soldier in the neck while the GI played with a group of local children, officials said on Monday, April 1, 2013. (AP Photo/U.S. Army)

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Majahid said the teen joined the group after he stabbed the soldier

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-soldier-while-gi-played-child/#ixzz2PH0Chbil
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/1/afghan-teen-kills-us-soldier-while-gi-played-child/

Last edited:
I think you're right. And the tragedy of it is they have cause to hate us.

I just want our men and women out there . . .
I don't know what you mean by, "want our men and women out there." Out where?

I could care less if they have good reason to hate us.
I don't believe you've given enough thought to that issue. Are you saying the concept of right vs wrong means nothing to you?

Don't you know that hate was the motivation for the 911 attack? It's also the motivation for all such terrorist attacks.

When a people have shown they are willing to sacrifice their own lives to strike at you it's smart to avoid pissing those people off. There are few things more dangerous than someone who is ready and willing to die.

I made a typo, I meant to say I want our men and women out of there, as in back home.

The guy was playing with children and get stabbed in the neck by a 16yr old:evil:

Afghan teen kills U.S. soldier while GI played with children

afghanistan_lea_s640x748.jpg

Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 25, of Philpot, Ky., was killed by an Afghan teenager who stabbing the soldier in the neck while the GI played with a group of local children, officials said on Monday, April 1, 2013. (AP Photo/U.S. Army)

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Majahid said the teen joined the group after he stabbed the soldier

Read more: Afghan teen kills U.S. soldier while GI played with children - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Afghan teen kills U.S. soldier while GI played with children - Washington Times

So the teen who killed the Soldier is still free? go figure.

Forum List

Back