The loss of American patriotism really saddens and concerns me

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've seen this first hand in Canada over decades as people found their personal cults and.stuck with them (often vocational related) and viewed those outside their orbit as "them". In a nation of "us vs them" you had Canada.

Now, I never thought it would occur in America but it clearly has, efforts from foreign nations of all stripes certainly placing their thumbs on the scale. Even well meaning "allies" have their own agenda and interests. Many of these interests are contrary to Americas Founders vision of America.

You have shredded shared values and norms, values designed to maintain and even expand an empire, protecting universal rights/rules and now replaced with groups of interests, often personal in nature. No one with an eye on the collective interests of a nation of citizens, personal gain alone replacing these tired old concepts. A nation with a history and forged ideals.

What does that mean for the average citizen? History may be a guide, how was it to live in a world before Western dominance?

Last edited:
It means one can love their country, and hate the direction government has taken it shocked one

~S~

Exactly. We have a Supreme Court trying to institute kings over elected presidents. It was kings that were able to do whatever they want, laws be damned.

The Supreme Court negated much of the Constitution. With their ruling if a president decides it's something he should do he can now spy on the people of the country.

Yes, sadly they have done that in the past also. The courts had a great opportunity to rule that the Constitutional protections and restrictions applied to all.

To be patriotic I'm supposed to just support that?

We have millions living on our streets but then routinely give away billions to help other countries fight useless stupid wars on the other side of the world?

I'm suppose to ignore the plight of millions here and support those actions to show how patriotic I am?

If so, I'm guilty according to the OP.

To be patriotic I'm supposed to just support that?

well PK, to put that in simpler terms>>>

1722251364611.png

~S~

It means one can love their country, and hate the direction government has taken it shocked one

~S~
That’s not what’s going on. It’s hatred for American and the wish to “transform” it into something else.

Do you want to transform people you love into something else?

We are arill paying the price for electing the anti-America Obama to the White House. What type of people vote for someone who attends a church where the preacher screaches “god damn America?” And worse, exposes his children to it? And has a wife who is practically 50 years old and says she was never proud of America?

And you idiots are tripling down, and electing Obama to a fourth term. He endorsed Kamala as soon as she proved she would do his bidding and throw Israel under the bus.

Do you want to transform people you love into something else?

Well, yes.

My daughter was a "problem child" in high school, barely graduated, had issues with drinking and drugs and even had a run in or two with the law.

We loved her and did not want this to be her life. Thus we helped to transform what she was into what she is now, a 29 year old making 6 figures with a future so bright we all have to wear shades.

Well, yes.

My daughter was a "problem child" in high school, barely graduated, had issues with drinking and drugs and even had a run in or two with the law.

We loved her and did not want this to be her life. Thus we helped to transform what she was into what she is now, a 29 year old making 6 figures with a future so bright we all have to wear shades.
Well, that’s the issue isn’t it. America is not a “problem” that needs fixing. Only you disgusting leftists think so.

The patriots think America is a great country that needs protecting from those who seek to turn it into something else - a 3rd world banana republic where 14 million voters are disenfranchised, those with views dissenting from the Democrat narrative are silenced, and political rivals are indicted with bogus charges and threatened with prison.

Even a harmless grandma who walked into the Capitol upon the invitation of a police officer was thrown in jail! That will show her - and everyone else - what happens to people who don’t quietly submit to the transformation.

Well, that’s the issue isn’t it. America is not a “problem” that needs fixing. Only you disgusting leftists think so.

The patriots think America is a great country that needs protecting from those who seek to turn it into something else - a 3rd world banana republic where 14 million voters are disenfranchised, those with views dissenting from the Democrat narrative are silenced, and political rivals are indicted with bogus charges and threatened with prison.

Even a harmless grandma who walked into the Capitol upon the invitation of a police officer was thrown in jail! That will show her - and everyone else - what happens to people who don’t quietly submit to the transformation.
P.S. Or, I might add, where people laugh or sale “fake news” when the truth comes out. Same the DL’s (Democrat Liars) are doing claiming Kamala as never the Border Czar.

Forum List

Back