The massive tax cut like the one in the Bush years didn’t benefit workers for a very simple reason

Corporations are already wealthier than ever before. There is no incentive for these corporations to invest in labor when it is just easier to save money on tax cuts. Meanwhile, the deficit explodes and only executives benefit.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a feduciaery responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part. do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Lower wage workers are at the mercy of the economy. While it may be easy for republicans to call them lazy, it ignores the complexity of what creates poverty. Low wage workers do not have the time or money to spend on education that would make them qualified for skilled jobs. Of course, let’s pretend ALL workers did this. Who would be left behind to fill those entry level jobs that keep any business afloat?

Well there are more jobs than "qualified" people to fill them. Fortunately dummies like you that can't even pay attention to a simple red dotted line indicating you completely misspelled
"fiduciary" (feduciaery responsibility)
Corporations are already wealthier than ever before. There is no incentive for these corporations to invest in labor when it is just easier to save money on tax cuts. Meanwhile, the deficit explodes and only executives benefit.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a feduciaery responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Lower wage workers are at the mercy of the economy. While it may be easy for republicans to call them lazy, it ignores the complexity of what creates poverty. Low wage workers do not have the time or money to spend on education that would make them qualified for skilled jobs. Of course, let’s pretend ALL workers did this. Who would be left behind to fill those entry level jobs that keep any business afloat?

View attachment 201914

View attachment 201913
won't be getting those jobs because simple following instructions i.e. LIKE A LITTLE red dotted line is trying to show you is evidently too complicated!
Okay whatever. I misspelled the word. Whatever. All this red dotted line shit you’re saying means nothing of course

But see it does!!! The devil is in the details! If you can't even pay attention to the little red-dotted line... how can you be responsible for more important issues?
I mean seriously! Don't you every follow the instructions that evidently more intelligent people do and as a result very few misspelled words by folks who just pay attention
to the little details.
Learn...

A tiny software "bug" -- three faulty computer instructions lurking among several million that modern telephone switches use to route calls -- appears to have sparked the sudden, massive failures of local telephone systems in recent weeks, the manufacturer of the equipment said yesterday.
The flaws were hidden in minor software changes that the Plano, Tex.-based company, DSC Communications Corp., provided to its telephone company customers in an effort to improve the equipment's performance. The software was sent out without major testing because DSC judged that the changes were too small to require it, DSC Vice President Frank Perpiglia said yesterday.
It was the first detailed explanation of what caused the unprecedented string of failures. In rapid sequence in June and earlier this month, local phone service in the Washington region, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Los Angeles mysteriously crashed, for as long as eight hours.
TINY 'BUG' CAUSED PHONE BLACKOUTS

Talk about the devil is in the details!
Oh ok I see. Me misspelling the word somehow means my entire argument means nothing. That’s stupid and you know it.

Ah, no, misspelling the word and ignoring spell check is what's stupid.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Then don't be a lower wage worker.

The first thing you're wrong about is your belief that corporations can pay labor whatever they like. The price of labor is determined by supply and demand.
Um no. Despite record profits, wages are way behind on inflation. It’s been like this for decades.

That's really strange because here is a chart I made and note the statistic I provided that shows that the "median wage".. has increased 5% a year for the past 26 years.
Source: Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion
View attachment 202090
I never said wages hadn’t gone up, doofus. I said they are way behind on inflation. The rate of increase doesn’t even come close as catching up.

I never said wages hadn’t gone up, doofus. I said they are way behind on inflation.

You lie.

You are calling me a liar... yet you have NO proof for what you said.

I on the other hand CHECKED before I wrote a comment: Average Annual Inflation Rate by Decade

Wages "way behind"....
Let's see... 26 year from 2018 would be...hmmm 1990...
Decade 1990 to 1999.... Inflation was 3.08%
Decade 2000 to 2009...hmmm 2.54%...hmmm
decade 2010 to 2015 ...1.8%
See any decade at 5%????
Now nowhere in the past 26 years has inflation been greater than 5% which is what my statement from the Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion stated.
WHERE is YOUR proof?

I just wish you'd put some little energy in validating your comments... save me a lot of time in having to PROVE YOU WRONG!! AGAIN. AND AGAIN!!!

View attachment 202106

upload_2018-6-30_22-42-55.png

upload_2018-6-30_22-44-16.png

Who are you talking to?

Um no. Despite record profits, wages are way behind on inflation. It’s been like this for decades.

That's really strange because here is a chart I made and note the statistic I provided that shows that the "median wage".. has increased 5% a year for the past 26 years.
View attachment 202090
I never said wages hadn’t gone up, doofus. I said they are way behind on inflation. The rate of increase doesn’t even come close as catching up.

I never said wages hadn’t gone up, doofus. I said they are way behind on inflation.

You lie.

I on the other hand CHECKED before I wrote a comment: Average Annual Inflation Rate by Decade

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
Now nowhere in the past 26 years has inflation been greater than 5% which is what my statement from the Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion stated.
WHERE is YOUR proof?

I just wish you'd put some little energy in validating your comments... save me a lot of time in having to PROVE YOU WRONG!! AGAIN. AND AGAIN!!!

View attachment 202106
If the US minimum wage had kept up with the economy, many low-wage earners could earn double what they're making now

If the minimum wage was kept up with inflation, it would be double what it is now.

For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades | Pew Research Center

“But after adjusting for inflation, today’s average hourly wage has just about the same purchasing power as it did in 1979, following a long slide in the 1980s and early 1990s and bumpy, inconsistent growth since then. In fact, in real terms the average wage peaked more than 40 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 has the same purchasing power as $22.41 would today.”

If the US minimum wage had kept up with the economy, many low-wage earners could earn double what they're making now

If the minimum wage was kept up with inflation, it would be double what it is now.

You misread your own link? That probably explains why your wages can't keep up with inflation.

You're a moron.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Results show anti-white bias.

Thanks for showing everyone that you're an economic ignoramous. Idiocies like the stuff you posted in your OP should make everyone pause before they consider voting for a Democrat.
You just can’t explain how I am wrong.
The first thing you're wrong about is your belief that corporations can pay labor whatever they like. The price of labor is determined by supply and demand.
Only an economic ignoramous believes wages are the result of profits. Wages are the result of the supply and demand for labor. Democrat politicans have been flooding this country with low-wage labor from third world countries. Hence the supply is greatly increased and the price has gone way down as a result.

You keep insisting on demonstrating your ignorance of economics. Keep it up. You're only helping Trump.
Lol so you think anyone making minimum wage or a wage barely above that is illegal? Illegal immigrants take jobs that pay peanuts.

They take plenyof good paying jobs in construction and transportation, fool. Furthermore, legal immigrants from India take pleny of good paying STEM jobs.

You just can’t explain how I am wrong.

View attachment 202090

You lie.

YOU said "wages are way behind on inflation"

Where are your facts because the LINKS?

A) Fact the Minimum wage in Apr 1, 1990 $3.80 for all covered, nonexempt workers Minimum Wage - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor

B) Fact: I have come from CPI Inflation Calculator

C) Fact: Median salary in 1990 $20,172 Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion
Median salary in 2018 has same by buying power as $39,835 did in 1990... which is according to Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion
the Median salary in 2018 is $46,640... which is $6,805 MORE than the INFLATION calculator shows needed to buy in 1990!
In other words.. Median salaries have exceeded INFLATION for the past 26 years by over 17%!
So where did YOU come up with this statement:"wages are way behind on inflation" when in FACT Median salaries are 17% above inflation rates which again have averaged
since 1990

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 7.18.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 7.13.41 AM.png

View attachment 202090

You lie.

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
WHERE is YOUR proof?

View attachment 202106

For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades | Pew Research Center

“But after adjusting for inflation, today’s average hourly wage has just about the same purchasing power as it did in 1979, following a long slide in the 1980s and early 1990s and bumpy, inconsistent growth since then. In fact, in real terms the average wage peaked more than 40 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 has the same purchasing power as $22.41 would today.”

Using the Inflation calculator... CPI Inflation Calculator
And adjusting for Jimmy Carter's aberrant inflation rate that hit 14.8% in March 1980...

Historical Inflation Rates: 1914-2018
The hourly wage in 1973 of $4.03 would be $7.58 in 1980.
So exactly what is the hourly rate needed to buy equal to $4.03 in 1973 dollars in 2018 dollars? $23.42.

Now what is the average hourly rate in the USA in May 2018?
Answer: Total private average hourly rate is: $26.92
Source:Table B-3. Average hourly and weekly earnings of all employees on private nonfarm payrolls by industry sector, seasonally adjusted

Again ahead of inflation which would have been $23.42...
This means the 2018 average total private pay is 14% higher than what the inflation calculator indicates i.e. purchasing power of $4.03 in 2018 dollars of $23.42.

These are the facts.

View attachment 202090

You lie.

A) Fact the Minimum wage in Apr 1, 1990 $3.80 for all covered, nonexempt workers Minimum Wage - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor

C) Fact: Median salary in 1990 $20,172 Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion
Median salary in 2018 has same by buying power as $39,835 did in 1990... which is according to Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion
the Median salary in 2018 is $46,640... which is $6,805 MORE than the INFLATION calculator shows needed to buy in 1990!
In other words.. Median salaries have exceeded INFLATION for the past 26 years by over 17%!
So where did YOU come up with this statement:"wages are way behind on inflation" when in FACT Median salaries are 17% above inflation rates which again have averaged
since 1990

View attachment 202144

View attachment 202143

No I didn't.

View attachment 202090

You lie.

since 1990

View attachment 202144

View attachment 202143

No I didn't.

Sorry about that as the chain of who said what was not clear to me and I should have read closer.
I apologize!

View attachment 202090

You lie.

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
WHERE is YOUR proof?

View attachment 202106

And adjusting for Jimmy Carter's aberrant inflation rate that hit 14.8% in March 1980...

So exactly what is the hourly rate needed to buy equal to $4.03 in 1973 dollars in 2018 dollars? $23.42.

Source:Table B-3. Average hourly and weekly earnings of all employees on private nonfarm payrolls by industry sector, seasonally adjusted

This means the 2018 average total private pay is 14% higher than what the inflation calculator indicates i.e. purchasing power of $4.03 in 2018 dollars of $23.42.

These are the facts.
Lol apparently you don’t understand how basic math works. Computing the average wage makes no sense given the extremes of wages on both ends of the spectrum. If youre making 120k per year, you are part of a small minority of workers while most workers on the other end of the spectrum make less than 20 per hour. This completely skews the number. How many people make what wage range matters.

Last edited:

You lie.

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
WHERE is YOUR proof?

View attachment 202106

These are the facts.
Lol apparently you don’t understand how basic math works. Computing the average wage makes no sense given the extremes of wages on both ends of the spectrum. If youre making 120k per year, you are part of a small minority of workers while most workers on the other end of the spectrum make less than 20 per hour. This completely skews the number. How many people make what wage range matters.

Computing the average wage makes no sense given the extremes of wages on both ends of the spectrum.

Do you think median makes sense?
Everyone who works 10 hours a week is included, that skews the median down.
Is that helpful?

You lie.

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
WHERE is YOUR proof?

View attachment 202106

These are the facts.

Computing the average wage makes no sense given the extremes of wages on both ends of the spectrum.

Do you think median makes sense?
Everyone who works 10 hours a week is included, that skews the median down.
Is that helpful?
It wouldn’t matter because most people who work 40 per week make less than 50k per year.

The optimal minimum wage is the one the people are willing to do the job for. It's not some arbitrary number decided by the government.

The optimal minimum wage is the one the people are willing to do the job for. It's not some arbitrary number decided by the government.
It needs to be decided by the government if the private market fails to provide quality of life for millions of workers. No one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty.

You do realize you actually have to have a job in order to pay lower taxes right?
Wrong!
47% already pay no income taxes, so an income tax cut gives them ZERO benefit. A payroll tax cut would benefit ALL workers, which is why the Right never support payroll tax cuts.

So what you are saying is you want to kill Social Security? Ironic
No, I'm saying there is no SS "lock box" so if the Right actually wanted to give a tax cut to ALL workers, they would have cut the payroll tax and not the income tax.

Thus putting Social Security, which is already in danger, in further jeopardy. Then you would be bitching and criticizing them for that instead
There is no "lock box" for SS so it would be in the exact same "jeopardy" as it is in now if you simply replace the Bush tax cuts and the Tramp tax cuts DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR with cuts in payroll taxes. The Right will never do it because it WILL actually be a tax cut that promotes JOB growth and destroy their lie that cutting taxes on the wealthy creates jobs. Payroll taxes are job killers.

Cutting payroll taxes would give the American wage earner an immediate increase in take home pay to spend on a regular basis without costing the employer a single penny thus stimulating demand, and the businesses that employ Americans would have an immediate cut in the cost of labor without downsizing or outsourcing a single American job as well as saving the cost of compliance. The businesses that employ the most AMERICANS will get the most benefit from the tax cuts, exactly the group of people you would want to benefit most from tax cuts.

It needs to be decided by the government if the private market fails to provide quality of life for millions of workers. No one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty.

If the wage wasn't enough the jobs wouldn't get filled. It's quite simple.

If the wage wasn't enough the jobs wouldn't get filled. It's quite simple.
Absolutely false. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher paying jobs. Millions of people have no choice but to accept shitty wages.

You lie.

Wages "way behind"....
See any decade at 5%????
WHERE is YOUR proof?

View attachment 202106

These are the facts.

Who's talking about $120k/year?

I gave you the facts as it comes from the people that keep track of inflation/wages/salaries..
Did you not verify what I was linking too? I would have.
Again... Average hourly wage in 1973 was $4.03. Today it is $26.92 which is 14% higher than what inflation would have it... and you said it wasn't keeping pace.
It was exceeding inflation!
And these aren't a small minority of workers.
Fact is LESS than 3 million workers make minimum wage and half of them are age 16 -24. Want the facts?
Among those paid by the hour, 870,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.7 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 2.6 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 3.3 percent of all hourly paid workers.
Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2015 : BLS Reports: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Please do a little research as I do before you make ASSUMPTiONS!

Forum List

Back