The most morbid country songs

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The top of the list has to go to George Jones 1980 hit "He stopped loving her today". Spoiler alert he died. "I went to see him yesterday but I didn't see no tears"> all dressed up to go away, first time I seen him smile in years". Garth Brooks "Beaches of Cheyanne" about a bull rider tragedy and a suicide ranks up there too.

"My Wife Ran Off with a Black Guy" by David Allen Coe.

Good luck finding that one of Youtube.

The top of the list has to go to George Jones 1980 hit "He stopped loving her today". Spoiler alert he died. "I went to see him yesterday but I didn't see no tears"> all dressed up to go away, first time I seen him smile in years". Garth Brooks "Beaches of Cheyanne" about a bull rider tragedy and a suicide ranks up there too.
not country- but really morbid. Did i cheer you up yet?

What do you get when you play Country Music backwards?

You get your girl back. You get your truck back. You get your dog back.

Another old pop song Teen Angel 1960 Mark Denning. "The car was stalled on the railroad track >we got out but you went running back".

Talk about morbid and sad country songs; they don't get any sadder than this, not even close

Last edited:

Forum List

Back