🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The mouse sues DeSantis & board

Disney exerts lots of influence on America so it’s an important situation to look at.

The problem is one of picking your battles. As has been pointed out before. Disney employs a lot of people and pays a hell of a lot of money in taxes to Florida. That means that Florida can’t afford to win if Disney pulls out. A victory that cuts almost a tenth of the Florida Economy out of the state is not good for Florida or Floridians.

So the old saying about cutting your nose off comes to mind. It means don’t do something that makes it worse for you just to get them. It’s like one of those Die Hard Movies where Bruce Willis shot the baddie through himself.

But that seems to be the current operating principle for Republicans. Let’s take another. Bud Light. More than 70% of the donations to Politicians and PAC’s from the company and employees go to Republicans. It would be hard to imagine a more adamant group of supporters. But if The Social Warriors get their way, a lot of people will be out of work. Do you think they’ll blame those damned Trans people? Do you think they’ll blame Democrats? Or do you think they’ll blame the Conservatives?

If you wonder let’s look at another example. Vietnam. The troops who came home blamed the Liberals and became a hardcore group of people whom overwhelmingly supported Conservatives. The protests managed to help end the war and create a generation of voters who wouldn’t back Liberals.

When you screw with your own supporters do you think they’ll remain your supporters?

Actually under the agreement Disney was paying for pretty much everything. Police, Fire, roads, sewage. All of it was covered by Disney’s property taxes which were twice as high as anyone else in Florida. If they got special considerations they paid for it through the nose.

Their Millage Rate was double what anyone else pays. When DeSantis realized the taxpayers of the State would have to step in and maintain everything because the higher millage rate was now absent he talked of making the roads toll.
It is amazing that you stupid Moon Bats support a filthy ass mega corporation that demands to be its own government and has a record of massive pollution and destruction of wetlands, waterways and wildlife.

Didn't they teach you in Commie School to hate Corporations?

Of course that doesn't apply to Hollywood Limousine Liberal Corporations that contribute to the filthy Democrat Party and groom children to be queers and trannies and then brag about it, does it?

There never should have been the self governing deal in the first place. They never should have got away with it for over 50 years.

I would have applauded a Democrat Governor that would have wanted to end the deal.

The only reason you stupid Moon Bats are against making it a level playing field is that you are all mentally ill with DeSantis Derangement Syndrome.

It is amazing that you stupid Moon Bats support a filthy ass mega corporation that demands to be its own government and has a record of massive pollution and destruction of wetlands, waterways and wildlife.

Didn't they teach you in Commie School to hate Corporations?

Of course that doesn't apply to Hollywood Limousine Liberal Corporations that contribute to the filthy Democrat Party and groom children to be queers and trannies and then brag about it, does it?

There never should have been the self governing deal in the first place. They never should have got away with it for over 50 years.

I would have applauded a Democrat Governor that would have wanted to end the deal.

The only reason you stupid Moon Bats are against making it a level playing field is that you are all mentally ill with DeSantis Derangement Syndrome.

Actually I am a slightly right of center Moderate. But of course anyone who isn’t to the right of the Kaiser is a filthy liberal.

DeSantis didn’t give a shit if Disney was self governing. He didn’t give a shit about anything you mentioned. He got his back up when they spoke out in opposition to the idiotic Don’t Say Gay Law. He decided hammering Disney was a way to get the small minded knee jerk Conservatives on his bandwagon.

But let’s be honest for a moment. If DeSantis wanted to make Disney equal he would have declared that they had to answer to the local counties. He would have gotten rid of the special district entirely. But he didn’t. He wanted to reward his hard core supporters and placate the small minded who barely read headlines. So he cut out the local Counties for his hand picked Goons to teach Disney a lesson.

That wasn’t done to stop Disney from doing all that you complain about. That was done to control the content and public statements of Disney. The Board declared themselves the end all be all for all decisions. Cutting the Counties out entirely. So pretending that this is about establishing Government control over Disney is just bullshit. It is about Revenge and that was never part of the Conservative movement.

Reagan stove to take hurdles from Business. Conservatives have always argued that it is good for the Country when Corporations succeed and flourish. Now of course the current crop of Conservatives isn’t about Core Beliefs or Principles. It’s about opposing anything they are for. The They is always changing. They are always awful though.

This isn’t Conservative. It is Authoritarian. And that was opposed by Conservatives for all my life.

People complain about their First Amendment Rights all the time

I got fired for speaking my mind
They boycotted that business for their speech

But the First Amendment only applies to Government
”Congress shall pass no laws”

Disney has a legitimate First Amendment complaint. Government is passing laws in retaliation for Disneys free speech

Talk about a political death knell! Desantis wants to govern America, and he can't even beat a mouse. Hilarious!
I think that end run Disney pulled right in plain sight, transferring all of Reedy Creek's power to the corporation, coming as a complete surprise to DeSantis, will mark the end of his career. I can't imagine how he will survive a contest against anyone with that sort of ammunition to use to paint him as a petty and incompetent fascistic opponent of the First Amendment.

I think that end run Disney pulled right in plain sight, transferring all of Reedy Creek's power to the corporation, coming as a complete surprise to DeSantis, will mark the end of his career. I can't imagine how he will survive a contest against anyone with that sort of ammunition to use to paint him as a petty and incompetent fascistic opponent of the First Amendment.
His incompetency is a blessing. This is bad government. We should all hope he fails, regardless of what we think of Disney.

Forum List

Back