"The Netherlands is working with partners on options for supplying Ukraine with F-16 fighters, there is no taboo in this matter," Prime Minister Mark

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
Just send to Ukraine all what they need !!! , i’ll gladly pay a little bit more tax. Slava Ukrainie !

If Ukraine will be preserved as a sovereign nation in any meaningful form, the supply of Western jets is just a matter of time. It is as clear as a day.

already have done , + many our pilots want to fight Moscow rapists
ps

The Netherlands have been training Ukrainians all this time? ... there's more than yawl, roll and spin to flying a combat ready F-16 ... color me surprised if Netherlands even has a training program, sending their own pilot trainees to the USA ...

NATO and the former Soviets use different equipment ... it's not just the airplane, it's ammo and tires and maintenance manuals and all the zillions of things it takes to operate these advanced weapons systems ... do the Ukrainians have all this NATO equipment already ... or do they rely on the old Soviet stuff the Russian Federation has been supplying? ...

Just get them better drones ... off-the-shelf stuff that doesn't need a mess of military infrastructure to be effective ... c'mon ... I'm going to watch the Russian Military Appreciation day celebration and laugh at the hole on top the Senate Building ... too funny ...

How many years to train the pilots? ... do you fly airplanes, it's not as easy as it looks
Transitioning from a MiG-29 to an F-16 would take 37 weeks (B-course) if they follow the US training schedule. That would give a pilot a wingman qualification on the Viper.

There are Ukrainian pilots who already fly western aircraft- they've already demonstrated they can transition to western avionics styles without a complete do-over. The Pentagon and AFU say they can compress the training to 6 months, since some of it is repetition.

The maintainers and support infrastructure is a larger issue than pilots. There is already a list of F-16 pilots ready to go to Ukraine as contractors.

Transitioning from a MiG-29 to an F-16 would take 37 weeks (B-course) if they follow the US training schedule. That would give a pilot a wingman qualification on the Viper.

There are Ukrainian pilots who already fly western aircraft- they've already demonstrated they can transition to western avionics styles without a complete do-over. The Pentagon and AFU say they can compress the training to 6 months, since some of it is repetition.

The maintainers and support infrastructure is a larger issue than pilots. There is already a list of F-16 pilots ready to go to Ukraine as contractors.
I can say more. There is a plenty of Germans, who want to "demonstrate force once again"
IMG_20230504_200052_610.jpg

But some of them ask what does it mean "again"?
IMG_20230505_004627_728.jpg

Previous time wasn't really successful, was it?

People paid attention to the tanks heading to Ukraine and the soldiers who trained abroad....but little notice went to the maintenance staff which trained for twice as long as the soldiers did. 6 months for soldiers but a full year for the maintenance crew. And that was just tanks, Bradleys and other weapon system equipment.

Yes the NATO equipment is better and does more PLUS quoordinates well with others. But it requires a LOT more maintenance and repair knowledge base to repair.

Tooth to tail ratios for the NATO armed services are 5:3. Not 5:1. Because of the equipment. It's not multi disciplined tooth like Russia has because it doesn't work. One guy gets killed or injured and now nobody knows how to aim the Tank's gun correctly.

There's a team of people who work on a single F-16. One guy does only communications....because it's too much otherwise to know and understand. He knows nothing of turbofan engines or avionics....he just understands the communications. This isn't a car....it's a highly complicated weapon system that takes a long time to understand how to use and even longer to repair and maintain.

Even here in the USA if you destroy your F-16 in a training accident you aren't going to get another....it takes congressional approval to get another. So your flying career is over....the 2 crews are dispersed and goes on to civilian life working at airports across the country. (2 separate teams are currently assigned to each F-16 because there aren't enough to go around)

People paid attention to the tanks heading to Ukraine and the soldiers who trained abroad....but little notice went to the maintenance staff which trained for twice as long as the soldiers did. 6 months for soldiers but a full year for the maintenance crew. And that was just tanks, Bradleys and other weapon system equipment.

Yes the NATO equipment is better and does more PLUS quoordinates well with others. But it requires a LOT more maintenance and repair knowledge base to repair.

Tooth to tail ratios for the NATO armed services are 5:3. Not 5:1. Because of the equipment. It's not multi disciplined tooth like Russia has because it doesn't work. One guy gets killed or injured and now nobody knows how to aim the Tank's gun correctly.

There's a team of people who work on a single F-16. One guy does only communications....because it's too much otherwise to know and understand. He knows nothing of turbofan engines or avionics....he just understands the communications. This isn't a car....it's a highly complicated weapon system that takes a long time to understand how to use and even longer to repair and maintain.

Even here in the USA if you destroy your F-16 in a training accident you aren't going to get another....it takes congressional approval to get another. So your flying career is over....the 2 crews are dispersed and goes on to civilian life working at airports across the country. (2 separate teams are currently assigned to each F-16 because there aren't enough to go around)

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry ... clearly I don't know what I'm talking about ... WHAT AN IDIOT I AM ...

... but I was right about them F-16 tires ... right ? ...

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry ... clearly I don't know what I'm talking about ... WHAT AN IDIOT I AM ...

... but I was right about them F-16 tires ... right ? ...
I wasn't busting on you....just trying to be informative. A former wife of mine had a son by a previous marriage who did communications for Blackhawk iterations....he literally wrote the book. He went from the military to private contractors and when they gave him security tests he would give the answer's letter before they finished the question. They asked him if he had been given this test before. His reply was "nope" and no further questions asked they continued. (He wrote the test they were giving) Very smart guy. He was a definite smartass but still very brilliant. Of course I really liked him. I wanted to keep him after the divorce. But you know....

Forum List

Back