Zone1 The New Nature

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
I Corinthians 6:9-11 (CSB) Paul's admonition to the Church of Corinth
"Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit G-d's Kingdom? Do not be deceived. No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or males who have sex with males, no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit G-d's Kingdom. And some of you used to be like this. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the mane of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our G-d".

This basically puts the "born this way" fallacy to rest. Our old, unregenerate nature gives in to the temptations of sin and binds us into that prison or as the old Skynrd song states "Lord help me I can't change", which is essentially correct. We cannot change without G-d and with Him, we can BE changed.
But it comes at a cost to us. We have to be willing to repent or turn away from our lusts, passions, sins and turn to the Cross.

I would dare say that as Christians, we are far from perfect, but we do recognize that we battle with the sin in us and as we submit to G-d, those battles will be won.

I would dare say that as Christians, we are far from perfect, but we do recognize that we battle with the sin in us and as we submit to G-d, those battles will be won.

mr big isn't doing anything for you - either solve your problems yourself or perish - and stop trying to take other people with you.

This basically puts the "born this way" fallacy to rest. Our old, unregenerate nature gives in to the temptations of sin and binds us into that prison or as the old Skynrd song states "Lord help me I can't change", which is essentially correct. We cannot change without G-d and with Him, we can BE changed.
But it comes at a cost to us. We have to be willing to repent or turn away from our lusts, passions, sins and turn to the Cross.

A Catholic mystic who lived in the early 1900s wrote a prayer that means so much to me I condensed it into a few lines I am able to easily call to mind during each day, especially when the going is rough.

O my God, Trinity...help me to forget myself to establish myself in you. Grant my soul peace. Make it your heaven, your beloved dwelling, and the place of your rest. May I never abandon you there, but may I be there, whole and complete...wholly given over to your creative action.

I agree with you that we can be changed, or perhaps more specifically, how we face and react to the vexations of everyday life.

Forum List

Back