🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The new role for impeachment going forward

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Now that the bar has been set so low that it's nearly touching the floor we can expect to see the circus again and again as political parties look for new and better ways to express their displeasure with the opposition. I always thought the Clinton impeachment was a farce even though I was no fan of Bill Clinton. Back then it was really all about moral turpitude and anyone with a brain knew that it was The Republicans merely posturing for political gain. I didn't like the image of Clinton banging an intern on the White House desk but failed to see what it had to do with his ability to be a president. Surely far more vile things have been done in that office such that we will never be told about. From here on out expect to see the impeachment gun get drawn out of its holster every time a president drops a bubble gum wrapper and forgets to pick it up.

Jo

Last edited:
I doubt it’ll happen that way.

What Trump did was really bad. It was really stupid. That’s what you get when you elect an idiot with no experience. I doubt that someone as clueless as him will be elected again.

What Trump did was really bad. It was really stupid. That’s what you get when you elect an idiot with no experience. I doubt that someone as clueless as him will be elected again.
They can find anything. And Repubs will on the next Prog elected President if they control the House. Repubs learn from Progs. McConnell learned from Harry Reid. You are fortunate his heart is not as dark as Reid's is.

Asking for an investigation into corruption is now defined as "really bad"? Why exactly? Because it embarrassed Joe Biden? To be blunt, Colfax...Joe Biden DESERVES to be embarrassed! His son cashed in on the family name. Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe. It's sleazy if not illegal. It's not the kind of thing you want a prospective President engaged in! Joe Biden SHOULD have been savvy enough to know that! Then again...Joe's not the sharpest tool in the shed! Never has been.

Trump did nothing he didn't have every right to do.... and you're completely wrong about how it will happen. Right now the Republicans are using the Reid rule to steamroll through huge volumes of conservative Judiciary appointments ... something they learned from the Democrats. How they will use impeachment going forward will probably be horrifying.

Jo

Last edited:

Ukraine joe was all good though, extorting ukraine, using his vp name to get his druggie son a cush job, all while his boss was covertly using the cia to overthrow a govt. Alrighty.

Honestly, I don’t believe the Johnson/Clinton/Trump road is the way those of us on the Right should react the next tie a Leftist is elected. We need a far more meaningful reaction....

I propose The Lincoln/Garfield/McKinley/Kennedy Option.

if you’re gonna try to remove a legitimately elected POTUS from office, at least have the balls to do it all the way.

Last edited:

Ukraine joe was all good though, extorting ukraine, using his vp name to get his druggie son a cush job, all while his boss was covertly using the cia to overthrow a govt. Alrighty.

What you’ve described is a fantasy.

No, that's reality.

Trump did nothing he didn't have every right to do.... and you're completely wrong about how it will happen. Right now the Republicans are using the Reid rule steamroll through huge volumes of conservative Judiciary appointments ... something they learned from the Democrats. How they will use impeachment going forward will probably be horrifying.

Jo

Cool. So since we’re talking about precedent, the president now has the authority to cajole countries to investigate their political rivals. That’s going to be plenty horrifying by itseld.

No, that's reality.
Not by any stretch of the word. What you’ve described is refuted by volumes of testimony and evidence. It’s just a fantasy perpetuated by the desperate Trump base to justify his very stupid actions.

What is really bad and really stupid about wanting to get to the bottom of clear corruption perpetrated by the previous administration and Vice President? "Getting dirt on a political opponent" was an invention by Schiff and his Whistleblower to manufacture the last gasp attempt to take down a duly elected President.

Trump did nothing he didn't have every right to do.... and you're completely wrong about how it will happen. Right now the Republicans are using the Reid rule steamroll through huge volumes of conservative Judiciary appointments ... something they learned from the Democrats. How they will use impeachment going forward will probably be horrifying.

Jo

Cool. So since we’re talking about precedent, the president now has the authority to cajole countries to investigate their political rivals. That’s going to be plenty horrifying by itseld.

There's definitely some gray area there I must agree however simply running for president should not be used as a shield against investigation of a criminal activity such as was definitely present with Biden and his son.

Jo

Asking for an investigation into corruption is now defined as "really bad"? Why exactly? Because it embarrassed Joe Biden? To be blunt, Colfax...Joe Biden DESERVES to be embarrassed! His son cashed in on the family name. Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe. It's sleazy if not illegal. It's not the kind of thing you want a prospective President engaged in! Joe Biden SHOULD have been savvy enough to know that! Then again...Joe's not the sharpest tool in the shed! Never has been.

Asking for an investigation where there is no evidence of corruption is really bad and you all know it.

Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe.

If there was the slightest bit of evidence that actually happened, Trump wouldn’t have to be going through his private scumbag lawyer, corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and corrupt Ukrainians prosecutors.

Honestly, I don’t believe the Johnson/Clinton/Trump road is the way those of us on the Right should react the next tie a Leftist is elected. We need a far more meaningful reaction....

I propose The Lincoln/Garfield/McKinley/Kennedy Option.

if you’re gonna try to remove a legitimately elected POTUS from office, at least have the balls to do it all the way.

YES!
Do it like the Imperial Romans, when they got miffed at the Emperor they wacked him; sends a GREAT message to the next guy in line for the throne.

You nailed it.

Jo

You nailed it.

Jo
It’s spin to the highest degree. Trump was acting on his own interests and nothing more.

Asking for an investigation where there is no evidence of corruption is really bad and you all know it.

Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe.

If there was the slightest bit of evidence that actually happened, Trump wouldn’t have to be going through his private scumbag lawyer, corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and corrupt Ukrainians prosecutors.

"Impeach that mother******" was all the evidence libs wanted. Evidence be damned.

Now that the bar has been set so low that it's nearly touching the floor we can expect to see the circus again and again as political parties look for new and better ways to express their displeasure with the opposition. I always thought the Clinton impeachment was a farce even though I was no fan of Bill Clinton. Back then it was really all about moral turpitude and anyone with a brain knew that it was The Republicans merely posturing for political gain. I didn't like the image of Clinton banging an intern on the White House desk but failed to see what it had to do with his ability to be a president. Surely far more vile things have been done in that office such that we will never be told about. From here on out expect to see the impeachment gun get drawn out of its holster every time a president drops a bubble gum wrapper and forgets to pick it up.

Jo
Welcome to The Reality America Show, we all knew what we were getting.

You nailed it.

Jo
It’s spin to the highest degree. Trump was acting on his own interests and nothing more.
Same as it ever was and everyone knows, it just doesn't matter. That's America.

Forum List

Back