🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The new role for impeachment going forward

I doubt it’ll happen that way.

What Trump did was really bad. It was really stupid. That’s what you get when you elect an idiot with no experience. I doubt that someone as clueless as him will be elected again.
Asking for an investigation into corruption is now defined as "really bad"? Why exactly? Because it embarrassed Joe Biden? To be blunt, Colfax...Joe Biden DESERVES to be embarrassed! His son cashed in on the family name. Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe. It's sleazy if not illegal. It's not the kind of thing you want a prospective President engaged in! Joe Biden SHOULD have been savvy enough to know that! Then again...Joe's not the sharpest tool in the shed! Never has been.

You nailed it.

Jo
It’s spin to the highest degree. Trump was acting on his own interests and nothing more.

You have a right to your opinion but it's meaningless legally. That's why for the same reason the articles of impeachment are not tenable and will not hold.

Jo

What Trump did was really bad. It was really stupid. That’s what you get when you elect an idiot with no experience. I doubt that someone as clueless as him will be elected again.
And he is still smarter than any retarded demoncrap. Impeaching him on hearsay and lies doesn't make him a thug like obuthole and Hillary.

Asking for an investigation into corruption is now defined as "really bad"? Why exactly? Because it embarrassed Joe Biden? To be blunt, Colfax...Joe Biden DESERVES to be embarrassed! His son cashed in on the family name. Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe. It's sleazy if not illegal. It's not the kind of thing you want a prospective President engaged in! Joe Biden SHOULD have been savvy enough to know that! Then again...Joe's not the sharpest tool in the shed! Never has been.

Asking for an investigation where there is no evidence of corruption is really bad and you all know it.

Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe.

If there was the slightest bit of evidence that actually happened, Trump wouldn’t have to be going through his private scumbag lawyer, corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and corrupt Ukrainians prosecutors.

"Impeach that mother******" was all the evidence libs wanted. Evidence be damned.

Yeah they were talking about impeachment long before they talked about any reason for doing it. Somebody knew that you really don't need a crime to impeach a president all you need is a Congress that doesn't like him. There are no requirements in the Constitution that the president must commit a crime before he is impeached. This is the first time however impeachment has been used so carelessly. It certainly is the beginning of a trend that cannot have a good end.

Jo

You nailed it.

Jo
It’s spin to the highest degree. Trump was acting on his own interests and nothing more.

You have a right to your opinion but it's meaningless legally. That's why for the same reason the articles of impeachment are not tenable and will not hold.

Jo

As is your opinion, legally speaking. But the evidence of Trump’s corruption is far, far greater than Biden’s.

Now that the bar has been set so low that it's nearly touching the floor we can expect to see the circus again and again as political parties look for new and better ways to express their displeasure with the opposition. I always thought the Clinton impeachment was a farce even though I was no fan of Bill Clinton. Back then it was really all about moral turpitude and anyone with a brain knew that it was The Republicans merely posturing for political gain. I didn't like the image of Clinton banging an intern on the White House desk but failed to see what it had to do with his ability to be a president. Surely far more vile things have been done in that office such that we will never be told about. From here on out expect to see the impeachment gun get drawn out of its holster every time a president drops a bubble gum wrapper and forgets to pick it up.

Jo
Yep.

The first order of business for the House with an opposition president is to impeach for no real reason, just to get that "impeached" moniker attached.

There should never be another president who is NOT impeached.

You nailed it.

Jo

Jo

As is your opinion, legally speaking. But the evidence of Trump’s corruption is far, far greater than Biden’s.
Seems like they would present that evidence for the world (and the Senate) to see. They would be able to make it look so bad that the Senate would be FORCED to remove Trump, just to save face.

It doesn't appear to be the case here.

:dunno:

You nailed it.

Jo

Jo

Seems like they would present that evidence for the world (and the Senate) to see. They would be able to make it look so bad that the Senate would be FORCED to remove Trump, just to save face.

It already looks bad. It would look worse if Trump weren’t obstructing the presentation of further evidence.

You nailed it.

Jo

Jo

It already looks bad. It would look worse if Trump weren’t obstructing the presentation of further evidence.
You mean if he was not asserting privilege?

Asking for an investigation where there is no evidence of corruption is really bad and you all know it.

Foreign entities paid him millions of dollars. For what exactly? It's obvious they thought they were buying influence with Joe.

If there was the slightest bit of evidence that actually happened, Trump wouldn’t have to be going through his private scumbag lawyer, corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and corrupt Ukrainians prosecutors.

No evidence of corruption? That's amusing, Colfax. There is a hell of lot more evidence of corruption with the Biden's than there EVER was with Trump!

Now that the bar has been set so low that it's nearly touching the floor we can expect to see the circus again and again as political parties look for new and better ways to express their displeasure with the opposition. I always thought the Clinton impeachment was a farce even though I was no fan of Bill Clinton. Back then it was really all about moral turpitude and anyone with a brain knew that it was The Republicans merely posturing for political gain. I didn't like the image of Clinton banging an intern on the White House desk but failed to see what it had to do with his ability to be a president. Surely far more vile things have been done in that office such that we will never be told about. From here on out expect to see the impeachment gun get drawn out of its holster every time a president drops a bubble gum wrapper and forgets to pick it up.
Jo
FINE except for a couple of things:
  1. Clinton was impeached for actual crimes of lying to a grand jury and for using his position to force others to lie for him as well. Those are crimes.
  2. I don't know that any worse has ever been done in the Oval Office (do you?) but the fact that Clinton would do that, to an intern, in the Oval Office, speaks volumes about his lack of judgement and character in leading this country.

Are you claiming that Hunter Biden WASN'T paid that money? Really? Going with the "big lie", Colfax?

Soooooooo you're talking about the Phony dossier here? Investigating without evidence? Do you realize what you just posted?

Jo

Are you claiming that Hunter Biden WASN'T paid that money? Really? Going with the "big lie", Colfax?

Never mind that one look at what he posted beneath it..... complaining about not having sufficient evidence for investigating.....lol.....omg do any of these people own mirrors????

Jo

YES!
Do it like the Imperial Romans, when they got miffed at the Emperor they wacked him; sends a GREAT message to the next guy in line for the throne.

Let’s call it an extra incentive to get it right the first time.

Its already started.... this phoney scam of an impeachment is nothing less than a political assassination and it will be repeated many times from here on out.

Jo

NO impeachment Just step down
Democratic Coalition co-founder Scott Dworkin says President Donald Trump can stop impeachment proceedings by simply resigning.

And he said if Trump tweeted out his resignation, it would be "the most shared tweet of all time."

Dworkin's goading came Tuesday in a tweet of his own.

He wrote: "@realDonaldTrump-You can still stop your impeachment from happening. All you have to do is resign. And I bet if you tweeted out your resignation, it would be the most shared tweet of all time. Wouldn't that be worth it? Think of all the retweets and likes. Do it."

Jo
  1. Clinton was impeached for actual crimes of lying to a grand jury and for using his position to force others to lie for him as well. Those are crimes.
  2. I don't know that any worse has ever been done in the Oval Office (do you?) but the fact that Clinton would do that, to an intern, in the Oval Office, speaks volumes about his lack of judgement and character in leading this country.
Oh good Heavens yes worse has been done in the oval office. If I'm not mistaken Harding had a secret draw built into the Oval Office desk from which he could withdraw bribe money during meetings..... several of the past presidents were wretched, drunken reprobates..... I'm not defending Clinton I just think that a censure would have been fine in his case.

Jo

Jo
Oh good Heavens yes worse has been done in the oval office. If I'm not mistaken Harding had a secret draw built into the Oval Office desk from which he could withdraw bribe money during meetings..... several of the past presidents were wretched, drunken reprobates..... I'm not defending Clinton I just think that a censure would have been fine in his case.

Jo

I agree...if he had not lied under oath. He did.

Its already started.... this phoney scam of an impeachment is nothing less than a political assassination and it will be repeated many times from here on out.

Jo

Political character assassination is really irrelevant. Most citizens do t believe their elected officials have any character or morals to begin with.

It will only be when there is a direct, personal consequence that things may start to change.

Jo

Political character assassination is really irrelevant. Most citizens do t believe their elected officials have any character or morals to begin with.

It will only be when there is a direct, personal consequence that things may start to change.

Yes....human nature is remarkably
Consistent. Wrongdoing ALWAYS GROWS to fill its container.

Jo

Last edited:

Forum List

Back