The new Roseanne show has her a Trump Supporter, Tim Allen's show did this first, and got canceled..

I wouldn't really say they are conservative though. The old show didn't seem to be very political, but I barely remember it. I did hear from a friend who watched it (I didn't watch) that there was a cross dressing boy on it, so that doesn't seem to be very "conservative" to me.

I wouldn't really say they are conservative though. The old show didn't seem to be very political, but I barely remember it. I did hear from a friend who watched it (I didn't watch) that there was a cross dressing boy on it, so that doesn't seem to be very "conservative" to me.
well they're pro trump. that will stir up enough hate. i have not watched it and was not a fan in the day. if funny now, i'll give it a shot.

i just cancelled netflix cause they put rice on their board of directors. stupid, really. but i was tired of netflix anyway. this last season was horrible. :)

Analysis | TV Roseanne is a Trump supporter. Real-life Roseanne Barr is already a pro-Trump Internet mainstay.

“Roseanne” came back to TV. On the show, Roseanne Conner is a Trump supporter.

“It’s just realistic,” Roseanne Barr said earlier this year of the character she plays. “Roseanne” is, after all, a show about a working-class family. And Barr, speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour, said she believes “it was working-class people who elected Trump.”
i do see her point. still not sure if i care enough to watch it as i never did back when it first ran. just not into network tv.

but will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The media are hyperventilating that the new Roseanne show has her as an open Trump supporter......they fail to realize that on the show, Last Man Standing, Tim Allen was a vocal Trump supporter, and his show was canceled...

Can Roseanne Save America? | Roger L. Simon

When a conservative sitcom can beat CNN and MSNBC in that time slot. You liberals got trouble!
Advertising is beating down the door to buy in! Your blue wave could be at best a trickle!
Thank you Rosie!

Fury

Once AGAIN broadcast ratings measure ATTENTION -- not ASSENT. They have no way to measure any kind of ideology. Never did, never will.

ATTENTION and ASSENT are not even related. Ratings measure one thing, and that is a raw number of "how many eyeballs (or ears) we can deliver". That's it, full stop. **HOW** those eyeballs are delivered is completely fucking irrelevant to that number. It could be fake wrestling, fires, floods, tornadoes, naked people left on an island to eat bugs, onstage paternity tests, war, pestilence, stupid game shows, WHATEVER. *NONE* of those numbers indicate anybody is "in favor of" fake wrestling, fires, floods, tornadoes, war or pestilence.

"ATTENTION" means you're watching something. Whether you "agree" with it or not is in no way related to whether you're WATCHING it.

DAMN.

I didn't even know she was doing a new show. I heard she killed it on ratings. Was it good?

It was pretty good.

I think it is pretty funny that there are those who are all excited about this as being a 'pro-Trump' event- the show was fairly well balanced.

Lots of topical issues- the writing was good- some of the actors are rusty but I suspect they will get better.

The humor was decent- and the heart was still there.

My favorite part of the show was how it touched on the abortion issue without ever talking about abortion.

Can a television show save America? No.

I dunno mdk
Let Trump put live cameras and film a real time reality show of the drama going on along the border.
maybe if we focus on real life problems and solutions
and put media attention there, we could give credit to real life leaders
building real life solutions that work. These could take off in the media,
and we could save our own nation and economy by refocusing public attention.

24/7 Live Feed Border Patrol reality show! I like it! :113:

In b4 the show gets canceled because of Barr and Arnold's drug habits.

-edit: Nevermind, it's John Goodman.

Network TV is unwatchable because of all the Left Wing hate mongering.
Steve Colbert and Seth Meyers are almost pure hate.
Maybe the Rosanne show will make some money for ABC until it turns into more left wing stereotyping.

Go here for what could be some good news about the Tim Allen show.

God bless you and him and the rest of the cast always!!!

Holly

P.S. Hopefully him and the rest of the cast are available.

No wonder she loves Trump and vise versa
roseannehitler.jpg
Roseanne Barr poses as Hitler bringing smoking “Jew cookies” out of an oven
DZeTGS1VQAEe8Aq

Last edited:
I haven't seen the new one yet, but I kind of liked the original show, it had its moments and it was a realistic depiction of a blue collar family. But other than John Goodman & Martin Mull, every male character on the show was a boring, one-dimensional, badly acted stereotype. In different ways Mark, David and Fred were the most unlikeable characters I've ever seen in a sitcom. Goodman and Laurie Metcalf gave the strongest acting and seemed like they were having the most fun in their roles.

Can a television show save America? No.

I dunno mdk
Let Trump put live cameras and film a real time reality show of the drama going on along the border.
maybe if we focus on real life problems and solutions
and put media attention there, we could give credit to real life leaders
building real life solutions that work. These could take off in the media,
and we could save our own nation and economy by refocusing public attention.

24/7 Live Feed Border Patrol reality show! I like it! :113:

In b4 the show gets canceled because of Barr and Arnold's drug habits.

-edit: Nevermind, it's John Goodman.

Tom Arnold = Roseanne's real-life ex-husband.
John Goodman = Roseanne's TV husband.

They should have cancelled it 5 minutes in. It was BRUTAL!!!

I hardly watch TV much anymore outside of sports and the more political that gets the less I’m caring about it. The fact the industry is now having to reboot past hits tells you how little original thinking or creatively it has.

Forum List

Back