🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The New York Times. They don't write good.

This is, of course, like trying to drink water through a fire hose, but anyway:

Trump blasts New York Times: ‘They don’t write good’

"They don't write good, they don't write good," he said.

No commentary needed, I guess, although I do wonder if some people see a problem with that sentence.

"they don't write good"?

With verbs you use adverbs and the adverb of good is well.

He is good, she writes well. I like your irony. Is it intended?
Of course.

The man said it twice, it's not as if he misspoke, that's just where he is with his grasp of the language.

My point is...as if I needed to spell it out...the MSM would NEVER do an article critical of Cankle's use of the language, or for that matter critical of anything she says or does.

They attack Trump at every turn, and never attack Hillary.

This tactic STILL dupes millions of Americans.
I didn't get that from an article, it was just from a tape of him doing what he does, attacking someone.

My disappointment & embarrassment that the presidential candidate for a major party can't speak his own language properly is my own.

WTF man...where have you been?

You think all past candidates for POTUS spoke perfect English?

This was an effort by the lib media to denigrate Trump and you bought it.

Do you know when the last time Cankles did a press conference? Do you know how many Trump has done versus Cankles? The MSM would ripping be Trump if he did like Hillary and apparently you would accept that too.
No one, not even the media, made Trump say "they don't write good". That came out of his own mouth, just like the dozens of other embarrassing things he has said, just like his non-stop use of cartoonish hyperbole. I thought the GOP was the party of personal responsibility.

I also thought the GOP was the party of maintaining standards and expectations. I expect a President of the United States to at LEAST have a strong command of his own language, to be able to recognize when to measure his words, to not make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

Why has the GOP completely dropped its standards for a man like this?
So you firmly believe that Hillary has never used poor grammar. You believe the NY Times is unbiased in their reporting and would report Hillary's use of poor grammar just as they did Trump.

WTF man!
Straw man arguments.

Trump is what he is, regardless of attempts to deflect for him.
Mac quit trying to suck up to the lefties. They would never accept you.

You are trying to do what dumb ass Rs have been doing for decades. They are losers. Don't be a loser.

make the NY times write good again!!

trump whines about a perceived lack of positive reporting while conducting a campaign focused on whining how awful the current state of the USA is.

Still, there's nothing wrong with being intelligent, or articulate, or dignified, and I don't know why the party is so quick to attack it.
No, there actually is something wrong with being 'intelligent, or articulate, or dignified' when those who dont campaign that way BEAT YOU.

The point of erudite expression is not to impress the professoriate, but to get the JOB DONE. IF speaking like a wonk would win elections, then by all means do it.

But if you want to win elections, plainly boring people to death and asking them to applaud is not how to do it.

If Trump ever gets around to wanting to publish in the Harvard Review, maybe he can hire some editors to 'write it good' for him?

Till then, I dont see how communicating effectively, erudite or not, is grounds for piling on Trump if he is being successful with it.

I didn't get that from an article, it was just from a tape of him doing what he does, attacking someone.

My disappointment & embarrassment that the presidential candidate for a major party can't speak his own language properly is my own.

Do you know when the last time Cankles did a press conference? Do you know how many Trump has done versus Cankles? The MSM would ripping be Trump if he did like Hillary and apparently you would accept that too.
No one, not even the media, made Trump say "they don't write good". That came out of his own mouth, just like the dozens of other embarrassing things he has said, just like his non-stop use of cartoonish hyperbole. I thought the GOP was the party of personal responsibility.

I also thought the GOP was the party of maintaining standards and expectations. I expect a President of the United States to at LEAST have a strong command of his own language, to be able to recognize when to measure his words, to not make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

So you firmly believe that Hillary has never used poor grammar. You believe the NY Times is unbiased in their reporting and would report Hillary's use of poor grammar just as they did Trump.

WTF man!
Straw man arguments.

You are trying to do what dumb ass Rs have been doing for decades. They are losers. Don't be a loser.
Well, I've always said I'm a left-leaning independent. And you're right, I'm pretty much on the Regressive Left's perma-shit list, which is a good thing.

But being an independent means I can just belch out what I'm thinking without partisan spin or bullshittery.

Also, I don't want the Regressive Left gaining even more control over the party, and the weaker the GOP is the more likely that it would happen. The country needs two strong, viable parties right now, and if the GOP keeps this up the country will move HARD left. So seeing it lose its shit like this is a bad thing, to me.

Not fond of that idea.

trump whines about a perceived lack of positive reporting while conducting a campaign focused on whining how awful the current state of the USA is.
That is not Trumps focus. He is giving an honest report of the major damage done to the USA by the corrupt Democratic Party Machine, and his focus is on his intention and proposals to fix the mess.

But all you libtards can hear is 'Democrats bad!' and reflexively attack him, even contradicting decades of Democratic Party messaging to do it.

Trump is proposing policies more like JFK, Truman and FDR would have approved of than Hillary is.

MSM Tally of Hit pieces:

Trump: 7,895

Hillary: 0
I guess that explains Trump's child-like use of the language, huh?
My point is...as if I needed to spell it out...the MSM would NEVER do an article critical of Cankle's use of the language, or for that matter critical of anything she says or does.

I agree with you. Trump is not an eloquent speaker and often enough uncouth in his responses. It concerns me.

Having said that however, I think Barack Obama is as poor of a speaker as we have had as a president in my life time. Very clumsy, choppy, pauses a lot and comes back with teenage level sentences. Hard to bear. Hillary is nothing but a cliche bore. Is she even human?

But if your point is to try to make Trump look like the worse choice of the two, that makes no sense to me.

WTF man!
Straw man arguments.

In fact, now that I think about it, let me add something.

I completely understand the attraction of someone from outside the system, someone who blows a hole in conventional wisdom, someone who shines the light on the various hypocrisies of traditional politicians and politics. I really do.

The problem is, this is the wrong guy. He's a horrible messenger. He's SO wrong, in fact, that he could pretty easily fuck it up for someone who is more qualified and capable of delivering the anti-establishment message for years to come. He probably already has.

Ideology and issues aside, that's what troubles me about him.

MSM Tally of Hit pieces:

I agree with you. Trump is not an eloquent speaker and often enough uncouth in his responses. It concerns me.

Having said that however, I think Barack Obama is as poor of a speaker as we have had as a president in my life time. Very clumsy, choppy, pauses a lot and comes back with teenage level sentences. Hard to bear. Hillary is nothing but a cliche bore. Is she even human?

But if your point is to try to make Trump look like the worse choice of the two, that makes no sense to me.
Obama's not running. The Dems have run their most vulnerable possible candidate, and the GOP did this.

It's in Hillary's best interests to be a bore. Just let Trump hang not only himself, but his party.

MSM Tally of Hit pieces:

Obama's not running. The Dems have run their most vulnerable possible candidate, and the GOP did this.

It's in Hillary's best interests to be a bore. Just let Trump hang not only himself, but his party.

I know Obama is not running. I just wanted to point out to those who think Trump is boorish that they have mostly remained silent for the last 8 years in observing what a monumental loser and amateur speaker of theirs truly has been.

Plus, I was asking if your intention is to assist Hillary over Trump, that is hard to fathom. There is nothing about her in particular, or their party in general, that is honorable.

Last edited:

WTF man!
Straw man arguments.

Well, I've always said I'm a left-leaning independent. And you're right, I'm pretty much on the Regressive Left's perma-shit list, which is a good thing.

But being an independent means I can just belch out what I'm thinking without partisan spin or bullshittery.

Also, I don't want the Regressive Left gaining even more control over the party, and the weaker the GOP is the more likely that it would happen. The country needs two strong, viable parties right now, and if the GOP keeps this up the country will move HARD left. So seeing it lose its shit like this is a bad thing, to me.

Not fond of that idea.
I can't agree with your analysis of the R party. Trump is a progressive on many issues. He is not a conservative. Many R pols are critical of him and do not like him. The R establishment hates him and some are publicly stating they will vote Cankles.

This issue of grammar is nothing more than a smoke screen designed to deceive and get dummies to vote of the most corrupt pol in the history of our nation.

That is not Trumps focus. He is giving an honest report of the major damage done to the USA by the corrupt Democratic Party Machine, and his focus is on his intention and proposals to fix the mess.

But all you libtards can hear is 'Democrats bad!' and reflexively attack him, even contradicting decades of Democratic Party messaging to do it.

Trump is proposing policies more like JFK, Truman and FDR would have approved of than Hillary is.
haha. of course. honest reporting. maybe the NY Times is also only honestly reporting on Trump's campaign. and that is why the NY Times does not write good.

MSM Tally of Hit pieces:

bingo...

Obama has said all number of dumb things and grammatically incorrect things....but the MSM would NEVER point that out...thanks to political correctness and the fact he is a D.

Mac tends to see political correctness for what is it...I guess he missed it this time.

"But The New York Times is so unfair. I mean they write three, four articles about me a day. No matter how good I do on something, they’ll never write good.”

hahahaha, what a whiner. can dish it, cannot take it.

"But The New York Times is so unfair. I mean they write three, four articles about me a day. No matter how good I do on something, they’ll never write good.”

Let's see. For more than a year and a half the NY Times has been vilifying Trump, embellishing the truth to make Trump look worse, and no doubt failing to cover many stories and facts about Hilldebeest that makes her to be the criminal and scoundrel she clearly is. So now after 18 months of this Trump makes note of it --- and you say that makes him a whiner? I get it. He is supposed let these lying a-holes continue their barrage for as many times as they wish and say nothing. That is the democrats idea of playing fair I guess.

Let's see. For more than a year and a half the NY Times has been vilifying Trump, embellishing the truth to make Trump look worse, and no doubt failing to cover many stories and facts about Hilldebeest that makes her to be the criminal and scoundrel she clearly is. So now after 18 months of this Trump makes note of it --- and you say that makes him a whiner? I get it. He is supposed let these lying a-holes continue their barrage for as many times as they wish and say nothing. That is the democrats idea of playing fair I guess.
he is running for president. if he cannot take it, he can quit.

Plus, I was asking if your intention is to assist Hillary over Trump, that is hard to fathom. There is nothing about her in particular, or their party in general, that is honorable.
Well, both candidates are so uniquely unattractive that all I can do is strip away the layers of crap and try to project two things: What they would do in terms of the actual issues while in office, and how they might react in difficult situations. Since I agree with the Democrats on more issues than I do the Republicans, and because I think it's pretty clear that Trump in no way has an appropriate temperament or capacity for the position, my choice is pretty clear.

Yeah, I'll have to hold my nose. With both hands. In fact, I'll then need to figure out how to vote by using my feet. But that's what I gotta do.

he is running for president. if he cannot take it, he can quit.

That's no answer to my questions. (never mind)

and yet you clicked the 'agree' button - does that somehow mean something other than 'agree' to you?

Many posts are too complex to infer complete 100% agreement with each and every line, especially where the author may have been engaging in hyperbole.
More reason to remove freedom of the press clause from the 1st. They are the DNC lapdogs.

oh yeah, i can see how the complexity of those two sentences would confuse you.

Forum List

Back