The Newt files

Umm..That is Madison's OPINION.....Not the law of the land.
Tel ya what...You go find in the US Constitution where 'separation of church and state' is specific or those words even appear.
You are prohibited from use of the word 'lie' or 'liar'.
You use this term as a weapon as a last resort. Or whenever you have no come back.
Think of something else......for once.

The word 'rifle' doesn't appear in the constitution but I'll bet you believe the constitution protects your right to keep and bear one.

You dork... :lol:

Arm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

:lmao: Pathetically desperate So if killing a few fellow Americans is what it takes to rid us of the second, many as you see approve.

Thwarted. Big deal.

I appreciate the few who appear to be able to stick to the topic instead of these mindless attacks on the poster.

be got beat hours ago and just cant win with facts and ideas so he merely insults like a child.

He doesnt have the class to amitt he was wrong.

very few cons do.

why would anyone be a part of a party that has no legs to stand on so they deny history, science, definitions of words and in so doing end up spitting on the father of the constitution as well as the constitution?

man all they have to do is side with the facts and dump a failed party.

They cant do it , how sad.

Are you trying to suggest the man who wrote it did not know what he was talking about?
it says Congress cant stand in the way of someone establishing A Religion and practicing it.....where does it say that Church and State should never interact?.....thats what Radio is asking you......why do you hate the English Language?....

The word 'rifle' doesn't appear in the constitution but I'll bet you believe the constitution protects your right to keep and bear one.

:lmao: Pathetically desperate So if killing a few fellow Americans is what it takes to rid us of the second, many as you see approve.

I kind of thought it meant we could keep a bunch of severed arms in a box for some weird reason.... :eek:

That way I can smack an intruder with it.... :doubt:

Umm..That is Madison's OPINION.....Not the law of the land.
Tel ya what...You go find in the US Constitution where 'separation of church and state' is specific or those words even appear.
You are prohibited from use of the word 'lie' or 'liar'.
You use this term as a weapon as a last resort. Or whenever you have no come back.
Think of something else......for once.

So...

you admit that the Constitution does not actually have to state a specific word or set of words in the English language in order to convey a meaning that could be found in those words?

So the Constitution does not have to use the specific word 'rifle' to say that the right to keep and bear a rifle is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Why then would the Constitution have to say the specific phrase 'separation of church and state' in order to say that there is a separation of church and state?

Are you trying to suggest the man who wrote it did not know what he was talking about?
it says Congress cant stand in the way of someone establishing A Religion and practicing it.....where does it say that Church and State should never interact?.....thats what Radio is asking you......why do you hate the English Language?....

bc Obama said we should learn spanish :lol:

I kind of thought it meant we could keep a bunch of severed arms in a box for some weird reason.... :eek:

That way I can smack an intruder with it.... :doubt:
Right to bear arms...or ARM bears...Or am I confused?:lol:

How about separtion of church and state?

Show me that in the Constitution, please.

Show us why those exact words would have to appear in the Constitution for their meaning to be in the Constitution.

We've just established that the word 'rifle' and I'll add the word 'pistol', those exact words do not appear in the Constitution but obviously they are protected under the 2nd amendment.

Separation of church and state do not appear in the 1st amendment, but obviously what that phrase means is conveyed in the 1st amendment.

So...

you admit that the Constitution does not actually have to state a specific word or set of words in the English language in order to convey a meaning that could be found in those words?

So the Constitution does not have to use the specific word 'rifle' to say that the right to keep and bear a rifle is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Why then would the Constitution have to say the specific phrase 'separation of church and state' in order to say that there is a separation of church and state?

'Congress shall make no law establishing religion, or to prevent the free exercise thereof, or to infringe the rights of conscience.'

When Congress makes you worship in a specific way or to any God... get back to me, OK?

how can anyone with a brain argue against what the father of the constitution says about whats in the constitution?

http://www.sunnetworks.net/~ggarman/madison.html

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself. Among the various religious Societies in our Country, none have been more vigilant or constant in maintain[in]g that distinction, than the Society of which you make a part, and it is an honourable proof of your sincerity & integrity, that you are as ready to do so, in a case favoring the interest of your brethren, as in other cases. It is but just, at the same time, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, to remark that their application to the Natl. Legislature does not appear to have contemplated a grant of the Land in question, but on terms that might be equitable to the public as well as to themselves. Accept my friendly respects

------------------------------

President Madison's letter as quoted above is located in The Papers of James Madison: Presidential Series, 3:323-324.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back