The Newt files

The concept is there.
The Only 'Concept' is that government could not compell you to worship...there was to be no 'State Church' as was the case in Great Britain. You could choose to worship your own way...be in the open about it...or NOT worship at all. Government has NO input one way or the other. They are prohibitited from making any laws based upon religious precept.

It is a little thing called Liberty.. Religous or otherwise. And it's not freedom from religion. Get it straight.

You have no clue what you are speaking about.:eusa_hand:

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself. Among the various religious Societies in our Country, none have been more vigilant or constant in maintain[in]g that distinction, than the Society of which you make a part, and it is an honourable proof of your sincerity & integrity, that you are as ready to do so, in a case favoring the interest of your brethren, as in other cases. It is but just, at the same time, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, to remark that their application to the Natl. Legislature does not appear to have contemplated a grant of the Land in question, but on terms that might be equitable to the public as well as to themselves. Accept my friendly respects

------------------------------

President Madison's letter as quoted above is located in The Papers of James Madison: Presidential Series, 3:323-324. To Mr. Madison, I say, thank you; and in appreciation of the historical Baptist position, I say, Amen!

he told us in his own words already

Last edited:
d7cd43a7-2730-4a0b-a0e2-0040f2c82a93.jpg

It's too bad that there's not an off-topic area for your "contributions" Radio. :cuckoo:

the father of our constitution says that separation of church and state is in the constitution that he wrote.

Yet the right claims its not for political gain.

They LIE about our constitution and the man who wrote it and then claim they are all about the constitution.

They just never stop lying.
Umm..That is Madison's OPINION.....Not the law of the land.
Tel ya what...You go find in the US Constitution where 'separation of church and state' is specific or those words even appear.
You are prohibited from use of the word 'lie' or 'liar'.
You use this term as a weapon as a last resort. Or whenever you have no come back.
Think of something else......for once.

The word 'rifle' doesn't appear in the constitution but I'll bet you believe the constitution protects your right to keep and bear one.

the father of our constitution says that separation of church and state is in the constitution that he wrote.

They LIE about our constitution and the man who wrote it and then claim they are all about the constitution.

Tel ya what...You go find in the US Constitution where 'separation of church and state' is specific or those words even appear.
You use this term as a weapon as a last resort. Or whenever you have no come back.

The word 'rifle' doesn't appear in the constitution but I'll bet you believe the constitution protects your right to keep and bear one.
It is a firearm moron. And "why can't you buy a bazooka, Missle launcher..." coming in 3...2...1...

Specious argument Carbonated.

Thwarted. Big deal.

I appreciate the few who appear to be able to stick to the topic instead of these mindless attacks on the poster.

Last edited:
the republican party has been claiming to me more moral for years

You dork... :lol:

Arm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself. Among the various religious Societies in our Country, none have been more vigilant or constant in maintain[in]g that distinction, than the Society of which you make a part, and it is an honourable proof of your sincerity & integrity, that you are as ready to do so, in a case favoring the interest of your brethren, as in other cases. It is but just, at the same time, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, to remark that their application to the Natl. Legislature does not appear to have contemplated a grant of the Land in question, but on terms that might be equitable to the public as well as to themselves. Accept my friendly respects

------------------------------

President Madison's letter as quoted above is located in The Papers of James Madison: Presidential Series, 3:323-324. To Mr. Madison, I say, thank you; and in appreciation of the historical Baptist position, I say, Amen!

he told us in his own words already

Game Over

Forum List

Back