The Newt files

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

essential to the purity of both

Christ woman! Quoting yourself as an authority is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel

It was the fastest way to find the quote.

Ignore my words and listen to the father of the constitution

You need to ask that question to all the conservatives who repeated 'character matters' over and over and over and over again,

like a mantra, in the nineties, when they were talking about Clinton.

Apparently, they were just spewing horseshit, right?

Amazing what they will lie about on the right huh?
your right i agree.....now will you say the same about the Left?....

Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

what do these words mean to you?

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

essential to the purity of both

Christ woman! Quoting yourself as an authority is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel
You ain't nothing until you get the hat trick/triple TM quote.

Just saying'.

essential to the purity of both is a quote from James Madison you clowns

this is how berift of morals the right has become.

they do nothing but lie and ignore cold hard facts and then wonder why this country hates their new congress who is being lead arround by the nose by the right.

Why would ANYONE want to follow a party that does nothing but lie and ignore facts?

ok.....agreed.....so why do you think the Left is telling you the Truth?....

Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

what do these words mean to you?

It seems that they mean you are going to ignore his question to you.

As you always do.

the left isnt telling me anything , I go by the facts.

How many in this thread have admitted what I clearly showed which is what the Father of the constitution said about the first amendment which he fucking wrote?

NOT ONE

You need to ask that question to all the conservatives who repeated 'character matters' over and over and over and over again,

like a mantra, in the nineties, when they were talking about Clinton.

Apparently, they were just spewing horseshit, right?

The left isn't going to vote for a conservative GOP'er like Gingrich no matter what his character.

How many in this thread have admitted what I clearly showed which is what the Father of the constitution said about the first amendment which he fucking wrote?

NOT ONE

e6362d07-696c-4989-bcaf-0e79f0e13b98.jpg

NOT ONE

Now you are lying as Radioman schooled you.

how can anyone with a brain argue against what the father of the constitution says about whats in the constitution?

Ironically, most conservatives are obsessed with 'originalism', or original intent, which relies wholly on what the founders believed or said they believed about the constitution.

I just dont understand such duplicity.

I dont understand what they think they gain by playing this game.

Dont they understand people come to these sites and look and not talk.

Do they think being such brick brained hypocrits wins them votes?

Conservatives start with a conclusion, and then work backwards to concoct an argument that supports their conclusion.

NOT ONE

Now you are lying as Radioman schooled you.

how is quoting James Madison lying?

Go back and reread the thread, you didnt have the common sense to understand it then, maybe a reread might help.

you are claiming I lied.

I quoted madison to prove my point.

Hes not good enough for you?

Ironically, most conservatives are obsessed with 'originalism', or original intent, which relies wholly on what the founders believed or said they believed about the constitution.

Conservatives start with a conclusion, and then work backwards to concoct an argument that supports their conclusion.

yes but they could at least make sense and quit just losing their brains out their ears in the face of public veiw.

And here they are proving to any onlooker that they have no case and will denhy facts and replace intelligent discussion with middleschool insults.

Dont they know it makes them and their parties look like idiots?

they are distroying their any chance of winning converts.

I guess tey figure they will just cheat to win elections and dont need voters.

yes but they could at least make sense and quit just losing their brains out their ears in the face of public veiw.

And here they are proving to any onlooker that they have no case and will denhy facts and replace intelligent discussion with middleschool insults.

Dont they know it makes them and their parties look like idiots?

they are distroying their any chance of winning converts.

I guess tey figure they will just cheat to win elections and dont need voters.

27543_116942981682693_5431_n.jpg

do you understand words have meanings and the constitution is about ideas?

The first Amendment was written in part to make clear a separation of church and state.

That was the idea they were conveying.

Just ask madison.

do you understand words have meanings
do you?......if you did.....you would not misspell so many....

The first Amendment was written in part to make clear a separation of church and state.

That was the idea they were conveying.

the IDEA they were conveying?....so Radio is right.....it is not explicitly mentioned?....your supposed to ASSUME thats what was meant?.....is that the idea your conveying?....

Forum List

Back