Harris May Be in Trouble in a Couple of Weeks.

"And your opinion was because he was black"

Are you reading this rightwinger? See what I mean?

So first of all, I stand by what I said about Obama, and it has nothing to do with his race, it's all about the fact that he spent a paltry three years in the Senate, and he had one of the highest missed votes over that span. His qualifications were very weak.

Second, I for one am not saying Kumalla isn't qualified. She's been a U.S. Senator, and the vice president. She's qualified on paper, although I suspect she'll be a weak president, and I'm more and more thinking she really doesn't have strong principles, she's just going to do and say whatever it takes to win.
Just as her lips were wrapped around Willie Brown's dick in order to get ahead, she's going to be doing the same with voters in the next two months.
And your opinion is because Obama was black. You aren't going to say that. You are going to say exactly what you're saying here. This is always what happens. Look at what you say about Harris. She was 8 years past Brown when she frst ran for office. If you looked at Obamas legislative record, he sponsored or co sponsored more bills than a lot of senators who had been there longer. You voted for Trump who had no legislative experience and filed for bankruptcy 6 times.

Walz won't overshadow Harris. Why would he?
Likability for one thing. I gave up on the whole anti-israeli student protests when they had their issue with Jerry Seinfeld. Everyone has a threshold (call it the "smell test" if you want) where you just say, "wait a second". I'm not saying Harris isn't likable but Walz has an everyman quality about him that is compelling. Its also the "back up quarter back" syndrome. The most popular guy in town is the guy who has never lost a game, threw an interception or fumbled a snap or hand off. I think the dems have a pair of aces myself. Is that the best thing for a ticket though when viewed through the lens of politics?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Likability for one thing. I gave up on the whole anti-israeli student protests when they had their issue with Jerry Seinfeld. Everyone has a threshold (call it the "smell test" if you want) where you just say, "wait a second". I'm not saying Harris isn't likable but Walz has an everyman quality about him that is compelling. Its also the "back up quarter back" syndrome. The most popular guy in town is the guy who has never lost a game, threw an interception or fumbled a snap or hand off. I think the dems have a pair of aces myself. Is that the best thing for a ticket though when viewed through the lens of politics?
Yes to your last line. Walz does have that down to earth thing going. That is true. He does seem to be very likeable and that is a good thing. I thnk that it shows the type of leader Harris is. She makes good choices and those two are indeed a strong team.

Yes to your last line. Walz does have that down to earth thing going. That is true. He does seem to be very likeable and that is a good thing. I thnk that it shows the type of leader Harris is. She makes good choices and those two are indeed a strong team.
By overshadowing, I was talking about strictly acceptability to the average voter. Resumes, experience, etc... Harris all the way.

Just my opinion here--no links will be provided.

She’s going to give a speech tonight and it will be well received by the audience and the public. Everyone is going to clap, cheer, etc.. However on September 13 or whenever....there may be a lot of folks wishing Walz was on the top of the ticket based partially on that speech he gave last night and the fact that he’s striking all the right chords with his presence. Wow.

It inspired me to make a donation to the campaign (something I don’t normally do). More Walz and less Vance/Blob is what the nation needs. Some optimism, some regular guy/gal energy. Harris has my vote and she would have without Walz but there is a lot of wattage at the bottom of the ticket.
Did you have a stroke recently? I'm worried about you.

By overshadowing, I was talking about strictly acceptability to the average voter. Resumes, experience, etc... Harris all the way.
Walz has a nice resume. But the average voter can accept them both. Harris experience is typical of a lot of average people and so is Walz. I think Walz scores better with midwestern rural types and could possly pull some of them from Trump.

Forum List

Back