DNC Convention: It's On!

Great start. It's easy to forget just how things looked a few weeks back. It all started before the debate between Biden and Trump, but started boiling over after the debate. Make no mistake about it. The Democratic party is united. Having a big tent approach to reaching out to Americans and appealing to them is often mocked by the March-in-Lock-Step GOP. But the GOP of old (conservative et al) is gone. Over. One of Trump's own sons said so himself

Trump Jr. says ‘MAGA movement is the new Republican Party’​

It was even said to be so a few years ago.

But this is about the Democratic party being newly recharged, not dismantled and set up as something beholden to one man, one woman. Let the show begin.

View attachment 998320

Aug. 19, 2024, 6:45 p.m. ET13 minutes ago
Jim Rutenberg
Reporting from Chicago
Jaime Harrison, the Democratic National Committee chair, and Minyon Moore, the convention committee chair, gaveled the Democratic convention to order amid loud cheers from an energized party inside the United Center. A few weeks ago, this was expected to be a trepidatious crowd. It’s way early, but the energy inside the hall is matching that of the Republican National Convention last month in Milwaukee, when Republicans were feeling certain of victory.
Four days of unhinged freaks and not a single policy to offer the voters. Good job retards.

1724378353144.png

Sudden fame for Tim Walz’s son focuses attention on challenges of people with learning disabilities

Wow !

Kelley and the Veterans!

I AM A DAD, HUSBAND, CONGRESSMAN, AND THE PROUDEST ARIZONAN YOU WILL EVER MEET, BUT I AM EVEN PROUDER TO BE A MARINE. [APPLAUSE]

MY MOM RAISED US ALONE ON HIS SECRETARY'S SALARY. I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR. I WORKED EVERY JOB I COULD, MEATPACKING, CONSTRUCTION, DELIVERING PIZZAS. I MADE IT TO HARVARD WITH NO MONEY AND NO CONNECTION. OTHER KIDS WERE HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS AT HARVARD. I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE I FINALLY HAD A MATTRESS. THEN I ENLISTED, FOUGHT ALONGSIDE MY BROTHERS WITH LIMA 325 IN IRAQ.

2:45 they all walk in -- all the Veterans

THEY CALLED US LUCKY, BUT OUR LUCK RAN OUT. WE SAW SOME OF THE HEAVIEST COMBAT OF THE WAR, AND WHEN WE GOT HOME OF THE GOVERNMENT FAILED TO HELP US READJUST. WE HAVE A DUTY TO CARE FOR OUR PATRIOTS WHO SERVE OUR NATION. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] FOR THE VIETNAM VETERANS WHO RELY ON FOR A MEDICATION, IT TO THE AFGHAN FEDERMAN IN PITTSBURGH WHO FINALLY GOT TREATMENT FOR HIS PTSD, FOR THE MARINE IN MILWAUKEE: A LAMP THEY EARNED, FOR MY NAVAJO BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SERVED WITH ME IN THE MARINES, I REMEMBER YOU TOO. KAMALA HARRIS AND TIM WALZ ARE FIGHTING FOR THEM. KAMALA HARRIS HAS DELIVERED MORE BENEFITS TO MORE VETERANS THAN EVER BEFORE AND HAS ACHIEVED THE LOWEST VETERAN UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN HISTORY. VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS HAS DEDUCT FOR US AND OUR FAMILIES ALWAYS.

TIM WALZ SERVED FOR 24 YEARS. HIS PASSION FOR VETERANS URGENT RESPECT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE, AND HE STANDS WITH US TOO. IN FACT, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME OF MANY DEMOCRATS WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT SERVICE MEANS, BECAUSE WE PUT COUNTRY OVER POLITICS. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] WE WERE PROUD TO WEAR THE UNIFORM. AND WE ARE PROUD SERVING OUR COUNTRY IN CITY HALL, STATE CAPITALS, THE U.S. HOUSE, AND THE SENATE. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] THESE VETERANS REPRESENT THE BEST OF OUR COUNTRY.

WE STAND UNITED AS VETERANS, DEMOCRATS, AND PATRIOTS TO FIGHT FOR EVERYONE WHO SERVED. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] POLITICIANS LIKE DONALD TRUMP DO NOT STAND WITH US. THEY CALL PATRIOTS LIKE SENATOR MCCAIN LOSERS. JOHN MCCAIN WAS AN AMERICAN HERO. SHOW SOME RESPECT. PROJECT 2025 WILL SLASH VETERANS BENEFITS AND FORCE VA HOSPITAL SOUP CLOSE ACROSS THE NATION.

SHOW SOME RESPECT. SO FOR THE 18-YEAR-OLD WHO DECIDES TO ENLIST, OR THE FAMILIES LIKE MINE WHO PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT THEIR LOVED ONES WOULD COME HOME, FOR OUR TROOPS STATIONED THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY, FOR MY MARINES OF LIMA COMPANY, LET US ELECT KAMALA HARRIS AND TIM WALZ, WHO DO NOT JUST RESPECT OUR SERVICE, BUT REVERE IT. BECAUSE THE VETERANS WHO DEFENDED THIS COUNTRY ARE NOT JUST THE REASON WE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THEY ARE THE REASON WE CAN DREAM. AND TOGETHER, TOGETHER WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR VETERANS AND EVERYONE WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY. THANK YOU. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] [CHANTING "USA"

next up:
Gretchen Whitmer
Governor of Michigan
"That woman from Michigan." - DJT

Last edited:
Wow !

Kelley and the Veterans!

next up:
Gretchen Whitmer
Governor of Michigan
"That woman from Michigan." - DJT
New wars and killing vets in the most fucked up troop withdrawal in history. Why didn’t she fix that the last 4 years?

New wars and killing vets in the most fucked up troop withdrawal in history. Why didn’t she fix that the last 4 years?'

Screw you

Watch: 2:45 they all walk in -- all the Veterans

I AM A DAD, HUSBAND, CONGRESSMAN, AND THE PROUDEST ARIZONAN YOU WILL EVER MEET, BUT I AM EVEN PROUDER TO BE A MARINE. [APPLAUSE] MY MOM RAISED US ALONE ON HIS SECRETARY'S SALARY. I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR. I WORKED EVERY JOB I COULD, MEATPACKING, CONSTRUCTION, DELIVERING PIZZAS. I MADE IT TO HARVARD WITH NO MONEY AND NO CONNECTION. OTHER KIDS WERE HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS AT HARVARD. I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE I FINALLY HAD A MATTRESS.

THEN I ENLISTED, FOUGHT ALONGSIDE MY BROTHERS WITH LIMA 325 IN IRAQ. THEY CALLED US LUCKY, BUT OUR LUCK RAN OUT. WE SAW SOME OF THE HEAVIEST COMBAT OF THE WAR, AND WHEN WE GOT HOME OF THE GOVERNMENT FAILED TO HELP US READJUST. WE HAVE A DUTY TO CARE FOR OUR PATRIOTS WHO SERVE OUR NATION. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

FOR THE VIETNAM VETERANS WHO RELY ON FOR A MEDICATION, IT TO THE AFGHAN FEDERMAN IN PITTSBURGH WHO FINALLY GOT TREATMENT FOR HIS PTSD, FOR THE MARINE IN MILWAUKEE: A LAMP THEY EARNED, FOR MY NAVAJO BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SERVED WITH ME IN THE MARINES, I REMEMBER YOU TOO. KAMALA HARRIS AND TIM WALZ ARE FIGHTING FOR THEM. KAMALA HARRIS HAS DELIVERED MORE BENEFITS TO MORE VETERANS THAN EVER BEFORE AND HAS ACHIEVED THE LOWEST VETERAN UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN HISTORY. VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS HAS DEDUCT FOR US AND OUR FAMILIES ALWAYS. TIM WALZ SERVED FOR 24 YEARS. HIS PASSION FOR VETERANS URGENT RESPECT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE, AND HE STANDS WITH US TOO. IN FACT, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME OF MANY DEMOCRATS WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT SERVICE MEANS, BECAUSE WE PUT COUNTRY OVER POLITICS. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

WE WERE PROUD TO WEAR THE UNIFORM. AND WE ARE PROUD SERVING OUR COUNTRY IN CITY HALL, STATE CAPITALS, THE U.S. HOUSE, AND THE SENATE. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] THESE VETERANS REPRESENT THE BEST OF OUR COUNTRY. WE STAND UNITED AS VETERANS, DEMOCRATS, AND PATRIOTS TO FIGHT FOR EVERYONE WHO SERVED. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] POLITICIANS LIKE DONALD TRUMP DO NOT STAND WITH US. THEY CALL PATRIOTS LIKE SENATOR MCCAIN LOSERS. JOHN MCCAIN WAS AN AMERICAN HERO. SHOW SOME RESPECT. PROJECT 2025 WILL SLASH VETERANS BENEFITS AND FORCE VA HOSPITAL SOUP CLOSE ACROSS THE NATION.

SHOW SOME RESPECT. SO FOR THE 18-YEAR-OLD WHO DECIDES TO ENLIST, OR THE FAMILIES LIKE MINE WHO PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT THEIR LOVED ONES WOULD COME HOME, FOR OUR TROOPS STATIONED THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY, FOR MY MARINES OF LIMA COMPANY, LET US ELECT KAMALA HARRIS AND TIM WALZ, WHO DO NOT JUST RESPECT OUR SERVICE, BUT REVERE IT. BECAUSE THE VETERANS WHO DEFENDED THIS COUNTRY ARE NOT JUST THE REASON WE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THEY ARE THE REASON WE CAN DREAM. AND TOGETHER, TOGETHER WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR VETERANS AND EVERYONE WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY. THANK YOU. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] [CHANTING "USA"

One of the DNC speakers said Harris has been black longer than Trump has been a Republican.

BOOM!

Great start. It's easy to forget just how things looked a few weeks back. It all started before the debate between Biden and Trump, but started boiling over after the debate. Make no mistake about it. The Democratic party is united. Having a big tent approach to reaching out to Americans and appealing to them is often mocked by the March-in-Lock-Step GOP. But the GOP of old (conservative et al) is gone. Over. One of Trump's own sons said so himself

Trump Jr. says ‘MAGA movement is the new Republican Party’​

It was even said to be so a few years ago.

But this is about the Democratic party being newly recharged, not dismantled and set up as something beholden to one man, one woman. Let the show begin.

View attachment 998320

Aug. 19, 2024, 6:45 p.m. ET13 minutes ago
Jim Rutenberg
Reporting from Chicago
Jaime Harrison, the Democratic National Committee chair, and Minyon Moore, the convention committee chair, gaveled the Democratic convention to order amid loud cheers from an energized party inside the United Center. A few weeks ago, this was expected to be a trepidatious crowd. It’s way early, but the energy inside the hall is matching that of the Republican National Convention last month in Milwaukee, when Republicans were feeling certain of victory.

It was fucking delightful to watch Steve Kerr (an actual championship coach with 5 titles) in comparison to Hulk Hogan.....a fake champion in a fake sport.

A clearer example of the differences in the parties ya couldn't ask for.

"Night, Night" indeed, Steve.

Screw you

Watch: 2:45 they all walk in -- all the Veterans

I AM A DAD, HUSBAND, CONGRESSMAN, AND THE PROUDEST ARIZONAN YOU WILL EVER MEET, BUT I AM EVEN PROUDER TO BE A MARINE. [APPLAUSE] MY MOM RAISED US ALONE ON HIS SECRETARY'S SALARY. I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR. I WORKED EVERY JOB I COULD, MEATPACKING, CONSTRUCTION, DELIVERING PIZZAS. I MADE IT TO HARVARD WITH NO MONEY AND NO CONNECTION. OTHER KIDS WERE HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS AT HARVARD. I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE I FINALLY HAD A MATTRESS.

THEN I ENLISTED, FOUGHT ALONGSIDE MY BROTHERS WITH LIMA 325 IN IRAQ. THEY CALLED US LUCKY, BUT OUR LUCK RAN OUT. WE SAW SOME OF THE HEAVIEST COMBAT OF THE WAR, AND WHEN WE GOT HOME OF THE GOVERNMENT FAILED TO HELP US READJUST. WE HAVE A DUTY TO CARE FOR OUR PATRIOTS WHO SERVE OUR NATION. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

FOR THE VIETNAM VETERANS WHO RELY ON FOR A MEDICATION, IT TO THE AFGHAN FEDERMAN IN PITTSBURGH WHO FINALLY GOT TREATMENT FOR HIS PTSD, FOR THE MARINE IN MILWAUKEE: A LAMP THEY EARNED, FOR MY NAVAJO BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SERVED WITH ME IN THE MARINES, I REMEMBER YOU TOO. KAMALA HARRIS AND TIM WALZ ARE FIGHTING FOR THEM. KAMALA HARRIS HAS DELIVERED MORE BENEFITS TO MORE VETERANS THAN EVER BEFORE AND HAS ACHIEVED THE LOWEST VETERAN UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN HISTORY. VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS HAS DEDUCT FOR US AND OUR FAMILIES ALWAYS. TIM WALZ SERVED FOR 24 YEARS. HIS PASSION FOR VETERANS URGENT RESPECT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE, AND HE STANDS WITH US TOO. IN FACT, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME OF MANY DEMOCRATS WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT SERVICE MEANS, BECAUSE WE PUT COUNTRY OVER POLITICS. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

WE WERE PROUD TO WEAR THE UNIFORM. AND WE ARE PROUD SERVING OUR COUNTRY IN CITY HALL, STATE CAPITALS, THE U.S. HOUSE, AND THE SENATE. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] THESE VETERANS REPRESENT THE BEST OF OUR COUNTRY. WE STAND UNITED AS VETERANS, DEMOCRATS, AND PATRIOTS TO FIGHT FOR EVERYONE WHO SERVED. [CHEERS AND APPLAUSE] POLITICIANS LIKE DONALD TRUMP DO NOT STAND WITH US. THEY CALL PATRIOTS LIKE SENATOR MCCAIN LOSERS. JOHN MCCAIN WAS AN AMERICAN HERO. SHOW SOME RESPECT. PROJECT 2025 WILL SLASH VETERANS BENEFITS AND FORCE VA HOSPITAL SOUP CLOSE ACROSS THE NATION.

None of that happened under bidumb/harris. If those are his principles he should vote for Trump.

Forum List

Back