• Germany

• Ireland

• Spain

• Poland

• Austria

• other

• none

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right, and it's only getting more so as time goes by.
I don´t know where you live but I can tell you that the EU is not a federation but a despotic entity that can tell countries whatever they want them to do. There are no kinds of objection or remedy for the countries. There is nothing that limits the EU´s power over the countries. It is not like the US for example where federal government and the states have their explicit powers. The EU is a big failure and regression of democracy and state of law. And there is nothing that prevents countries from agreeing to an European trade agreement without EU.

I don´t know where you live but I can tell you that the EU is not a federation but a despotic entity that can tell countries whatever they want them to do. There are no kinds of objection or remedy for the countries. There is nothing that limits the EU´s power over the countries. It is not like the US for example where federal government and the states have their explicit powers. The EU is a big failure and regression of democracy and state of law. And there is nothing that prevents countries from agreeing to an European trade agreement without EU.
Where is this failure most manifested as you understand it?

The Brits voted for the exit.
ca8.png

Huh? Are we saying the same thing?

ca8.png

Huh? Are we saying the same thing?
It is the only people that has been polled on the membership. And they voted for the exit. Can´t be that great if you don´t dare to ask your citizens. However, in the end the exit was a parliament decision because the outcome of the referendum was not legally binding.
The few countries that allowed their people to vote on the EU constitution (France and Netherlands) also became the result no but all countries had to agree. But they didn´t give up on the constitution but replaced it by a treaty they just don´t call constitution: Treaty on the functioning of the European Union.
The EU also led to overspending by countries leading to the financial crisis. The bailout mechanism they came up with was illegally enacted, because it violated EU terms (expedited law making procedure is not allowed if the affected law enhances the power of the EU).

It is the only people that has been polled on the membership. And they voted for the exit. Can´t be that great if you don´t dare to ask your citizens. However, in the end the exit was a parliament decision because the outcome of the referendum was not legally binding.
The few countries that allowed their people to vote on the EU constitution (France and Netherlands) also became the result no but all countries had to agree. But they didn´t give up on the constitution but replaced it by a treaty they just don´t call constitution: Treaty on the functioning of the European Union.
The EU also led to overspending by countries leading to the financial crisis. The bailout mechanism they came up was illegally enacted, because it violated EU terms (expedited law making procedure is not allowed if the affected law enhances the power of the EU).
You do realize how Brexit even became a thing right?

Tell me how you understand it came to be.

You do realize how Brexit even became a thing right?

Tell me how you understand it came to be.
The national sovereignty was replaced by darkies. Many Brits didn´t like that and the UK has a more diverse media landscape so right wing voices are not suppressed by nonstop pro-immigration tootling.

Zebra

The national sovereignty was replaced by darkies. Many Brits didn´t like that and the UK has a more diverse media landscape so right wing voices are not suppressed by nonstop pro-immigration tootling.

Zebra
Close, but no cigar.

White racist Brits were able to ramp up the fear of "others", and that's what caused them to go buck wild into this thing called "Brexit."

And now pretty much every white British citizen are wailing and gnashing their black teeth for being "dupded."

Again, no country w/sense would follow their lead.

Close, but no cigar.

White racist Brits were able to ramp up the fear of "others", and that's what caused them to go buck wild into this thing called "Brexit."

And now pretty much every white British citizen are wailing and gnashing their black teeth for being "dupded."

Again, no country w/sense would follow their lead.
It is not fear of others. It is about raping, stabbing and looting criminals that flood the European continent while the responsible politicians cheer.

Considering the regrets the UK has, I'd say none. I would proffer Ukraine will be added within the next five years.
There will be no Ukraine to admit to anything in a few more months if Moscow continues its offensive .

And in spite of America's fond delusions to the contrary, a decent thinking Englishman would not swap countries because it would mean learning a second language----- all for a country that has little or no culture to offer and where intellectual prowess is almost invisible.
Whether you like it or not , nearly all people who have sampled Americans en masse report --- hospitable but dense .

It is not fear of others. It is about raping, stabbing and looting criminals that flood the European continent while the responsible politicians cheer.
I actually listen to/watch British news media, and that's not what the callers and viewers are saying.

They now know they were duped by racist tropes into something that was against their own self-interest.

I actually listen to/watch British news media, and that's not what the callers and viewers are saying.

They now know they were duped by racist tropes into something that was against their own self-interest.
It is actually European standard that people who only mention migrant crime are labeled racists or nazis. It is simply a taboo subject. In Germany for example, people from the refugee group which makes up 3% of the population are responsible for 12% of the the crimes in the country according to the police statistics. But if you want to deport those they call you nazi and enemy of democracy, freedom and so on.

It is actually European standard that people who only mention migrant crime are labeled racists or nazis. It is simply a taboo subject. In Germany for example, people from the refugee group which makes up 3% of the population are responsible for 12% of the the crimes in the country according to the police statistics. But if you want to deport those they call you nazi and enemy of democracy, freedom and so on.
Are you, or them, as focused on the other 88% of the crime?

Forum List

Back