The Noah story is really about Jesus too

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
God was angry with mankind for all his sins, so he washed away sin by sending a flood and killing all human beings except for Noah and his immediate family.

But the flood did not accomplish the permanent washing away of all sin, because humanity survived through Noah and his family.

The permanent washing away of sin was through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. While there is still sin in the world afterwards, sins can now be redeemed through Christ's suffering.

In this way, many Old Testament stories can be seen as leading to the New Testament.

I could probably come up with many other examples.

7c612d81271de3ae054909affeb1250e.jpg

God was angry with mankind for all his sins, so he washed away sin by sending a flood and killing all human beings except for Noah and his immediate family.

What a dick move

Of all the outrageous stories in the bible, I hate this one the most.

He gives humans "free will" then tells them how to live. He gets pissed because people didn't do as he commanded so he just ups and murders every single person on the planet (except the religions who believe something else!).

Then, he gets this old drunk to screw his daughters to repopulate the earth even though the bible also says we all came from incestuous sex by Adam, Eve and the boys. Except, when that got inconvenient, they tacked on some tale about Lilith .............

What a disgusting story.

The same people who believe in this god, who WORSHIP this nasty, petulant, murderous god will also tell you they value fetuses, hate gays, vote for a president and a political party that is warring against the poorest among us.

:wtf:

But the flood did not accomplish the permanent washing away of all sin, because humanity survived through Noah and his family.

The permanent washing away of sin was through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. While there is still sin in the world afterwards, sins can now be redeemed through Christ's suffering.

In this way, many Old Testament stories can be seen as leading to the New Testament.

Hopefully god gets it right this time. One would have thought that he would have seen that the flood was going to be a failure. Maybe he did the flood thing just because he was having a bad day....

There is an irresolvable contradiction between the religion of the Almighty, The Triumph of Good vs Evil - Noah's parable and christianity's acquiescence to sin -

in that the deaths in the former can not be abridged by the latter by the same god.

Jesus paid for our sins on the cross. So we can sin all we want, that bill's already been paid. Thanks Jesus.

I thought most people didnt believe this actually happened. It being a metaphor is about the only sane and logical conclusion.

Not sure which is more far fetched: The Noah story or the talking snake.

How would they have known every person died, anyways? I mean, its not like global communication was a thing.

Forum List

Back