The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

No, dufus, a coup was threatned if he did surrender. The military did not want to surrender. Emperor Hirohito and his chief political adviser, Kido Koichi, stuck with the militarists and insisted on continuing with preparations for final battles on the home islands even in late June......As far as Hirohito: "But he still gave no indication that he was thinking in terms of an immediate surrender, let alone proposing peace to the nations he was actually fighting." I already gave you the link to this information, apparently you either can't read very well or comprehend what you read or just refuse to read any real history at all.
The Kyūjō incident (宮城事件, Kyūjō Jiken) was an attempted military coup d'état in the Empire of Japan at the end of the Second World War. It happened on the night of 14–15 August 1945, just before the announcement of Japan's surrender to the Allies. The coup was attempted by the Staff Office of the Ministry of War of Japan and many from the Imperial Guard to stop the move to surrender.

Kyūjō incident

Last edited:
Nuclear weapons will end any war. Yiu make the case to drop them on the first day of battle....to hasten the end of the war.

The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan.

— Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet, [91]
Be VERY SPECIFIC and LINK to this offer to surrender.

That's the point. 'Sue for peace' is not surrender. Japan should have surrendered.
It did. And we could have offered them a conditional surrender or even just waited 3 days for Russia to enter the war

But truman did not want Japan to surrender too quickly

He had a message to send to russia

So you accept that all the Japanese offered was a ceasefire and return to 41 start lines? Something the Allies would NEVER agree to.
No. We could have offered them the one condition we gave them anyway

Or just waited three days

They were open to the possibility of surrender

I'm right here and I have posted the facts
The fact is that Japan never surrendered before the bomb. The military wanted to fight for the homeland and threatned a coup if Hirohito surrendered. I gave you facts and links. Also, generals in the U.S. were mostly for the bomb before it was dropped but changed their stories after the bomb was dropped. Leahy comes to mind. It's easy to criticize AFTER the fact.

The fact is that Japan never surrendered before the bomb. The military wanted to fight for the homeland and threatned a coup if Hirohito surrendered. I gave you facts and links. Also, generals in the U.S. were mostly for the bomb before it was dropped but changed their stories after the bomb was dropped. Leahy comes to mind. It's easy to criticize AFTER the fact.
They actually attempted a coup when he did surrender. It did not stop him

I posted the link

I see no evidence for your claims

I'm right here and I have posted the facts
Why are you so desperate to believe that the nuclear attacks were not a good thing?

Why are you do desperate to believe that killing hundreds of thousands of civilians all at once is a bad thing?

I have no such problems. Civilians start the wars. Civilians sustain the wars. Civilians should die because of those wars.

Why are you so desperate to believe that the nuclear attacks were not a good thing?

Why are you do desperate to believe that killing hundreds of thousands of civilians all at once is a bad thing?

I have no such problems. Civilians start the wars. Civilians sustain the wars. Civilians should die because of those wars.
You're the guy that said we should have a preemptive attack on china today.....right?

I think you said limited nuclear exchange would be fine. Lol

Forum List

Back