The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Why didnt we? Why not just wait three days for the Russian invasion? They surrendered right after that.
They surrendered to the Russians Sept 3rd. Almost a month later. The idea that we only had to wait is untrue. We also do not know if Russia would of joined the war had we not dropped both bombs.

The Japanese were not going to surrender, the emperor did surrender, the generals and admirals fighting the war fought against the emperor's wish to surrender.

Last edited:
They surrendered to the Russians Sept 3rd. Almost a month later. The idea that we only had to wait is untrue. We also do not know if Russia would of joined the war had we not dropped both bombs.

The Japanese were not going to surrender, the emperor did surrender, the generals and admirals fighting the war fought against the emperor's wish to surrender.
They surrendered right after Russia invaded. You are only talking about the formal signing

The war was over when Russia entered in and they surrendered that day

Of course. As relatively mild a one as possible to destroy their nuclear arsenal.
I read an article in Foreign Affairs where two arms control experts said that U.S. could do so and kill as few as 800,000 Chinese. Probably less.
Nuke China to take out their nukes? That's an interesting proposal.

Under which circumstances do you propose we do that?

Should we do so from out of the blue without any provocation?

Should we do so as soon as they launch a conventional invasion of Taiwan?

Should we wait and only do so if they use a nuclear weapon first?

Some other scenario?

Nuke China to take out their nukes? That's an interesting proposal.

Under which circumstances do you propose we do that?

Should we do so from out of the blue without any provocation?

Should we do so as soon as they launch a conventional invasion of Taiwan?

Should we wait and only do so if they use a nuclear weapon first?

Some other scenario?
You guys just love nukes.

Pretty sure I have.
You haven't.

Nor could you have. Since it never even happened, no evidence exists to support that it happened.

Japan offered to surrender only after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

"Admiral William "Bull" Halsey, the tough and outspoken commander of the U.S. Third Fleet, which participated in the American offensive against the Japanese home islands in the final months of the war,"
I wasn't aware that we had launched our offensive against the Japanese home islands.

How many were killed in the invasion?

I do recall learning how Halsey took his forces off their post to go chasing after a decoy, leaving our invasion of the Philippines precariously unprotected and able to be smashed by the Japanese Navy.

Admiral Clifton Sprague was able to save the day by using superior tactics to do Halsey's job for him using a much smaller force.

Where is, repeat, where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders.

"publicly stated in 1946 that "the first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment." "
The poor guy didn't understand very much about wars.

When we go to war, we bomb the other country.

"The Japanese, he noted, had "put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before" the bomb was used."
Japan was free to surrender any time they wanted to.

Japan was the one who chose to wait until August 10 before ever offering to surrender.

"Contrary to popular belief, however, not all Pacific war veterans applaud the atomic annihilation of two Japanese cities.
Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "
The poor guy probably never received an education.

Had he done so, he would have known that the atomic bombs were dropped on vital military targets.

He should have taken advantage of the GI Bill when it was on offer. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

"Doug Dowd, a Pacific-theater rescue pilot who was slated to take an early part in the invasion of Japan if it had come to that, recently stated that it was clear in the final months of the war that the Japanese "had lost the ability to defend themselves." American planes "met little, and then virtually no resistance," Dowd recalled."
Japan had two million soldiers and ten thousand kamikazes waiting to pounce on our invading troops.

"He added, "It is well-known [now] that the Japanese were seeking to make a peace agreement well before Hiroshima." "
Japan's silly plot to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering was not something that was ever going to happen.

Japan needed to surrender in order to end the war. Japan only did that after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

President Dwight Eisenhower, the Allied commander in Europe during World War II, recalled in 1963, as he did on several other occasions, that he had opposed using the atomic bomb on Japan during a July 1945 meeting with Secretary of War Henry Stimson: "I told him I was against it on two counts. First, the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing. Second, I hated to see our country be the first to use such a weapon."
Eisenhower and Leahy must have been the most tedious whiners in human history.

I'm surprised that people didn't slap them when they started sniveling.

Fake news. Never happened.

Last edited:
You haven't.

Nor could you have. Since it never even happened, no evidence exists to support that it happened.

Japan offered to surrender only after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

I wasn't aware that we had launched our offensive against the Japanese home islands.

How many were killed in the invasion?

I do recall learning how Halsey took his forces off their post to go chasing after a decoy, leaving our invasion of the Philippines precariously unprotected and able to be smashed by the Japanese Navy.

Admiral Clifton Sprague was able to save the day by using superior tactics to do Halsey's job for him using a much smaller force.

Where is, repeat, where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders.

The poor guy didn't understand very much about wars.

When we go to war, we bomb the other country.

Japan was free to surrender any time they wanted to.

Japan was the one who chose to wait until August 10 before ever offering to surrender.

The poor guy probably never received an education.

Had he done so, he would have known that the atomic bombs were dropped on vital military targets.

He should have taken advantage of the GI Bill when it was on offer. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Japan had two million soldiers and ten thousand kamikazes waiting to pounce on our invading troops.

Japan's silly plot to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering was not something that was ever going to happen.

Japan needed to surrender in order to end the war. Japan only did that after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

Eisenhower and Leahy have to have been the most tedious whiners in human history.

I'm surprised that people didn't slap them when they started sniveling.

Didn't understand war. Absolutely priceless. LOL

You haven't.

Stop whining. I don't care

You can link to that article till the cows come home, it is not sourced and has no reference to any source for the claim.
The fact remains several of the top generals have said that Japan sued for peace and the war was over prior to the bombs

WRONG!
Japan had desperately been TRYING to surrender and we refused to communicate with them directly, and pretended confusion with the surrender attempts through the Soviets.
They were seeking surrender with conditions. The American public was righteously PISSED at what had been done to our soldiers and marines and there was never going to be anything less than an unconditional surrender that was acceptable. Need I remind you that even AFTER the first bomb, they STILL refused to surrender? They wanted guarantees that the Mikado be left in his place as ruler and it cost them a second bombing.
Those who believe America caused this war are free to believe it but reality says otherwise. The same people today would be saying that Ukraine caused the actions of the Russians. Disgusting. When ANY nation commits violence against another, the consequences fall on THEM.

They were seeking surrender with conditions. The American public was righteously PISSED at what had been done to our soldiers and marines and there was never going to be anything less than an unconditional surrender that was acceptable. Need I remind you that even AFTER the first bomb, they STILL refused to surrender? They wanted guarantees that the Mikado be left in his place as ruler and it cost them a second bombing.
Those who believe America caused this war are free to believe it but reality says otherwise. The same people today would be saying that Ukraine caused the actions of the Russians. Disgusting. When ANY nation commits violence against another, the consequences fall on THEM.
What is your take on all the military leaders who said the bomb was not needed?

Are you saying we should nuke russia to stop the war in ukraine?

Forum List

Back