The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.
Hey, I thought for sure that the political pressure would be such that they would have gotten a lesser degree conviction. Not because I thought he was guilty, but because politics in this country is out of control and all powerful.

I was wrong.

I'll try My best to get over it.

I thought the same and I said so here. Glad I didn't bet on it!:eek:

I lived in California at that time. Not far from Simi Valley. The jury was wrong in Simi Valley. Does that answer your question?

No, because if you'd read the OP's thread title, which is now gone because the thread was merged,

he implied that justice was done because of the verdict that was reached. He may now be backtracking.

Sure, and you agree with the slogan "No Justice, No peace." What brand of justice would you have rather seen? No wait, don't tell me.

These people never WANTED justice but a hanging. Never cared about the evidence...

How sad to be on the side of such idiocy?

That is what the guys who beat Rodney King thought.

Rodney King was not a self defense case.

A jury rendered finding of not guilty by reason of self defense provides immunity.

Immunity from civil litigation.

Immunity from federal charges.

Total immunity for any charge in relation to the shooting of Martin.

Very different from O.J. or Rodney King.

It's over.

But by all means, vent your frustrations.

Fair enough. Who is going to hire him now. Since I think he is guilty of murder I hope his life is shit from here on out.

FOX.

He can be the 'race relations' guy.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.
Hey, I thought for sure that the political pressure would be such that they would have gotten a lesser degree conviction. Not because I thought he was guilty, but because politics in this country is out of control and all powerful.

I was wrong.

I'll try My best to get over it.

I too was very wrong as I thought from being a former Iowan the jury member also a former Iowan would succumb to the "racist" component.

Obviously the FACTS in the case were so overwhelming that what ever racial bias the former Iowan had as well as the other members was
enough to declare him not guilty.

Just a note... Notice the finding was "NOT Guilty"...
The specific words mean "not enough evidence to convict under the requirements of manslaughter..(which by the way.. shouldn't it be politically correct to change it to "personslaughter"???)! This verdict doesn't say though he was "innocent"!

Yup. Kudos to the jury.

I think the defense thought women would be dumb and emotional. It's obvious Jesse Jackson thinks women are not capable jurors.

Right wing Zimmtards were begging, praying, salivating that angry blacks would riot en mass after hearing a not guilty verdict. They wanted to use their guns to shoot dead every black man on the street.

They are very very unhappy right now. Just goes to show you how guns are no friend of Liberty if they are used for tyranny by civilians.

The guys who beat Rodney King were acting under color of law in their capacity as police officers. The guys who beat Rodney King never alleged self-defense. Rodney King got 3.8 million from a lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles for negligent employment. Florida has a specific statute that provides for immunity from civil lawsuits when there is a successful self defense.

Any more questions?

Which is why they will probably file in a Federal Court.

Florida is fucking nuts.

You are grasping again...

What grounds are their for Federal jurisdiction for a civil trial?

Were Martin or Zimmerman government employees?

Is Twin Lakes community a secret Government installation?

Wait, what?

The fact Florida gives "immunity" to "self defense" cases from Civil Law suits are grounds enough.

This has likely already been pointed out, but Martin would have been too young to legally carry a gun.

In Florida, at least, young black men need to understand that the Zimmerman verdict is now part of SYG jurisprudence, that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling, where being black in certain neighborhoods means one is ‘in the wrong place.’

For black man aged 21 and older, yes, they need to take a concealed carry course and apply for a carry permit, and arm themselves accordingly.

that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling,

Yup, you can follow people, even if they're black.

And once armed..they can turn around and shoot that person in the face.

Claim it was self defense..and go on Hannity to say it was "God's Will".

:clap:

Will it be God's Will if Zimmerman accidentally hangs himself in his closet?

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Ease up on the broad brush there Bozo. MOST conservatives maintained that the police heard the story, interviewed the witnesses and talked to the DA and determined that GZ acted in self-defense. We resisted the liberal lynch mob.

In the end, the police, the DA, and as usual, the Conservatives were right.

He was overcharged.

But it also seems the standard for self defense in Florida is incredibly low.

One just has to "feel" like one is in danger.

That's pretty dangerous.

Hope the law gets challenged.

I hope the jury takes a few days to deliberate. I'd like to feel like they took this very seriously and spent time going over all evidence, the instructions from the judge and all testimony from both sides.

Yes..they did take it very seriously.

That decided that open season on black kids is just peachy.

They decided no such thing. What they decided is that, despite the hype, the state could not prove that Zimmerman set out with malice in his heart and killed someone. Frankly, that was a slam dunk from the beginning and anyone who doesn't admit that is a fool.

They also decided that the State failed to prove that Zimmerman intended to kill Martin, hence the not guilty on the manslaughter charge. In other words, they simply said that the state could not prove that Zimmerman intended to kill anyone. You cannot prove it either until you can tell me why anyone who wanted to kill someone would start by calling the cops and telling him when, and where, to find the body.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Yeah, we certainly know they wouldn't have accepted it if he was ruled guilty.

You are correct, and that's because all of the forensic evidence, most of the expert testimony, andmost of the eyewtness testimony, even the witnesses for the PROSECUTION, supported GZ's story. Anything other than Not Guilty would have been the wrong verdict. Yeah, an innocent man going to jail would not be acceptable.

This has likely already been pointed out, but Martin would have been too young to legally carry a gun.

In Florida, at least, young black men need to understand that the Zimmerman verdict is now part of SYG jurisprudence, that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling, where being black in certain neighborhoods means one is ‘in the wrong place.’

For black man aged 21 and older, yes, they need to take a concealed carry course and apply for a carry permit, and arm themselves accordingly.

that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling,

Yup, you can follow people, even if they're black.

And once armed..they can turn around and shoot that person in the face.

Claim it was self defense..and go on Hannity to say it was "God's Will".

:clap:

Yeah, you should shoot people who follow you, moron.

Right wing Zimmtards were begging, praying, salivating that angry blacks would riot en mass after hearing a not guilty verdict. They wanted to use their guns to shoot dead every black man on the street.

They are very very unhappy right now. Just goes to show you how guns are no friend of Liberty if they are used for tyranny by civilians.

Oh yeh---I see the tweets and news clips all over the place about it. Civilians are definitely sad that they couldn't kill people.

ARE YOU NUTS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back