The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Zimmerman get a job now? Nobody can hire him for fear the left will try to sue them or try to shut them down.

It's a shame that these people have to be so hateful and vindictive when they don't get their way. It's like watching Muslims acting up.

that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling,

Yup, you can follow people, even if they're black.

And once armed..they can turn around and shoot that person in the face.

Claim it was self defense..and go on Hannity to say it was "God's Will".

:clap:

Will it be God's Will if Zimmerman accidentally hangs himself in his closet?

Zimmerman's a sociopath.

There's a good chance he will kill another person.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Yeah, we certainly know they wouldn't have accepted it if he was ruled guilty.

If the verdict had been guilty they'd have tossed our criminal justice system in the river with a cement block tied around its neck.

Yes, because anything besides not guilty would have been the wrong verdict.

Which definition of 'justice' are you using?

I'm guessing the one where the rules of law and evidence are followed and a verdict is reached based on testimony and stuff rather than emotion and media reports...

When the cops in the Rodney King case were acquitted at the state level, and then convicted in the federal civil rights trial,

in which case was justice done, by your definition? Both? Neither? The first? The second?

Neither. They should have gone to jail for assault. When they weren't they should not have been charged with anything else because the Constitution specifically prohibits that.

It's over.

Debunked over and over this morning.

But I think it is healthy for you to vent your butthurt, therefore I approve this thread.

That is what the guys who beat Rodney King thought. Plus King got 3.8 million in a lawsuit.

The guys who beat Rodney King were acting under color of law in their capacity as police officers. The guys who beat Rodney King never alleged self-defense. Rodney King got 3.8 million from a lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles for negligent employment. Florida has a specific statute that provides for immunity from civil lawsuits when there is a successful self defense.

Any more questions?

He can request an immunity herring in which immunitty may or may not be granted. But the Martin Family can appeal the decision.

that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling,

Yeah, you should shoot people who follow you, moron.

Why not?

The guy following, in this case, shot the kid he was following.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.
Zimmerman should never have been charged. The exculpatory evidence was overwhelming. Had it not been for attention whore politicians and media personalities intervening and brushing aside what was a thorough local police investigation that had also found Zimmerman not guilty, this circus would never have happened.

Of course we know that the president and the left in general will never miss an opportunity to divide Americans along racial and economic lines, in order to reap the benefits.

And now they are cheapening the memory of famed civil rights leaders like Dr Martin Luther King Jr by invoking their names in a case that had absolutely nothing to do about race.

Someone should remind them the children's story about a boy that cried wolf.

Exactly.

Zimmerman's a sociopath.

Well arm yourself and be prepared. It's all you can do.
( other than bizarre histrionic posting )

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.

Ya know, you are such a pompous cock smoker that one would think that you are a Cclayton jones sock. You did nothing but parrot shit posted by others and spew the shit put out on the news. Its obvious you are fishing for a slap on the back, so I'll throw you a pos rep because you need them so bad. You are about stupid. Here you go, here is some pity rep since you are asking so blatantly.

Wow, coming from you that almost hurt. You're gonna sit there and call me all sorts of names and insult me, then accuse me of being a sock. Clayton is a liberal asskisser, I will have nothing to do with him. If I were "fishing for a slap on the back" I would be whining like mamooth is on his little bitchy thread in another forum. I don't need slaps on the back, I don't even care, I post here to engage in intelligent conversation. I didn't ask for anybody's approval.

Oh but hey, you must be jealous that an OP got so much attention. Go sit in the corner and pout like a little child if you feel that way. Your cry for attention did not go unnoticed, though. Here is return rep for being the self aggrandizing prick that you are. This is almost self-projection the more I read it! I'll ignore this little spat now, and move on with other things. I'm in a lot of pain right now with a bad back, so if we ever have this little discussion again, I'll slap you with a neg.

He's a liberal and he's been badly butthurt. He'll get over it in a while.

This has likely already been pointed out, but Martin would have been too young to legally carry a gun.

In Florida, at least, young black men need to understand that the Zimmerman verdict is now part of SYG jurisprudence, that one can be pursued by an armed private citizen, absent any evidence of wrongdoing, even in the context of racial profiling, where being black in certain neighborhoods means one is ‘in the wrong place.’

For black man aged 21 and older, yes, they need to take a concealed carry course and apply for a carry permit, and arm themselves accordingly.

I see you've totally degenerated into slobbering incoherence.....well, it was bound to happen.....

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

Double Jeopardy. Charges may be different, but on the same incident. That dog won't hunt.

The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides, "No person shall … be subject for the same offence [sic] to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb." This provision, known as the Double Jeopardy Clause, prohibits state and federal governments from prosecuting individuals for the same crime on more than one occasion, or imposing more than one punishment for a single offense. Each of the 50 states offers similar protection through its own constitution, statutes, and Common Law.
double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

That is not how it works.

I want to point out that you actually have a firm grasp of what double jeopardy is, and how it should be applied. Even Elena Kagan, and I, agrees with you. Unfortunately the rest of the justice system doesn't, which is why they were able to bring charges against the cops in the Rodney King case even after they were acquitted.

Zimmerman's a sociopath.

72 people shot on a holiday weekend in one city, any white on white there, or white on black? whats the matter? the body count wasn't high enough or they weren't the right color?

see, 2 can play that stupid game.....

That is what the guys who beat Rodney King thought. Plus King got 3.8 million in a lawsuit.

The guys who beat Rodney King were acting under color of law in their capacity as police officers. The guys who beat Rodney King never alleged self-defense. Rodney King got 3.8 million from a lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles for negligent employment. Florida has a specific statute that provides for immunity from civil lawsuits when there is a successful self defense.

Any more questions?

He can request an immunity herring in which immunitty may or may not be granted. But the Martin Family can appeal the decision.

Please. Stop talking and start thinking.

776.032 Florida Statutes: Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

Last edited:
When the cops in the Rodney King case were acquitted at the state level, and then convicted in the federal civil rights trial,

in which case was justice done, by your definition? Both? Neither? The first? The second?

I lived in California at that time. Not far from Simi Valley. The jury was wrong in Simi Valley. Does that answer your question?

No, because if you'd read the OP's thread title, which is now gone because the thread was merged,

he implied that justice was done because of the verdict that was reached. He may now be backtracking.

You should go back and read where the OP explained what his original thread title was.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Actually you swallowed NBC's story hook, line, & sinker without even questioning it, then when the facts started coming out you totally ignored them. It doesn't matter to you that NBC used a doctored patch-job of a audio tape to help indict Zimmerman. It's like this with everything. You never question the acts nor the motives of the mainstream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back