The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people are trying to make the Trevon Martin shooting a story
of a black kid minding his own business being shot in cold blood because he was black.

Such BS....

Makes ya wonder. A lot of the people claiming this are pretty high profile folks. Are they seriously willing to toss out sanity to suck up to the black race ? That's the mindblower. These people aren't stupid. They just hate.

Do you believe that George Zimmerman committed a crime and should have been convicted of a crime?

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man because he falsely believed he was a criminal.

He then questioned the young man about why he was there, as if he was law enforcement.

Finally, he shot the young man dead after they got into a scuffle.

His final action may have been to defend himself, but should he have still been found guilty of a crime by aggressively and angrily following this innocent young man in the first place, thereby starting the whole incident?

I believe that he unneededly started the whole incident, that led to the death of someone who was simply walking home. When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

Your complete ignorance of the facts in the case is showing clearly.

Civil charges are a stretch. Will get a SYG hearing that has a much lower burden of proof and after a not guilty verdict can see him getting this ruling in his favor. If this ruling is in his favor he has immunity from civil charges.

Fed charges are also a stretch. Hate crime laws are almost exclusively linked to government agents. If GZ would have been a cop there could be very good chance of charges. However, as a private citizen he is almost sure not to be charged by the Feds. It probably didn't help their case when the special prosecutor says this was never about race. There isn't any new evidence. It wasn't proven he was a racist in the trial, and the same burden of reasonable doubt would apply to Fed charges.

You are quite naive if you think that Obama and Holder have any respect for a fair application of the law. Just charging someone with a slew of violations leads to at least one of them sticking...a form of legal "compromise", which actually denies the defendant proper due process. This is the game they will likely play. With such a complicated legal buffet, the government can get anyone for something or other...and do it in such a way that the powerless defendant's life is ruined.

And once armed..they can turn around and shoot that person in the face.

Claim it was self defense..and go on Hannity to say it was "God's Will".

:clap:

I see you've totally degenerated into slobbering incoherence.....well, it was bound to happen.....

Oh my.

Another well thought out, astute post by our resident Roman statue.

Good times..good times.

:lol: pot kettle

Obama's verdict speech. Couldn't see that coming. What a fn hypocrite.

Obama on Zimmerman verdict: 'A jury has spoken' - First Read

>>President Barack Obama urged Americans to keep calm in the wake of Saturday's jury verdict finding George Zimmerman not guilty of charges associated with the controversial shooting death of black teen Trayvon Martin.
"I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher," Obama said Sunday in a statement. "

Here's the part about the gun agenda:

Obama said: "And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Last edited:
Zimmerman mentored young black students.
Zimmerman took a young black girl to one of his proms.
Zimmerman has black friends.

On Thursday, the Justice Department released a report showing that George Zimmerman, a Florida neighborhood watch guard who is being charged with second degree murder for shooting 17-year-old Travyon Martin while on duty, is not racist.

The report reveals over 30 interviews showing that the Zimmerman is not racist, an argument held strong by prosecutors in charging him with the killing of Martin, an African-American.

FBI agents asked each of the interviewees whether Zimmerman "displayed any bias, prejudice or irrational attitude against any class of citizen, religious, racial, gender or ethnic groups,". The report showed that none of the 30 plus interviewees answered affirmative to show of any bias.

maybe if Zimmerman wrote a (ghosted) book about his "roots" ,

zimmerman-family-grandfather-grandmother-mother-as-child.jpg

he'd get more slack on that whiteness thing?

I heard that the NYT has now labeled GZ as a "White Black/Hispanic".

:razz:you're kidding right? Not that I would be surprised ...;)

I see you've totally degenerated into slobbering incoherence.....well, it was bound to happen.....

Does he ever leave it? I've never seen anything else from him.

Another in the Greek Chorus chimes in.

You folks should read the Allegory of the Cave.

Because it really is appropriate to modern conservatism.

He was overcharged.

But it also seems the standard for self defense in Florida is incredibly low.

One just has to "feel" like one is in danger.

That's pretty dangerous.

Hope the law gets challenged.

Yeah, imagine getting beaten, your nose broken, your head slammed into the pavement and than feeling like your in danger.

You are a stupid putz.

Oh my.

Another well thought out, astute post by our resident Roman statue.

Good times..good times.

you get what you deserve, you're basically a whack, so embrace it, you'll be happier I bet....

Coyote...

Trayvon was on top beating Zimmermans head into the ground....Understand?

Zimmerman was stalking Trayvon.

Pretty scary.

You do understand that the definition of stalking requires that the following and harassing continue over a period of time that is a lot longer than one night, don't you?

Did Zimmerman follow Martin? Yes.

Did Zimmerman harass Martin? Possibly, though the evidence I have seen doesn't really support that contention I am willing to admit that Martin could have viewed it that way under the circumstances.

Did Zimmerman stalk Martin. No, he did not. If the prosecution had any evidence that Zimmerman had seen Martin before that night they could have used it to make the case that Zimmerman was deliberately targeting Martin, and used it to bolster their case for murder.

Read it.
Maybe JayZ could sponsor a concert in memory of Baby Trayvon and used the proceeds to arm blacks all over the world.

Why would that be ideal?

People wouldn't have to harassed and then drawn into being killed like Trayvon was. There are many murders where people suffer horrible fates. The ravages of war would end for real in that case. There are millions if not billions who have one illness or another that makes their lives miserable. I understand plenty of people have great lives, but if no one were left, how'd they be missed? Misery would end peacefully, and the only sacrifice would be there wouldn't be children for a period of time. Why do people commit suicide? And it's common for people not want to be alive at all, though how many can only be guessed at. Why continue to turn out people that ultimately won't want to live? Of course, children love life, but that is short in comparison to the long languishing adulthood of so many.

You need to get your ass to a shrink, ASAP.

Ending ALL the world's suffering or saying it is an ideal is wrong? Preventing more "murders" like Trayvon's is wrong? What kind of apple pie world are you living in? Are we even talking about reality? You have no compassion. Isn't that something to go to a shrink for? GTFO

You must support our totalitarian world, where the only solution is war and ever more that is how we are solving our problems. Did you or do you support all our current wars? I never did, not in Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya.

Giving birth to someone could be considered murder since you are dooming an innocent life to death. Who is ultimately responsible? I don't necessarily think it is murder or am trying to convince anyone it is, but it's a comment, nothing more.

Last edited:
The man was found innocent and people are still lying. Wow.

He is guilty as sin in my eyes. He was found not guilty because the prosecution stuffed up.

The prosecution fucked up when they charged him with murder. They could have charged him with manslaughter and made a halfway decent case for that, then they wouldn't have argued that they had a case for felony child abuse.

so, you're down to repeating something you overheard from educated folks on the subway?

try the thread you started; 72 shootings, 1 Red city, 1 long weekend...whats the matter? to tough for you Playdoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back