The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And once armed..they can turn around and shoot that person in the face.

Claim it was self defense..and go on Hannity to say it was "God's Will".

:clap:

Yeah, you should shoot people who follow you, moron.

If you are being followed by someone who is armed, motivated solely by the belief that all male blacks are potential violent criminals, then any black person in such a situation should be armed himself and prepared to indeed defend himself using lethal force.

This is the current case law in Florida, blacks living in the state need to understand this and prepare accordingly to protect themselves as authorized by this case law.

I believe most black male 17 year olds already carry a weapon

What should he have been charged with?

Is there any crime in any state that clearly covers what he did?

It should be a crime to angrily and aggressively follow an innocent minor and then end up killing them. I don't care if the minor chose to attack you.

Probably:

Criminally negligent manslaughter[edit]

Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim. It is most common in the case of professionals who are grossly negligent in the course of their employment. An example is where a doctor fails to notice a patient's oxygen supply has disconnected and the patient dies (R v Adomako).
Manslaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool.

Zimmerman was negligent when he angrily and aggressively followed Martin.

When you're pumped with anger and hostility due to past burglars getting away, you are not in the right mind to go following young men you believe are criminals. He should have stood back and just called the cops.

He was negligent. His negligence led to a death. Negligent Manslaughter should have been his charge.

Please sir, put the bong on the ground and step away from your keyboard.

You have far exceeded the legal limit for toking and posting...evidenced by your severely impaired judgement.

Last edited:
Do you believe that George Zimmerman committed a crime and should have been convicted of a crime?

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man because he falsely believed he was a criminal.

He then questioned the young man about why he was there, as if he was law enforcement.

Finally, he shot the young man dead after they got into a scuffle.

His final action may have been to defend himself, but should he have still been found guilty of a crime by aggressively and angrily following this innocent young man in the first place, thereby starting the whole incident?

I believe that he unneededly started the whole incident, that led to the death of someone who was simply walking home. When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.
Hey, reality check!!! Have you ever had to confront a fricken burglar in your home? I'm here to tell you it isn't fun. And guess what he never came back, but I didn't sleep well for 6 years.

Trayvon Martin was expelled from school for having a locker full of stolen jewelry, and as if that wasn't a lesson, he went after more in his newly-earned spare time by amassing more stolen jewelry and proudly taking a picture of it when it was found on his cell phone by police detectives.

Hey, burglary is what it is--a nightmare. And every shred of evidence that was suppressed showed the truth on Trayvon. He was a rotten thief, hard to the core and with an agenda to make sure nobody caught him in a neighborhood that was known for many burglary hits. Plus his phone told the truth on him. He was so arrogant he proudly took pictures of his free haul off other people in the gated community he had access to through relatives.

Don't you lecture this board on how poor little Trayvon never did anybody harm. He almost killed a man the night he was killed, and the results are not in as to whether his brain was permanently damaged, the damage of which may not appear for days or years. Ask any neurologist about shaken baby syndrome or taking a series of whacks to the head. He drew blood the blows were so hard.

Trayvon Martin was prevented from killing a man because the man was armed.

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

I don't see, even Holder/Obama doing this.

It would disappoint me greatly....

Agreed. However. . .

I don't know, the government seems to look for every opportunity to nullify the protections of the Bill of Rights. That being said, in a perfect world, according to most sober people's interpretation of the constitution, I do believe that would be "double jeopardy."

Double Jeopardy Clause

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Double Jeopardy Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides: "[N]or shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb . . . ."[1] The four essential protections included are prohibitions against, for the same offense:

retrial after an acquittal;
retrial after a conviction;
retrial after certain mistrials; and
multiple punishment

Jeopardy attaches in jury trial when the jury is empaneled and sworn in, in a bench trial when the court begins to hear evidence after the first witness is sworn in, or when a court accepts a defendant's plea unconditionally.[2] Jeopardy does not attach in a retrial of a conviction that was reversed on appeal on procedural grounds (as opposed to evidentiary insufficiency grounds), in a retrial for which "manifest necessity" has been shown following a mistrial, and in the seating of a second grand jury if the first refuses to return an indictment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy_Clause

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

But the threshold in most states is 21 for CCW.

It is usually illegal for any minor to own a firearm, handguns specifically are illegal for minors to own or possess without adult supervision.

Then Black teens should arm themselves with blowguns, poison darts and arrows!
Seriously, though, if Black teens can save their lives with an illegal firearm I don't give a shit. At least they will be alive to stand trial.

All 3 stooges look like they ate a bug now, must be the dread of the impending momma whipping.

Prosecution "disappointed" with George Zimmerman verdict - CBS News Video

I think what they may really be worried about is the hearing that is coming up about the evidence they kept away from the defense. The prosecutors have to answer to that. Not gonna be a great day for them.

Especially now that they fired their IT expert.

Who blew the whistle.

*Bearded Spock alert*

We must be living in an alternative Universe when this is considered to be the voice of morality.

Trayvon supporters take to the streets of DC [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
Treyvon-Rally-308-e1373801596718.jpg

The prosecution could have tried this one, but they were so unprofessional it still would have gone nowhere.

"782.11 Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act.—Whoever shall unnecessarily kill another, either while resisting an attempt by such other person to commit any felony, or to do any other unlawful act, or after such attempt shall have failed, shall be deemed guilty of manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."
782.11 - - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

Agreed. However. . .

I don't know, the government seems to look for every opportunity to nullify the protections of the Bill of Rights. That being said, in a perfect world, according to most sober people's interpretation of the constitution, I do believe that would be "double jeopardy."

Double Jeopardy Clause

The Double Jeopardy Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides: "[N]or shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb . . . ."[1] The four essential protections included are prohibitions against, for the same offense:

multiple punishment

Jeopardy attaches in jury trial when the jury is empaneled and sworn in, in a bench trial when the court begins to hear evidence after the first witness is sworn in, or when a court accepts a defendant's plea unconditionally.[2] Jeopardy does not attach in a retrial of a conviction that was reversed on appeal on procedural grounds (as opposed to evidentiary insufficiency grounds), in a retrial for which "manifest necessity" has been shown following a mistrial, and in the seating of a second grand jury if the first refuses to return an indictment.

It's not double jeopardy. In this case double jeopardy would apply that the state of Florida can't charge him again. The Fed is of different sovereignty. However, for them to have the ability to prosecute on murder charges, GZ, TM or that neighborhood would have to be state actors or state property. Civil rights charges are only applicable if they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt GZ acted in a racist motivation when killing TM. Kind of hard to prove that when he was have been shown to lawfully acting in self-defense.

Agreed. However. . .

Double Jeopardy Clause

multiple punishment

It's not double jeopardy. In this case double jeopardy would apply that the state of Florida can't charge him again. The Fed is of different sovereignty. However, for them to have the ability to prosecute on murder charges, GZ, TM or that neighborhood would have to be state actors or state property. Civil rights charges are only applicable if they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt GZ acted in a racist motivation when killing TM. Kind of hard to prove that when he was have been shown to lawfully acting in self-defense.

Let's remember now, filing civil charges requires that Zimmerman held a hostile bias against Martin. It was proven in court that he didn't. The Martin Family lost their son, and their case, and now they are grasping for straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back