The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly, but there are two more on the horizon: criminal stalking, and criminal civil rights violation

And they won't be tried by the good white folk of Sanford FL under Florida Law - but the Justice Department using Federal law.

Zimmerman has cause to worry ...

:)

If they could have charged him with "criminal stalking" they would have. Fact of the matter: Zimmerman stalked no one.
As for civil rights violation, it was already established it was not racially motivated, so no case.
But dream on.

But you'll have to do it alone. Your rep rating shows that you contribute nothing but inanity and stupidity to any discussion. Your opinions are based on facts that exist only in your head.
Get lost.

Stalking is a criminal civil rights violation, as is profiling, and denying a person a right to life.

The State will not be involved in the DOJ civil rights actions against Zimmerman.

18 USCS § 2261A. Stalking. (2013)
Whoever--
(1) travels in interstate or foreign commerce or is present within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or enters or leaves Indian country, with the intent to kill, injure, harass, intimidate, or place under surveillance with intent to kill, injure, harass, or intimidate another person, and in the course of, or as a result of, such travel or presence engages in conduct that--

(A) places that person in reasonable fear of the death of, or serious bodily injury to--

(i) that person;

(ii) an immediate family member (as defined in section 115) of that person; or

(iii) a spouse or intimate partner of that person; or

(B) causes, attempts to cause, or would be reasonably expected to cause substantial emotional distress to a person described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of subparagraph (A); or

(2) with the intent to kill, injure, harass, intimidate, or place under surveillance with intent to kill, injure, harass, or intimidate another person, uses the mail, any interactive computer service or electronic communication service or electronic communication system of interstate commerce, or any other facility of interstate or foreign commerce to engage in a course of conduct that--

(A) places that person in reasonable fear of the death of or serious bodily injury to a person described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of paragraph (1)(A); or

(B) causes, attempts to cause, or would be reasonably expected to cause substantial emotional distress to a person described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of paragraph (1)(A),

shall be punished as provided in section 2261(b) of this title.
So, as we see above, Federal law does not apply, unless there is a so far, unmentioned Indian reservation at the community where this took place.

Let's move to Florida stalking laws, OK?

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.
(c) “Credible threat” means a verbal or nonverbal threat, or a combination of the two, including threats delivered by electronic communication or implied by a pattern of conduct, which places the person who is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person, and which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm. It is not necessary to prove that the person making the threat had the intent to actually carry out the threat. The present incarceration of the person making the threat is not a bar to prosecution under this section.

So, seeing Zimmerman only followed Martin on one unique occasion, Florida stalking charges are out as well.

links:

Federal stalking statute

Florida stalking statute

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts do not constitute the entirety of the Northern States.

And Maryland as much as we loathe to admit it, is a Southern State.

Rtc2.gif

File:Rtc2.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now you have a problem with "States" rights?

:lol:

Not at all...I take umbrage at New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts being characterized as making up the entirety of the Northern States, which I think I made abundantly clear.

Black, white, green, red, brown, purple, yellow, orange.

North, South, East, West.

Red State, Blue State.

Urban, suburban, rural.

Rich, poor, middle class.

From purple mountains majesty, across the fruited plains, from sea to shining sea.

All encompassingly I support everyones right to arm themselves for the purpose of self defense and the defense of others wherever they may legally do so.

Is this in any way unclear.

Made what abundantly clear?

Personally, I think that if the law allows it, you should be able to have a gun for home defense and defense of a business.

Carrying guns in the streets is a fool errand, regardless of what the law is..in my opinion.

It was tried in the wild west with disastrous results.

And every country where there is abundance of guns..there are an abundance of death by guns.

Maybe you are projecting your hurt feelings ?

You're dumber than I first thought. Why would I have hurt feelings?

I'll take that as a compliment. Maybe you have not accepted Obama's total defeat of the the massive Republican effort to make Obama a one term President. Maybe you think this trial ,that affects no one, is hurting liberals the way Obama has hurt you?

And this thread of yours belongs in the Law and Justice forum, why?

If Trayvon had been a white child and Zimmerman a Black man he would have been charged immediately and the would have been found guilty of first degree premeditated murder with special circumstances because he was a child and he would have got the death sentence.
Zimmermans's own words and action will convict him of a hate crime. Which he can be charge and tried for. Afro-American leader will not let this child death be in vain. There will also be a investigation of Trayvon's civil right be violated by the sheriff department,etc.

We know that you hate hispanics because they may get a piece of the obama stash you feel belongs to you. Other than that, no one takes you seriously, OK Dee Dee?

Do you believe that George Zimmerman committed a crime and should have been convicted of a crime?

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man because he falsely believed he was a criminal.

He then questioned the young man about why he was there, as if he was law enforcement.

Finally, he shot the young man dead after they got into a scuffle.

His final action may have been to defend himself, but should he have still been found guilty of a crime by aggressively and angrily following this innocent young man in the first place, thereby starting the whole incident?

I believe that he unneededly started the whole incident, that led to the death of someone who was simply walking home. When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

It's over.

Debunked over and over this morning.

But I think it is healthy for you to vent your butthurt, therefore I approve this thread.

That is what the guys who beat Rodney King thought. Plus King got 3.8 million in a lawsuit.

The guys who beat Rodney King were acting under color of law in their capacity as police officers. The guys who beat Rodney King never alleged self-defense. Rodney King got 3.8 million from a lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles for negligent employment. Florida has a specific statute that provides for immunity from civil lawsuits when there is a successful self defense.

Any more questions?

Which is why they will probably file in a Federal Court.

Florida is fucking nuts.

Possibly, but there are two more on the horizon: criminal stalking, and criminal civil rights violation

And they won't be tried by the good white folk of Sanford FL under Florida Law - but the Justice Department using Federal law.

Zimmerman has cause to worry ...

Stalking, is now federal?

Civil rights? I'm not seeing a case, why do you make this statement?

Excuse me? USA Today - 1 hour ago

Civil rights leaders seek new charges against Zimmerman

Angry civil rights groups on Sunday were pressing for new criminal charges following George Zimmerman's acquittal on second-degree murder and manslaughter in a Florida courtroom.

The NAACP website featured an online petition asking the Justice Department to bring federal charges against Zimmerman in the February 2012 fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," the petition says. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights (criminal) charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation."

Civil rights leaders seek new charges against Zimmerman

George Zimmerman is a rock star, and Hispanics are now honorary whites. Your numbers just got readjusted!

Truthbreaker420 is not the first moonbat moron on the interwebs, nor will he be the last.

So now you have a problem with "States" rights?

:lol:

Not at all...I take umbrage at New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts being characterized as making up the entirety of the Northern States, which I think I made abundantly clear.

Black, white, green, red, brown, purple, yellow, orange.

North, South, East, West.

Red State, Blue State.

Urban, suburban, rural.

Rich, poor, middle class.

From purple mountains majesty, across the fruited plains, from sea to shining sea.

All encompassingly I support everyones right to arm themselves for the purpose of self defense and the defense of others wherever they may legally do so.

Is this in any way unclear.

Made what abundantly clear?

Personally, I think that if the law allows it, you should be able to have a gun for home defense and defense of a business.

Carrying guns in the streets is a fool errand, regardless of what the law is..in my opinion.

It was tried in the wild west with disastrous results.

And every country where there is abundance of guns..there are an abundance of death by guns.

Blacks should arm themselves anyway---whitey is evil 10 or 20 of em with lots of ammo

That is what the guys who beat Rodney King thought.

Rodney King was not a self defense case.

A jury rendered finding of not guilty by reason of self defense provides immunity.

Immunity from civil litigation.

Immunity from federal charges.

Total immunity for any charge in relation to the shooting of Martin.

Very different from O.J. or Rodney King.

It's over.

But by all means, vent your frustrations.

Fair enough. Who is going to hire him now. Since I think he is guilty of murder I hope his life is shit from here on out.

Different perspectives.

I see a guy who was trying to protect his community from crime.

I see a guy who stood up for a homeless black man against the police.

I see a family man, a student, an working man who was trying to improve himself.

Zimmerman was trying to do good things, IMO.

Martin, I don't know.

There is no doubt he was on the wrong path.

Did he attack Zimmerman? Yes.

Was it provoked?

Good question.

If it was just following, the answer is no...absolutely not.

Just confronting? No.

Just arguing? No.

Even accusing...the answer is no...not provoked.

If Zimmerman put his hands on Martin, grabbed him...whatever...THAT would be provocation.

Will we ever know if that happened or didn't happen for sure? No.

But we know from previous recorded 911 calls that Zimmerman specifically said he had no interest in personal contact with those he called in on.

The evidence tells use Zimmerman had no intention of causing Martin harm.

The evidence tells us that the event that instigated the shooting was not following, not Zimmerman getting out of the car, not the confrontation...but the attack.

The physical attack and the continued physical attack.

That was the event that, had it not occurred, there would have been no shooting.

Had Martin de-escalated his attack after John Good showed up...there would have been no shooting.

The police would have shown up, taken statements, and everyone would have survived the encounter.

But Martin continued the attack, even after reinforcements arrived.

And that gave Zimmerman no choice if he truly was in fear of death or grievous harm.

That's not my opinion...that's the law.

hey genius I live in Florida most people here are from up north

Don't try to confuse them with facts and logic. Just point and laugh. If they were capable of rational thought, they wouldn't be liberals.

it's better than being a bigot like you.

Bigot huh. Bigots hype up mass hysteria to get a man arrested on trumped up charges. Bigots label someone a racist when there is no proof of such. Bigots make assumptions about people they don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back