The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i happened to catch some HLN this afternoon

there was a panel of four discussing the zimmerman case (go figure right--LOL)

anyways one of them says "if he would have stayed in is car after the dispatcher told him not to get out ..."

not one person of the panel even bothered to correct it

such a misleading network

and this is why i try and stick to the internet

LOL...there are so many skewed opinions based off of bad info...its ridiculous. And on the panel? LOL.

Last edited:
So no one is actually listening to the trial....

Switching to different venue.

Is that you in the photo, Testy? Very cute.
And Pshaw, tetanus shots do not hurt. You must have had someone administer it who wasn't very good at it.

Actually, after the last tetanus shot I got, going on 10 years ago, my arm hurt for a long time after. I did some research on it and there was a site, I believe it was government, and if my arm continued to hurt for like three or months after the shot, I might be eligible for some monetary compensation. I was getting ready to submit my case when about two days before the three months were up...my arm quit hurting. : ) Damn!

Maybe it has improved since then, or I am incredibly lucky and/or had an experienced nurse, or you guys are incredibly unlucky and/or had an inexperienced nurse? No pain, for me, at the site during or after the shot.

And Pshaw, tetanus shots do not hurt. You must have had someone administer it who wasn't very good at it.

Actually, after the last tetanus shot I got, going on 10 years ago, my arm hurt for a long time after. I did some research on it and there was a site, I believe it was government, and if my arm continued to hurt for like three or months after the shot, I might be eligible for some monetary compensation. I was getting ready to submit my case when about two days before the three months were up...my arm quit hurting. : ) Damn!

Maybe it has improved since then, or I am incredibly lucky and/or had an experienced nurse, or you guys are incredibly unlucky and/or had an inexperienced nurse? No pain, for me, at the site during or after the shot.

Nope! Freaking feels like I got socked in the arm today. Stoopid thing to happen.

You are no better than the rest of us Liability. The above statement assumes that Trayvon physically confronted Zimmerman. It could be very well be that Zimmerman physically confronted Trayvon face-to-face.

True, however all that indicates is that Zimmerman got his nose busted. It does not indicate who started it.

True, however all that indicates is that Zimmerman didn't cause injuries. It does not indicate who started it.

True, however all that indicates is that Zimmerman was on the bottom during a struggle. It does not indicate who started it.

None of those facts indicate who started the altercation.

What evidence do you have (besides Zimmerman's story, the man charged with the crime and who has been known to lie to the court) that it was not Zimmerman who was engaging in the physical?

Agreed.

Agreed, yet in this post you assume it was Martin that started the physical.

Great.

Without using Zimmerman's story, please provide the rational basis supported by 3rd party evidence, physical or forensic evidence that provides a rational basis for assuming Trayvon was the physical aggressor.

Of course it is play, no doubt about it. I don't claim to be a lawyer, but my understanding is that the prosecution will make a case that a crime was committed and Zimmerman was the party that committed that crime. Then Zimmerman will make an affirmative defense that it was self-defense and therefore warrants immunity. The burden will then shift back to the prosecution to prove that under Florida Statutes Zimmerman does not qualify for such immunity. Now if they have a witness that had a well lighted and unobstructed view of the shot being fired while Martin is on top - then they don't have much of a rebuttal to the self-defense claim.

On the other hand **if** none of the witnesses actually observed the shot being fired, the prosecution can make a case that Zimmerman was the initial aggressor and that lack of GSR, lack of blood on his jacket, and the biomechanics of the bullet trajectory indicated that either Martin was attempting to break contact or Zimmerman had pushed him off to the side. At that point instead of attempting to end hostilities or escape he decided to pull his weapon and fire it into Martin's chest with foll arm extension (which explains the lack of GSR and blood) - he had given up his self-defense immunity.

Fundamentally I agree though, we don't know at this point what information the jury will have in making it's decision and the reasonable person makes no assumptions.

>>>>
If Zimmerman had not followed Martin there would not have been a fight.

if martin had not got suspended from school

he would not have been there that night

how far back ya want to go --LOL
To our common ancestor.

You're speaking of SYG "immunity" under that law vs self defense. Two different things. Defense waived SYG hearing "immunity". Self defense prima facia and prosecution proving it was NOT self defense is different than SYG.

Test...

WorldWatcher said:
No I'm speaking of self-defense and it has nothing to do with SYG. 776.012, 775.013, and 776.031 are the self defense provisions and cover SYG by not requiring retreat. 776.041 says the preceding sections (list above) do not apply to people that are the initial aggressor. Review 776.041 for the full explanation.

...ing.

You're speaking of SYG "immunity" under that law vs self defense. Two different things. Defense waived SYG hearing "immunity". Self defense prima facia and prosecution proving it was NOT self defense is different than SYG.

Test...

WorldWatcher said:
No I'm speaking of self-defense and it has nothing to do with SYG. 776.012, 775.013, and 776.031 are the self defense provisions and cover SYG by not requiring retreat. 776.041 says the preceding sections (list above) do not apply to people that are the initial aggressor. Review 776.041 for the full explanation.

...ing.

this case is properly set as a self defense case

a SYG defense would mean that one had a chance to retreat and did not

zimmerman claims he did not have that chance

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone know if Z jury sel starts at 9:00 local time or later today? I still have the skyscrapers up, which is odd when it begins at 9:00. ??? Thanks!

@25caliber -

I remember that you posted that police custody interview with Zimmerman and were wondering, as I was after seeing it, whether GZ was reaching for his phone or his gun. It looked like either could have been true. If I remember correctly, on the video, Z demonstrated himself reaching to his waist with his RIGHT hand to get his phone. I see in court that he writes with his LEFT hand. That leads me to believe he's left hand dominant and would holster his gun on his left side, not his right. So phone on his right, gun on his left.

This has no bearing on what TM would have thought to see him reaching since he wouldn't have known GZ was left-handed. But maybe that will help us determine whether or not GZ was being honest about not drawing his weapon on TM at that time.

If I'm wrong about the right-handed phone reach on the video, since I'm going from memory, then this post is stupid and I apologize.

Or maybe you were too young to remember? A shot to the muscle can leave the feeling of a deep bruise sometimes for several days.

@25caliber -

I remember that you posted that police custody interview with Zimmerman and were wondering, as I was after seeing it, whether GZ was reaching for his phone or his gun. It looked like either could have been true. If I remember correctly, on the video, Z demonstrated himself reaching to his waist with his RIGHT hand to get his phone. I see in court that he writes with his LEFT hand. That leads me to believe he's left hand dominant and would holster his gun on his left side, not his right. So phone on his right, gun on his left.

This has no bearing on what TM would have thought to see him reaching since he wouldn't have known GZ was left-handed. But maybe that will help us determine whether or not GZ was being honest about not drawing his weapon on TM at that time.

If I'm wrong about the right-handed phone reach on the video, since I'm going from memory, then this post is stupid and I apologize.

He wore his holster on his right side.

@25caliber -

maybe

i am left hand dominate yet i shoot firearms bows and darts right handed

however i do believe the autopsy and such has indicated he used his right hand

i could be wrong since i am not searching any info at this point

and will simply rely on what happens at trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back