The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I said Derpowitz is showboating and capitalizing on this instance to try to make himself look good.

Someone has to say it. They won't exactly listen to me. There is at least a conversation when it comes from a respected constitutional lawyer. I would agree he has an extra hard on for her, since she called Harvard to try to have him disciplined for speaking his opinion.

And how will that bring reform against all prosecutors who routinely manipulate evidence and testimony?

Nobody saying anything will help?

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

if they can be responsible gun owners, yes. but if trayvon accosted Zimmerman with a gun, he would be just as guilty as he has for attacking him with his fists.

where the real irony lies is how all of a sudden anti gun loons want blacks to arm. there is no limit to you hypocrisy.

Someone has to say it. They won't exactly listen to me. There is at least a conversation when it comes from a respected constitutional lawyer. I would agree he has an extra hard on for her, since she called Harvard to try to have him disciplined for speaking his opinion.

And how will that bring reform against all prosecutors who routinely manipulate evidence and testimony?

Yes, half-ass attempts always hurt the cause.

The Martins had better read the statutes very carefully before they proceed with any civil action.

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI CRIMES Chapter 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.— (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant. (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful. (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1). History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27.
Zimmerman would be forced to testify in a civil case. There is not reasonable doubt clause in a civil proceeding.

BTW, Zimmerman will e forced to testify in his suit against nbc. I would love to see him testify under oath. He would wind up like his wife.

I would say that saying it for the last year is not half-ass. That along with Zimmerman's attorneys seeking sanctions and hearings is a pretty good start. However, no one will know or see that because they are caught in the GZ is a racist and lets get him movement.

The Martins had better read the statutes very carefully before they proceed with any civil action.

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI CRIMES Chapter 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.— (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant. (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful. (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1). History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27.
Zimmerman would be forced to testify in a civil case. There is not reasonable doubt clause in a civil proceeding.

BTW, Zimmerman will e forced to testify in his suit against nbc. I would love to see him testify under oath. He would wind up like his wife.

Did you read the statute? There will be no civil suit for him to testify to. If a suit is filed, there would be a pretrial hearing where that would clearly establish immunity under 776.032. The hearing judge would then award Mr. Zimmerman all costs incurred for his civil defense. I'm sure West and O'Mara would love to have a suit filed.

Zimmerman files a lawsuit with the Court claiming he has suffered damages of "emotional distress" from an edited 911 tape that he claims made him him look racist -- but at the same time -- Zimmerman gives the Court his own edited version of same 911 tape by cutting out his own comment: "F'cking Coons"

Daily Kos: #Zimmerman Edits out "F'cking Coon" from 911 Tape He Filed with Court in lawsuit against NBC
... wow! ... Just wow!

Was this on the news? How many times is he going to lie to the court? Another Jodi Arias?

Amazing. It's a pity the prosecution didn't play that tape in court. I'm beginning to think it was a rigged trial. It is clear as a day that he said coon, not punk or cold. But this is his way of not having to address his comment during the lawsuit trial against NBC.

The White House and Eric Holder don't like the verdict and they're investigating to see if they can bring federal charges against Zimmerman.

They don't want to pursue charges against blacks, but they do want to pursue charges against someone they consider to be white.

Guess the President and the Department of Justice don't believe in equal justice for everyone.

Last edited:

I would say that saying it for the last year is not half-ass. That along with Zimmerman's attorneys seeking sanctions and hearings is a pretty good start. However, no one will know or see that because they are caught in the GZ is a racist and lets get him movement.

It's the exact wrong case to do it in and is merely a ploy.

How would a civil suit get around the Florida immunity statute?

That only comes into play if GZ establishes by a preponderance of the evidence that it was self defense. .. which is exactly why M O'M did not seek a pretrial immunity hearing. The burden of proof would be identical and it would then be possible to use a denial of immunity as "collateral estoppel" against GZ by the Martins.

As it stands now the Martin's are not bound by either "res judicata" (aka "claim preclusion") or "collateral estoppel" (aka "issue preclusion").. as the issue in the criminal matter was whether the state had proved beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not self defense. The issue for GZ in a civil case will be for him to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that it was self defense... A completely different issue.

It's the exact wrong case to do it in and is merely a ploy.

Disagree.

I think the defense thought women would be dumb and emotional. It's obvious Jesse Jackson thinks women are not capable jurors.

I need to correct this post of mine.

I meant the PROSECUTION thought women would be dumb and emotional.

Sorry very big difference. :)

:eusa_hand:

This is your CHILD...A thug.

Attachments

• $trayvonchild.jpg
    $trayvonchild.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 18
You don't want to carry? Then don't. I am not an "ahole" as you claim that you might be. I don't look for trouble. However, if it comes calling, I'm prepared. You, on the other hand, are another victim.

I've never been a victim (of anything other than my own stupidity) in my life. I have no intention of becoming one now.

A bit touchy are you Randy? All I asked is what is you reasoning for carrying a gun.
Funny how you did not respond to -my- answer.

I don't understand. What is there to respond to? Again, you don't want to carry - don't. My "reasoning" is simple: Semper Paratus

Does not prove your assumption

Again... people on neighborhood watches do observe, follow etc without guns.. and yes, without having the ability to throw a punch

But hey.. baseless assumptions are about all you got to keep painting the picture you want painted

It is my opinion. Can't be proven one way or the other. Neither can the premise that Martin would have killed Zimmerman. I mean if Zimmerman is to believe that the teenager had smashed his head multiple times against concrete, beat him with his fists, yet caused so little actual damage to Zimmerman, so he wasn't a fighter either.

1) Then state it as opinion and not fact
2) The basis of self defense is not WOULD HAVE KILLED... but nice try
3) Broken nose, lacerations, and bumps on the head are not 'little damage'....
4) You just want to keep painting the picture you want painted

You thought it was fact and not an opinion?

The OP not a fucking court case.

He was a pussy with a gun, he shot a kid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back