The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone followed me like zimmerman he would be pushing daisies now. That shit works two ways, you know.

You mean you would murder someone who is walking behind you?

Man, that's heavy

-Geaux

Dam right and I would claim i was afraid and standing my ground.

A note on juror 37 and her interview.

She called Him "George" during the whole interview like he was an intimate friend. Talk about bias. Stupid bitch.

So if someone was following you at a distance talking to the Police on the phone...you think you have the right under "Stand Your Ground" to shoot them? You're not the brightest bulb on the tree, are you? Do that and I GUARANTEE you that you will be charged with murder and you will go to prison for a long time.

If Trayvon had chosen to simply tell Zimmerman to fuck off and walked the 20 seconds it would have taken to get home instead of waiting around for 4 minutes before confronting, attacking, injuring and threatening to kill said 'cracka', little Tray would still be around today, wouldn't he?

But no, that "if" doesn't fit your agenda, all evidence and decisions of the jury be damned...:eusa_hand:

So you can say what you feel happened, and there's a lot of that just in this quote, but I can't. :badgrin:

He's saying you just cant lie your ass off like you been doing, that's all.

Zimmerman files a lawsuit with the Court claiming he has suffered damages of "emotional distress" from an edited 911 tape that he claims made him him look racist -- but at the same time -- Zimmerman gives the Court his own edited version of same 911 tape by cutting out his own comment: "F'cking Coons"

Daily Kos: #Zimmerman Edits out "F'cking Coon" from 911 Tape He Filed with Court in lawsuit against NBC
... wow! ... Just wow!

Was this on the news? How many times is he going to lie to the court? Another Jodi Arias?

Cold doesn't have a s on the end of it. And if he said fucking cold why did he leave it out of the transcript? And who says "fucking cold" you might say "it's fucking cold out here".

Exactly, he said coons, but (almost) nobody now wants to state that publicly since Zimmerman lovers can't possibly accept anything plausible other than he was a hero. And it couldn't have been "fucking punks" either, since punks doesn't have the obvious "coo" sound heard in the tape.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuctYqCDvo]DIAGNOSTIC: George Zimmerman Clearly says "Fucking Coons" Before Killing Trayvon Martin - YouTube[/ame]

The Evil New 'Stand Your Ground' Law That Made the Killing of Trayvon Martin Permissible

Nobody ever seriously suggested, in the trial or in the media, that Trayvon Martin had a right to stand *his* ground.

Why were Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman judged by different standards?

Ever since a Seminole County, Florida jury found George Zimmerman not guilty on Saturday night of murdering Trayvon Martin, many commentators in the mainstream media have made a special effort to point out that Florida’s “Stand Your Ground and Shoot First” law played no role whatsoever in Zimmerman’s acquittal.

“Stand Your Ground” isn’t some stand-alone law, it’s a complete modification of Florida’s rules governing the use of deadly force for self-defense. As a result, it played an essential role in the Zimmerman trial. In fact, it created two different standards by which the six jurors judged both George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.

As former Florida Secretary of State Dan Gelber has pointed out, pre-Jeb Bush, pre- Koch Brothers, and pre-ALEC Florida law would have required the following instructions to be read to a jury in a self-defense murder trial:

"The defendant [George Zimmerman] cannot justify the use of force likely to cause death or great bodily harm unless he used every reasonable means within his power and consistent with his own safety to avoid the danger before resorting to that force. The fact that the defendant [George Zimmerman] was wrongfully attacked cannot justify his use of force likely to cause death or great bodily harm if by retreating he could have avoided the need to use that force."​

Note that according to these jury instructions, the defendant must do everything possible, including retreating, before attempting to use deadly force.

More: The Evil New 'Stand Your Ground' Law That Made the Killing of Trayvon Martin Permissible | Alternet

So Zimmerman murders a black kid and Republicans send him nearly a half million for his defense.

Two blacks murder a white girl and no one defends them. No one sends them money.

And these tarded white wingers are outraged because it's "EXACTLY THE SAME". Only it isn't.

What the fuck is wrong with these guys? Is it the inbreeding? Drugs? Too many "fracking fumes"? It has to be something.

As John Roman wrote on the Urban Institute’s MetroTrends blog earlier this week “Drawing from Supplemental Homicide Reports (SHR) submitted by local law enforcement to the FBI between 2005 and 2010, we see that in cases with a white shooter and a white victim, the shooting is ruled to be justified less than 2 percent of the time. If the shooter is black and the victim is white, the rate of justifiable homicide rulings drops to almost 1 percent. However, if the shooter is white and the victim is black, it is ruled justified in 9.5 percent of cases in non-Stand Your Ground (SYG) states. In SYG states, the rate is even higher—almost 17 percent.”

More: 'Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom' And America's Fear Of Black Men

This is what George Zimmerman looked like at the scene where his face was "bashed".

george-zimmerman-bloody-nose-052113.jpg

This is what George looked like a few minutes later after cleaning up his face. He is still wearing the same clothes. Notice the back of his head? What would you estimate? Two band aids worth of scratches?

images

This is Rihanna after Christ Brown beat her up:

rihannaphotobeatingzm6.jpg

And here her face has been "cleaned up". Like George.

rihannapostchrisbrown.jpg

How she normally looks:

images

This is what your face looks like after a "pounding":

zombie-transformation-300x235.jpg

Now this is George right after the shooting at the police station. Jacket's not wet so it wasn't cleaned and it may be red, but not "blood red".

george-zimmerman-night-of-shooting-no-blood-on-jacket.jpg

And remember, the gun was behind his back, down his pants, covered by that shirt and jacket. George tells us exactly where it was:

gz_gun_location.jpg

So let's review:

Face pounded:

Diego-Sanchez-face.jpg

George:

ht_george_zimmerman_injuries_ll_120517_wg-500x281.jpg

Laying on gun:

Aldo-v-Hominick-UFC-129_9909.jpg

Face Pounded:

mh.jpg

George right after face pounding and head smashed against cement:

zimmerman-horizontal-mugshot.jpg

Can gullible right wingers possibly understand what the problem is here? How do you educate such people?

I am not an expert on assessing the severity of injuries, so I yield to your greater expertise. However, I believe I am more familiar with laws pertaining to self defense than you might be (actually, I have a JD). The law does not require that someone receive serious injury before using deadly force in self defense. In fact the law does not require that one suffer any injuries at all before using deadly force in self defense. The law requires only a reasonable FEAR of serious bodily injury or death. It is the reasonable FEAR of serious injury that is required, not an actual injury . I will give you an example:

John and Joe are friends. Joe has a friend named Mark that John does not know. Joe wants to play a trick on John and asks Mark to confront John with an unloaded gun and pretend he is going to shoot him. Mark agrees and approaches John accusing him of messing around with his girlfriend. Mark then says, ”Now you die,” and points the gun at John's chest.

At this point John has not been seriously injured, and in reality is in no danger of being seriously injured. However, if John draws his concealed weapon and shoots Mark, killing him, John has a perfect case for self defense. John didn’t know that Mark was joking and didn't know the gun was not loaded; therefore he had a reasonably fear of death or serious bodily injury unless he shot Mark and the use of deadly force is justified. I am aware of more than a few cases where deadly force was allowed when someone was threatened with a toy gun. If a jury determines that a reasonably prudent person would believe the toy gun is real, the defendant is justified in using deadly force.

The only relevant legal question in the Zimmerman case is this: Did George Zimmerman have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if he did not use deadly force against Trayvon Martin? The jury determined that he did.

Did George Zimmerman have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if he did not use deadly force against Trayvon Martin?

That was not that question. They couldn't prove Zimmerman was lying. It's stupid to think someone who was armed would chase after someone who wasn't and then claim "fear". There was doubt. Supposedly. But we know from the juror that the one holdout was badgered by the other jurors. One even said her mind was made up before the trial.

George Zimmerman may think he got away with murder, but no one wants a child killer living next door. Not even ignorant right wingers. His life will be hell.

Zimmerman lovers have done this in most of their arguments so far so those that want Justice for Trayvon can't bring up even the possibility that what George did was false imprisonment?

Because it wasn't. Not in the legal sense, not in the realm of all that is logical.

If...if...if! There is zero evidence of this and it directly contradicts all sworn testimony.

Are you that desperate to believe that the Black guy didn't attack the lighter skin guy, even when all evidence, logic and reason suggests that is exactly what happened?

Good grief...

a good case for false imprisonment could be made

How about this "if"...

If Trayvon had chosen to simply tell Zimmerman to fuck off and walked the 20 seconds it would have taken to get home instead of waiting around for 4 minutes before confronting, attacking, injuring and threatening to kill said 'cracka', little Tray would still be around today, wouldn't he?

But no, that "if" doesn't fit your agenda, all evidence and decisions of the jury be damned...:eusa_hand:

Jury?
There was a Jury?

The president said it was a RULING.
Juries don't make RULINGS!
Surely the president, a Harvard educated lawyer knows what he is talking about!!
We should change the trial laws, let the president decide who is innocent or guilty on his whims.

He is the wisest and greatest president ever.

--LOL

good catch

This is what George Zimmerman looked like at the scene where his face was "bashed".

This is what George looked like a few minutes later after cleaning up his face. He is still wearing the same clothes. Notice the back of his head? What would you estimate? Two band aids worth of scratches?

images

How she normally looks:

images

Now this is George right after the shooting at the police station. Jacket's not wet so it wasn't cleaned and it may be red, but not "blood red".

And remember, the gun was behind his back, down his pants, covered by that shirt and jacket. George tells us exactly where it was:

gz_gun_location.jpg

So let's review:

Face pounded:

Diego-Sanchez-face.jpg

George:

Laying on gun:

Face Pounded:

mh.jpg

Can gullible right wingers possibly understand what the problem is here? How do you educate such people?

I am not an expert on assessing the severity of injuries, so I yield to your greater expertise. However, I believe I am more familiar with laws pertaining to self defense than you might be (actually, I have a JD). The law does not require that someone receive serious injury before using deadly force in self defense. In fact the law does not require that one suffer any injuries at all before using deadly force in self defense. The law requires only a reasonable FEAR of serious bodily injury or death. It is the reasonable FEAR of serious injury that is required, not an actual injury . I will give you an example:

John and Joe are friends. Joe has a friend named Mark that John does not know. Joe wants to play a trick on John and asks Mark to confront John with an unloaded gun and pretend he is going to shoot him. Mark agrees and approaches John accusing him of messing around with his girlfriend. Mark then says, ”Now you die,” and points the gun at John's chest.

At this point John has not been seriously injured, and in reality is in no danger of being seriously injured. However, if John draws his concealed weapon and shoots Mark, killing him, John has a perfect case for self defense. John didn’t know that Mark was joking and didn't know the gun was not loaded; therefore he had a reasonably fear of death or serious bodily injury unless he shot Mark and the use of deadly force is justified. I am aware of more than a few cases where deadly force was allowed when someone was threatened with a toy gun. If a jury determines that a reasonably prudent person would believe the toy gun is real, the defendant is justified in using deadly force.

The only relevant legal question in the Zimmerman case is this: Did George Zimmerman have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if he did not use deadly force against Trayvon Martin? The jury determined that he did.

Did George Zimmerman have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if he did not use deadly force against Trayvon Martin?

That was not that question. They couldn't prove Zimmerman was lying. It's stupid to think someone who was armed would chase after someone who wasn't and then claim "fear". There was doubt. Supposedly. But we know from the juror that the one holdout was badgered by the other jurors. One even said her mind was made up before the trial.

George Zimmerman may think he got away with murder, but no one wants a child killer living next door. Not even ignorant right wingers. His life will be hell.
Again retard Trayvon never needed to lay a hand on him for Zimmerman to defend himself....

tiffianie_drayton-620x412.jpg

Goodbye to my American Dream

I'm sick of loving a country that can't love me black.

On the day of college graduation, I told my friends and family the news: I was leaving the country I had lived in since childhood.

“I just need a change,” I told them, but they knew there was more. Was it some romance gone awry, they wondered? Some impulsive response to a broken heart? And I was running from heartbreak. My relationship with the United States of America is the most tumultuous relationship I have ever had, and it ended with the heart-rending realization that a country I loved and believed in did not love me back.

I was already back in Trinidad and Tobago when the Trayvon Martin verdict came down last week. I wasn’t surprised, but I was speechless. My hope is that it will force Americans to reexamine their “post-racial” beliefs. A friend of mine posted on my Facebook page, “You made the right choice.” I think I did, too.

I have found freedom by leaving the land of the free.

More: Goodbye to my American Dream | Alternet

images

How she normally looks:

images

gz_gun_location.jpg

So let's review:

Face pounded:

Diego-Sanchez-face.jpg

George:

Laying on gun:

Face Pounded:

mh.jpg

That was not that question.

that is the exact question

-In deciding whether George Zimmerman was justified in the use of deadly force, you
must judge him by the circumstances by which he was surrounded at the time the force was
used. The danger facing George Zimmerman need not have been actual; however, to justify
the use of deadly force, the appearance of danger must have been so real that a reasonably
cautious and prudent person under the same circumstances would have believed that the
danger could be avoided only through the use of that force.-

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Zimmerman_Final_Jury_Instructions.pdf

Bestselling author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun and all the ammunition he wants after the Justice Department put a hold on releasing the evidence from Zimmerman’s murder trial, thus delaying the return of his handgun.

Author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun.

Thor made the offer in a series of tweets Friday, then doubled down in a contentious TV interview in Chicago.

“Read this carefully, as I don’t want 2 be misunderstood: SCREW the #DOJ. If they won’t give #Zimmerman his gun back, I’ll buy him a new one,” he tweeted shortly after midnight Friday.

He followed up with a tweet to Zimmerman’s brother Robert Zimmerman Jr.: “Whatever gun he wants + however much ammo, consider it done. I’m buying. Done deal.”

Brad Thor?s Testy TV Exchange After He Offers to Buy George Zimmerman a New Gun | Video | TheBlaze.com

Bestselling author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun and all the ammunition he wants after the Justice Department put a hold on releasing the evidence from Zimmerman’s murder trial, thus delaying the return of his handgun.

Author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun.

Thor made the offer in a series of tweets Friday, then doubled down in a contentious TV interview in Chicago.

“Read this carefully, as I don’t want 2 be misunderstood: SCREW the #DOJ. If they won’t give #Zimmerman his gun back, I’ll buy him a new one,” he tweeted shortly after midnight Friday.

He followed up with a tweet to Zimmerman’s brother Robert Zimmerman Jr.: “Whatever gun he wants + however much ammo, consider it done. I’m buying. Done deal.”

Brad Thor?s Testy TV Exchange After He Offers to Buy George Zimmerman a New Gun | Video | TheBlaze.com

Gee, that's real constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back