The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to show just how fair it is, the judge just vetoed all the defense requests to show Martin's past actions which are germane to his character.

This case, if Zimmerman is found guilty of anything, will definitely go to appeal. And, he'll win.

You mean to say that it is mitigating to shoot a person who is a nefarious character? More fun than skeet shooting. lol

Well, to show just how fair it is, the judge just vetoed all the defense requests to show Martin's past actions which are germane to his character.

This case, if Zimmerman is found guilty of anything, will definitely go to appeal. And, he'll win.

I agree, the tone has been set for how this trial is going to go.

I agree, the tone has been set for how this trial is going to go.

I disagree. Another bet like the last one?

Double down?:razz:

But you aren't going to take Zimmerman's account of what happened with a grain salt even though he has been proven to be a liar?
Sounds legit.

What has he testified to about that night that's been proven to be a lie? Educate me!
I am referring to the fact he couldn't get out of jail due to lying about his finances. ;)

So THAT is the lie? Nothing to do with what happened that night? Just how much money he had? Do you have any idea how WEAK that is? Come on, Luissa...show me something that George Zimmerman has lied about from the night of the attack? If he's making it up he'd be contradicting himself...they always do...yet he hasn't...how can that be?

What has he testified to about that night that's been proven to be a lie? Educate me!
I am referring to the fact he couldn't get out of jail due to lying about his finances. ;)

So THAT is the lie? Nothing to do with what happened that night? Just how much money he had? Do you have any idea how WEAK that is? Come on, Luissa...show me something that George Zimmerman has lied about from the night of the attack? If he's making it up he'd be contradicting himself...they always do...yet he hasn't...how can that be?

I already posted where his story faltered. I found two different articles where they pointed out a few changes in his story but I figured I would post the one with Sean Hannity.
And that lie kept him in jail for a little while longer.. Doesn't seem too weak.

Plus what about the video of Zimmerman recounting what happened that night? He places Martin attacking him at where the sidewalks meet, but Martin's body was found a few condos away in the grass?

Psh, he was a 17 year old kid. I doubt it even occurred to him to call the police.

And even if he did think about it, I can understand choosing to not do it, considering how deeply embedded racism is in society, and especially among law enforcement.

All evidence of Martin's thuggishness has been excluded by the judge.

Yup, Trayvon's interests in fighting, illegal handguns, and weed have no bearing on poor Trayvon's character... None at all. It's pure nonsense to exclude those texts. :cuckoo:

The character of the victim isn't relevant.

it can become relevant if the state pushes how good the victim was

in other words if the state opens the door

Yup, Trayvon's interests in fighting, illegal handguns, and weed have no bearing on poor Trayvon's character... None at all. It's pure nonsense to exclude those texts. :cuckoo:

The character of the victim isn't relevant.

it can become relevant if the state pushes how good the victim was

in other words if the state opens the door

Right, but the state has to actually open that door.

All evidence of Martin's thuggishness has been excluded by the judge.

no not really

it could be used as rebuttal

to be decided at the time

outside of the jury

Effectively muzzling the prosecution from telling the jury what a great child Martin was. They are still using that picture of Martin at 12 years old in the press.

yes i am kind of curious if the defense can bring in the fighting

because of what witness 8 originally wrote

about thinking it was "just a fight"

as if this was a normal thing

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/w8_letter.pdf

no not really

it could be used as rebuttal

to be decided at the time

outside of the jury

Effectively muzzling the prosecution from telling the jury what a great child Martin was. They are still using that picture of Martin at 12 years old in the press.

Pretty sure that would be hearsay. Could maybe jam it in under an exception, but I'm skeptical.

Pretty sure that would be hearsay. Could maybe jam it in under an exception, but I'm skeptical.

like i say i dont know

however it has been played she was close to him

in fact at one time the star witness

what would be hearsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back