The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge won't allow it because his drug use and school suspensions have nothing to do with the case.

Originally I felt all the evidence should be let in, and maybe it will be eventually, but I heard a pretty logical explanation of why these things about Martin are not allowed. This is a self-defense case so the state of mind of Zimmerman is a primary issue. Since Zimmerman did not know Martin at all prior to the killing, then Martin's history is irrelevant - at least in regard to Zimmerman's state of mind about him during the initial moments of the altercation.

The jury will need to know about Martin's past behavior in order to determine whether or not he had a tendency towards violence, since that is what Zimmerman contends. Zimmerman says that he had lost sight of Martin and was headed back to his vehicle when Martin confronted him and punched him, got him on the ground, beat his head on the pavement, and threatened his life. So, ultimately, Martin's character will come into question by one means or another.

I am referring to the fact he couldn't get out of jail due to lying about his finances. ;)

So THAT is the lie? Nothing to do with what happened that night? Just how much money he had? Do you have any idea how WEAK that is? Come on, Luissa...show me something that George Zimmerman has lied about from the night of the attack? If he's making it up he'd be contradicting himself...they always do...yet he hasn't...how can that be?

I already posted where his story faltered. I found two different articles where they pointed out a few changes in his story but I figured I would post the one with Sean Hannity.
And that lie kept him in jail for a little while longer.. Doesn't seem too weak.

Plus what about the video of Zimmerman recounting what happened that night? He places Martin attacking him at where the sidewalks meet, but Martin's body was found a few condos away in the grass?

Where did Zimmerman ever claim that Martin attacked him somewhere else?

I guess when you don't have a case your best bet is to demonize the kid you killed.

I hate to point out the painfully obvious here, Ravi...but the truth is, George Zimmerman is the person who was demonized while Trayvon Martin was made out to be a poor defenseless teenager set upon by a racist gun nut. That's the narrative that the Main Stream Media fed to the nation non stop for weeks.

We didn't hear about who Trayvon Martin really was because it didn't fit their story...

Is it demonizing Martin to be truthful about him? That he was suspended from school for possession of pot and having a bunch of stolen jewelry in his backpack?

I guess when you don't have a case your best bet is to demonize the kid you killed.

You mean cute little Trayvon who sent texts with a photo of an illegal handgun, talked about how many blows were thrown in the last fight, and of course the ever popular references to smoking weed should be silenced to demonize someone who was simply defending himself from a street thug. The only case that will make this entire media generated fiasco relevant is the cases of vandalism and theft that will be brushed aside after Zimmerman is found innocent. The Rodney Kingesque free for all sure is going to be entertaining to watch, I'm sure... The media is counting on it. This entire case is being constructed by the media with a clear goal of infuriating small minded individuals to use this nonsense as an excuse to ravage other people's property in the name of false justice, and without question cameras will be right in the middle of it with circus clowns masquerading as journalists asking "how on earth could this happen?" I'm sorry you are so gullible to have bought into this fiasco.

It doesn't matter what the media says, what you say, or what anyone says. All that matters is the facts. And the facts show that Zimmerman's defense team was hoping to be able to demonize Martin during the course of the trial.

It doesn't matter what the media says, what you say, or what anyone says. All that matters is the facts. And the facts show that Zimmerman's defense team was hoping to be able to demonize Martin during the course of the trial.
"And the facts show...". You have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Did it take you a long time to make that brilliant deduction?

yes i am kind of curious if the defense can bring in the fighting

because of what witness 8 originally wrote

about thinking it was "just a fight"

as if this was a normal thing

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/w8_letter.pdf

Pretty sure that would be hearsay. Could maybe jam it in under an exception, but I'm skeptical.

like i say i dont know

however it has been played she was close to him

in fact at one time the star witness

what would be hearsay

Now that I think about it, the whole thing is hearsay, but it's admissible under the present sense exception.

Pretty sure that would be hearsay. Could maybe jam it in under an exception, but I'm skeptical.

like i say i dont know

however it has been played she was close to him

in fact at one time the star witness

what would be hearsay

Now that I think about it, the whole thing is hearsay, but it's admissible under the present sense exception.

this served as more of a shot across the bow of the state

to not sway away from the facts of that night

I almost feel bad for Zimmerman. It is obvious that instead of trying to negotiate a deal for the minimum amount of time, they are going to try to make this trial a case on the gun whack agenda.

Zimmerman shot an unarmed child. Nothing else is relevent to this case.

You mean cute little Trayvon who sent texts with a photo of an illegal handgun, talked about how many blows were thrown in the last fight, and of course the ever popular references to smoking weed should be silenced to demonize someone who was simply defending himself from a street thug. The only case that will make this entire media generated fiasco relevant is the cases of vandalism and theft that will be brushed aside after Zimmerman is found innocent. The Rodney Kingesque free for all sure is going to be entertaining to watch, I'm sure... The media is counting on it. This entire case is being constructed by the media with a clear goal of infuriating small minded individuals to use this nonsense as an excuse to ravage other people's property in the name of false justice, and without question cameras will be right in the middle of it with circus clowns masquerading as journalists asking "how on earth could this happen?" I'm sorry you are so gullible to have bought into this fiasco.

Frankly, Trayvon doesn't sound any different than any other 17 year old boy.

I'm always amazed how people forget what they were like when there were 17.

Yup.

I have 3 nephews 19, 18, and 17. Sometimes they got in fights, sometimes they got suspended, the youngest failed 10th grade. I'm sure they've tried pot before. They have tons of pics on Facebook, some where they are flipping the camera off... They used to walk to the corner store for junk food and I have no doubts in my mind at least one of my nephews would have turned around and confronted a stranger following him.

Trayvon would not have been there had he not been caught with the drugs and gotten suspended from school.
I believe his mom sent him up to his dad for a while.

Who came up with the idea that smoking pot was something only the really bad teenagers did? If that was the case, about 80% of our kids are borderline or for real gang bangers and thugs who deserve to be shot for taking a walk to the corner store after dark. Jesus.

'
Far too many Americans are idiotic, brainwashed, uneducated, hysterical trash. When such creatures are permitted to have guns, then it is inevitable that society will sink to the degraded condition it is in the present-day USA, and these tragedies will continue to be so common that they are mere statistics.

So THAT is the lie? Nothing to do with what happened that night? Just how much money he had? Do you have any idea how WEAK that is? Come on, Luissa...show me something that George Zimmerman has lied about from the night of the attack? If he's making it up he'd be contradicting himself...they always do...yet he hasn't...how can that be?

I already posted where his story faltered. I found two different articles where they pointed out a few changes in his story but I figured I would post the one with Sean Hannity.
And that lie kept him in jail for a little while longer.. Doesn't seem too weak.

Plus what about the video of Zimmerman recounting what happened that night? He places Martin attacking him at where the sidewalks meet, but Martin's body was found a few condos away in the grass?

Where did Zimmerman ever claim that Martin attacked him somewhere else?

Do you have a hard time reading posts?

I have a picture of me from senior year with a beer in my hand flashing a gang symbol. I was a prude in high school, even going to youth group every Wednesday. And I smoked pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back