The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to paint the victim in a poor light, it's like what they do in rape cases. In this case it doesn't matter, he wasn't found with a gun or drugs on him, and he wasn't committing a crime.
Personally, I wonder why so many think that Zimmerman can use self defense, but not Martin. Someone following you could be considered a threat, and make one fear for their safety. So yeah, I never understood why some dont see that part of the situation. Is it because he is black? A teenager? Or not a legal gun owner?

You are a racist! Trayvon was not attacked or injured prior to being shot. He did not have a mark on his body other than the gunshot. Had no justifiable fear for his life.

according to witness 8 original martin turned around an approached zimmerman

in the note there is a curious part where she writes casually

" i thought it was just a fight"

as if fighting was common for martin

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/w8_letter.pdf

Exactly - Trayvon turned around & approached Zimmerman. The coroners report proves that Zimmerman never struck Martin. However police photos, medical records & witnesses prove Martin struck Zimmerman in excess of 5 times to the head alone. There is absolutely no proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin. All evidence proves Martin was the only attacker.

Whose fault is that? Just curious.:eusa_eh:

Whose fault? Where to start.

NBC for creative "race" editing on original news report lighting the fire, last criminal case and other motivators for this judge, Sanford citizens, i.e. potential jurors under some pressure on both sides of a verdict, Black Panthers, Skinheads from up north, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton all swarmed and created a lot of pressure - aka, people using this as a catalyst for their own agendas. I'm totally disagreeing with arguing motions on live every-single-local-channel TV, it's one thing to read them, they are public record, another to see them argued, taints the jury pool off the bat. Spike Lee posting incorrect Zimmerman address on Twitter lighting up his 200k whatever followers that invaded their home - had to throw Spike under the bus for being an idiot.

I'll think of some more in a while, there are so many to choose from.

Those are just a few of the "organized" agenda-ers, not even taking into account the crazy police car shooters / courthouse bomb threat-ers.

Being a juror on this trial is the civic duty that could get you killed.

I hate to say it, but the race card was pulled on this when Trayvon was shot. I remember seeing it in the media; there were 'town meetings', or something to that effect, and marches that happened frequently until Zimmerman was put behind bars. This trial could very well start a 'race war', as much as I hate to say it. If attorneys for either side feed into it, it'll be just that much worse.

NBC EDITED the 911 call to include "race", right from the beginning. NBC needs to have their journalistic license set on fire.

George Zimmerman sues NBC Universal over edited 911 call - CNN.com

AND Nancy Grace needs her lips sewn together :)

He had the time to go into his house. Instead he chose to return and attack a man for the simple act of walking down the street. He then threatened to use that mans own gun to kill him. Zimmerman has so testified. Witnesses place Tryvon on top pounding his head into the ground. Zimmerman's wounds confirm that Zimmerman and the witnesses were correct.

Why is it you ignore these facts? Inconvenient to your choir boy notion?> Zimmerman is credible Trayvon's position is not.

Zimmerman was walking the streets? He has admitted to following him.
If someone was following you at night you wouldn't be fearful? And we only have Zimmerman word that he was attacked first. No witness who saw the attack can pin point who attacked whom first.
Plus Zimmerman followed Martin who had committed no crime. Martin would be justified in fearing for your life. And in Florida Law, one doesn't have to retreat if they fear they are in imminent danger. I would say someone following me would make me fear for my life, or that I might receive Bodily arm. But that just me, most honest people would agree with me.

I agree so much with this. Why is it okay for Zimmerman to stand his ground when he is in fear of his life but not for Martin to do the same? If someone were following me, with no provocation, at night, I would be very fearful for my life. I think Zimmerman's attorneys are not using the stand your ground law because it could backfire, because we could say that's what Martin was doing too.

Look at the timeline. When Trayvon Martin goes around the corner of the buildings out of George Zimmerman's sight, goes right and down the side walk towards the condo he's staying at...he's literally a few hundred yards from the safety of that location. There is a four and a half minute gap between when Zimmerman last sees Martin and the sounds of a fight begin. How can Trayvon Martin NOT have made it to the condo in such a long period of time? He's supposedly scared and trying to escape from the man who is following him yet even though he could have crawled the distance he needed to cover in the time that passes...he's not at the condo. No, four and a half minutes later he's inexplicably still where the fight takes place.

You are a racist! Trayvon was not attacked or injured prior to being shot. He did not have a mark on his body other than the gunshot. Had no justifiable fear for his life.

Exactly - Trayvon turned around & approached Zimmerman. The coroners report proves that Zimmerman never struck Martin.

No it doesn't, it shows that Martin sustained no injuries not that Zimmerman didn't strike him (Martin could have deflected such blows) or that Zimmerman didn't grab Martin.

However police photos, medical records & witnesses prove Martin struck Zimmerman in excess of 5 times to the head alone. There is absolutely no proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin. All evidence proves Martin was the only attacker.

That does not show that Martin "attacked" Zimmerman, it only shows that Martin was winning the ensuing fight. None of that shows who the initial aggressor was.

>>>>

Zimmerman was walking the streets? He has admitted to following him.
If someone was following you at night you wouldn't be fearful? And we only have Zimmerman word that he was attacked first. No witness who saw the attack can pin point who attacked whom first.
Plus Zimmerman followed Martin who had committed no crime. Martin would be justified in fearing for your life. And in Florida Law, one doesn't have to retreat if they fear they are in imminent danger. I would say someone following me would make me fear for my life, or that I might receive Bodily arm. But that just me, most honest people would agree with me.

I agree so much with this. Why is it okay for Zimmerman to stand his ground when he is in fear of his life but not for Martin to do the same? If someone were following me, with no provocation, at night, I would be very fearful for my life. I think Zimmerman's attorneys are not using the stand your ground law because it could backfire, because we could say that's what Martin was doing too.

Look at the timeline. When Trayvon Martin goes around the corner of the buildings out of George Zimmerman's sight, goes right and down the side walk towards the condo he's staying at...he's literally a few hundred yards from the safety of that location. There is a four and a half minute gap between when Zimmerman last sees Martin and the sounds of a fight begin. How can Trayvon Martin NOT have made it to the condo in such a long period of time? He's supposedly scared and trying to escape from the man who is following him yet even though he could have crawled the distance he needed to cover in the time that passes...he's not at the condo. No, four and a half minutes later he's inexplicably still where the fight takes place.

First of all, Martin was under no requirement to make it to his house. He had already attempted to leave the area of the strange acting unknown person TWICE and was followed both times. Under Florida's SYG law Martin had no requirement to retreat from an area he was legally eligible to be in.

Secondly, the timeline:

• Dispatcher Call Starts approximately 19:11:00 (0 minutes, 0 seconds or 0:) from inside his truck,
  • Zimmerman says Martin is coming toward the truck at approximately (19:12:00, 01:00),
  • Zimmerman says Martin has his hand in his waistband (19:12:05, 01:05) as the same time as phone records show an INBOUND call from the girlfriend at (19:12),
  • Zimmerman says he has something in his hand (19:12:26, 01:26), which may be Martin's cell phone (Good for Zimmerman),
  • Zimmerman make note that Martin has turned to run (19:13:09, 02:09),
  • Zimmerman exists the vehicle, you can hear the truck door opening and closing about 3 seconds later (19:13:11, 02:11),
  • You can hear wind noises now as Zimmerman begins following Martin and dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him (19:13:14, 02:14),
  • You can hear Zimmerman acknowledges with "OK" that he heard the dispatcher say he didn't need to follow Martin (19:13:24, 02:24),
  • No other position information can be determined from the phone call which ended at approximately 19:15:11, 04:11).

It was only about 2 minutes from Martin existing the area of the truck to the time when the Martin dropped the phone he was talking on and the call ended which was presumably the start of the altercation. During that time Martin moved away from the truck to the area behind the houses to evade the stranger.

>>>>

Good Lord! I'm supposed to be raking leaves. Good-bye! : ) Nobody better mess with me while I'm raking leaves, either!!!! :lol:

One thing for sure, the new gang that just joined the forum are big trial watchers, so I'm sure they will have a thread going with a minute-by-minute accounting of this trial. Should be interesting.

And we have our own thread. :tongue:

I'm trolling "your" thread.

:)

Judge limits texts, photos in Trayvon Martin case

Attorneys won't be able to mention Trayvon Martin's drug use, suspension from school and past fighting during opening statements in the trial for the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot the teen, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Judge limits texts, photos in Trayvon Martin case

prior acts are often limited in cases as they often are not probative to the underlying case. that said, should the jury here, be allowed access to all evidence concerning martin?

here is an interesting comment made after the article:

June • 1 hr 21 mins ago Report Abuse

Whatever happened to the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth?

101 Replies

Exactly - Trayvon turned around & approached Zimmerman. The coroners report proves that Zimmerman never struck Martin.

No it doesn't, it shows that Martin sustained no injuries not that Zimmerman didn't strike him (Martin could have deflected such blows) or that Zimmerman didn't grab Martin.

However police photos, medical records & witnesses prove Martin struck Zimmerman in excess of 5 times to the head alone. There is absolutely no proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin. All evidence proves Martin was the only attacker.

That does not show that Martin "attacked" Zimmerman, it only shows that Martin was winning the ensuing fight. None of that shows who the initial aggressor was.>>>>

You have no proof that Zimmerman struck or grabbed Martin. You can't prove Zimmerman initially attacked Martin if you can't show that he did those things. There is a ton of proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman. If Martin was the only attacker, then he was also the initial attacker. You can't convince all 12 jurors that Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

No, I'm going to take the agent's report on what happened with a very large grain of salt having been on the receiving end of a few of those and no only too well the games that they play when they need to cover their asses.

But you aren't going to take Zimmerman's account of what happened with a grain salt even though he has been proven to be a liar?
Sounds legit.

What has he testified to about that night that's been proven to be a lie? Educate me!
I am referring to the fact he couldn't get out of jail due to lying about his finances. ;)

That does not show that Martin "attacked" Zimmerman, it only shows that Martin was winning the ensuing fight. None of that shows who the initial aggressor was.>>>>

You have no proof that Zimmerman struck or grabbed Martin. You can't prove Zimmerman initially attacked Martin if you can't show that he did those things. There is a ton of proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman. If Martin was the only attacker, then he was also the initial attacker. You can't convince all 12 jurors that Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

What proof do you have that Martin started the fight?

Given Zimmerman's historical short-temper fuse, has anyone looked into what he was doing before he decided to troll the neighborhood? Perhaps got into an altercation with someone else?

You have no proof that Zimmerman struck or grabbed Martin. You can't prove Zimmerman initially attacked Martin if you can't show that he did those things.

Didn't say I did. I know this will be kind of subtle for some to understand, but lack of proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin does not mean that by default Martin must have attacked Zimmerman.

There is a ton of proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman.

GOOD.

Please bring it forward. Post the evidence that Martin acted as the initial aggressor and acted outside the bounds of the law. The case will be over. You keep saying there is a ton of evidence showing Martin was the initial aggressor (attacker), but when asked to present it you fail to do so. Seems that you always skip the beginning of the altercation and jump to the results, the results do not show who started it.

Just recognize though that Zimmerman's injuries are not indicative of who the initial aggressor was, they ONLY show that after the fight started, that Zimmerman came out on the short end of the stick. They do not show who was the initial aggressor.

That will be the primary question the jury will first have to decide.

If Martin was the only attacker, then he was also the initial attacker.

True.

However if Zimmerman was the initial attacker (or is viewed by the Jury as the initial aggressor) then Martin isn't the only "attacker".

You can't convince all 12 jurors that Zimmerman was not in fear for his life.

Wouldn't try, as that is not the important point in the case.

If the Jury views Zimmerman as the initial aggressor, then the question becomes is he responsible for his actions leading up to the point where he drew and fired his weapon.

>>>>

Last edited:
Well, to show just how fair it is, the judge just vetoed all the defense requests to show Martin's past actions which are germane to his character.

This case, if Zimmerman is found guilty of anything, will definitely go to appeal. And, he'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back