The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's if you believe Zimmerman.

I don't.

It's looks like Zimmerman initiated the fight..and started losing.

Zimmerman killed an innocent kid.

And I don't see why all the law and order nuts..aren't angry about that.

Martin had no marks indicating Zimmerman ever struck him. Martin escalated the beating of a subdued person retreating & screaming for help. That makes lethal force necessary & legal in all 50 states.

Don't confuse them with the facts~!

Do I have the right to follow you in your neighborhood and ask you what you're doing here in a menacing way?

i would not say you have right to follow someone and ask them what they are doing, but if not considered threatening, then it is not illegal

further, you're talking about a gated community, thus private
Is it possible that Trayvon felt threatened by, the killer, George Zimmerman? IYO that is.

it is possible, but it still does not give him the right to attack Z. If one feels "threatened" in a few steps from his home, one just plain goes home.

Which did not happen

The star witness was helpful and credible. She stuck to her original testimony on the events of that day.

The physician assistant on Friday was another great witness.

Today, that lady cop was another great witness for the prosecution.

In Zimmerman Trial, Prosecution Witnesses Bolster Self-Defense Claims

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/u...-bolster-self-defense-claims.html?ref=us&_r=0

our we talking about the same trial? as you can see, that is the nytimes, arguably the most left leaning rag in the country.

i would not say you have right to follow someone and ask them what they are doing, but if not considered threatening, then it is not illegal

Is it possible that Trayvon felt threatened by, the killer, George Zimmerman? IYO that is.

of course it is "possible"

is it possible he did not feel threatened?
It's been established that Trayvon felt threatened.

He described a creepy man following him, his friend suggested he run away, he pondered it and chose to continue walking and not running.

Being in situations where I was followed before, or felt like I was followed, in the moment you're thinking if you try to run, for sure you're in soup, because that will excite the follower. I didn't, nor would I, run either. I would do exactly as he did, and continue walking, of course with more pep in my step.

Zimmerman was the aggressor.

I think it's been established that Zimmerman got out of his truck initially to follow Martin.

The dispatcher says it's no necessary, so he stops.

The dispatcher asks him where he is park, he doesn't know the name of the street. Either this is the greatest pre-planning of all times, or he doesn't remember the name of the street.

Adrenaline will do that to ya...it's happened to me personally.

I witnessed an accident on the interstate frontage road very near my home exit.

I knew it was exit 159...always have, still knew it even though I haven't lived there for years...and the next exit was exit 163...where the Bobber Truckstop used to be on I-44 in Missouri...it's a pilot now.

I only go into detail because I know you used to drive a truck, so you'll understand.

For the ininitiated, every trucker knows their Home-20 exit number. Makes it easy to calculate time to home, Milemarker +/- home exits = miles to exit.

But this day my brain made the call for the information and the achives responded "sorry, we're closed, try back later."

Luckily, the homeowner came running out so I didn't have to leave the lady to search out an address like Zimmerman was forced too.

------------------

Have we seen attacks for less?

Yes we have.

Any perceived sleight could cause an attack.

So that logic doesn't fly.

I have some youtube videos as evidence, if you'd like to see them just let me know.

Incorrect...he does not stop...stopping would be going back to his truck immediately...he didnt do that...he proceeds up the path and to the next street...he also says he looked to his right when he approached the courtyard and didnt see trayvon...in other words...still looking.

By continuing up the path even to look for this address in the dark and rain potentially gives the impression to the followeee that he is being followed on foot. He did not stop. Again, you are using hindsight information and your privy to the 911 tape...trayvon didnt hear the tape that you did. You are watching tv poker again...in all do respect.

Fair enough. But what is more important...what happened, or how it was perceived?

Zimmerman stopped following Martin.

He did not take the path he observed Martin take.

He did not know where Martin was.

He was not and could not be between Martin and Martin's house.

Martin had to double back AWAY from home to be at the T.

Not what I would call fearful of being followed.

More likely pissed-off about being surveilled .

You're believing that Zimmerman actually stopped pursuit.

I don't think he did. He wanted to "collar" the guy. I think he ran to the T caught up with Martin and initiated contact. He may have even tried to grab Martin which led to the first punch. Remember, Zimmerman went from having Martin come out of the bushes to coming out of the darkness. And by Zimmerman's account..he was walking toward him and talking. It's not far fetched to think Zimmerman caught up to Martin, who turned around to and asked him, "Why are you following me?" To which Zimmerman responded "What are you doing here?" That sounds more like what a cop would do.

And that's what Zimmerman was doing. Playing cop.

The star witness was helpful and credible. She stuck to her original testimony on the events of that day.

You live in a parallel reality, obviously. So far every commentary on the case about those witnesses were stating it did NOT help the prosecution

Regardless of who started it Martin escalated it to deadly force with his ground and pound and took one to the chest. Sad.

He described a creepy man following him, his friend suggested he run away, he pondered it and chose to continue walking and not running.

Being in situations where I was followed before, or felt like I was followed, in the moment you're thinking if you try to run, for sure you're in soup, because that will excite the follower. I didn't, nor would I, run either. I would do exactly as he did, and continue walking, of course with more pep in my step.

1. No, it has not been established.
2. Z was not an aggressor - all the witnesses and all the evidence actually points to the contrary

3. T should have simply go home - not run, just plain go home - he was few steps from there. That is what reasonable people do.

it is possible, but it still does not give him the right to attack Z. If one feels "threatened" in a few steps from his home, one just plain goes home.

Which did not happen
See it's only in your mind that it was Trayvon that initiated the attack on, the killer, Zimmerman. However, no where in the media, nor in court has that been established.

Only from RW posts like yours.

However, it's been established that Trayvon felt threatened by Zimmerman who he knew was following him. That was established in court on day 1.

So how did he end up dead less than 100 yards from the confrontation at the truck which was about 4 minutes prior ?

Incorrect...he does not stop...stopping would be going back to his truck immediately...he didnt do that...he proceeds up the path and to the next street...he also says he looked to his right when he approached the courtyard and didnt see trayvon...in other words...still looking.

By continuing up the path even to look for this address in the dark and rain potentially gives the impression to the followeee that he is being followed on foot. He did not stop. Again, you are using hindsight information and your privy to the 911 tape...trayvon didnt hear the tape that you did. You are watching tv poker again...in all do respect.

Fair enough. But what is more important...what happened, or how it was perceived?

Zimmerman stopped following Martin.

He did not take the path he observed Martin take.

He did not know where Martin was.

He was not and could not be between Martin and Martin's house.

Martin had to double back AWAY from home to be at the T.

Not what I would call fearful of being followed.

More likely pissed-off about being surveilled .

You're believing that Zimmerman actually stopped pursuit.

I don't think he did. He wanted to "collar" the guy. I think he ran to the T caught up with Martin and initiated contact. He may have even tried to grab Martin which led to the first punch. Remember, Zimmerman went from having Martin come out of the bushes to coming out of the darkness. And by Zimmerman's account..he was walking toward him and talking. It's not far fetched to think Zimmerman caught up to Martin, who turned around to and asked him, "Why are you following me?" To which Zimmerman responded "What are you doing here?" That sounds more like what a cop would do.

And that's what Zimmerman was doing. Playing cop.

Incorrect and unsupported by the 911 tape. If your assumption were true it would have been on tape. Look where the 911 tape ended. DD doesnt support this with her timeline either.

1. No, it has not been established.
2. Z was not an aggressor - all the witnesses and all the evidence actually points to the contrary

3. T should have simply go home - not run, just plain go home - he was few steps from there. That is what reasonable people do.
Jeantel established that Trayvon felt threatened by, the killer, Zimmerman who was following him, after he was told not to by the 911 dispatcher.

WHO has said that it was Trayvon that initiated the attack?

I can't wait to see this.

So the LAW is not going to fly? Well here's a flash. A jury conviction that is not based on the law will get overturned in a New York minute as that of a runaway jury.

The standard simply isn't that low.

There's a bunch of clauses that come along with that. You can't just shave out a group of words and decide that's the law.

That is the requirement for his actions to be self defense. Lump it. And I didn't just 'shave out a group of words.' The Florida statute has been posted. Get over yourself.

Okay.

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 776
JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

View Entire Chapter

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:(a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or

(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or

(c) The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further an unlawful activity; or

(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

(5) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.

(b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.

(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

See?

I knew the Florida law..wasn't as batshit crazy as you make it out to be.

You've purported to study law.

Really?

So how did he end up dead less than 100 yards from the confrontation at the truck which was about 4 minutes prior ?

Ahhhh....a what if? A supposition. A story that's conjured up in your mind.

You do realize that even the placement of the truck at the time you're referring to has only been asserted by, the killer, Zimmerman...right?

Let's see how that holds up in court.

LOL!!!! :lol:

Zimmerman is TOAST!

Last edited:

Which did not happen
See it's only in your mind that it was Trayvon that initiated the attack on, the killer, Zimmerman. However, no where in the media, nor in court has that been established.

Only from RW posts like yours.

However, it's been established that Trayvon felt threatened by Zimmerman who he knew was following him. That was established in court on day 1.

Actually nobody knows. But if one feels "threatened" one simply goes home - one is a few steps from there.
It has NOT been established that T has felt "threatened". If he would he would go home, not engage in a fight - it does not matter who starts a fight, if one is in the vicinity of one's home and wants to avoid a physical fight, not a verbal one, one goes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back