The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pfft If he was alive and you called him a child he would laugh in your face. Y'all are disgusting with the victim bullshit.

Whether he was an adult or a child has nothing at all to do with whether or not he was a victim. I am fairly neutral on that question.

This is simply a semantics question to me. Would you prefer referring to him as a kid? That works fine for me as well.

Why you think he's a victim if he's a child but not if he's an adult I'm not clear on.

referring to Martin as a child or a kid evokes more pity. It's merely another attempt to use feelings as opposed to facts.

Martin was 17, so by law he is a minor child.

Whether he was an adult or a child has nothing at all to do with whether or not he was a victim. I am fairly neutral on that question.

This is simply a semantics question to me. Would you prefer referring to him as a kid? That works fine for me as well.

Why you think he's a victim if he's a child but not if he's an adult I'm not clear on.

referring to Martin as a child or a kid evokes more pity. It's merely another attempt to use feelings as opposed to facts.

Martin was 17, so by law he is a minor child.

age is not always the determinate

many 17 years olds get deemed an adult

however this was not the case in martin

It does if you are trying to keep an eye on a person until the cops get there.

Like, if you are chasing them?

I understand that you have this need for Zimmerman to fry. If you also had a need to see him fry fairly and legally I might be impressed. Did anyone see him chase Martin ?

Where have I ever stated that? I just want justice to be served. From the very beginning, GZ's actions have been suspect. He has been caught lying. If you lie about one thing, you will lie about other things. I hope the Prosecutor is able to do a good job and bring up the truth - that's all.

If anything, it is people on the right that want GZ to be exonerated, like he did some great thing!

Like, if you are chasing them?

I understand that you have this need for Zimmerman to fry. If you also had a need to see him fry fairly and legally I might be impressed. Did anyone see him chase Martin ?

Where have I ever stated that? I just want justice to be served. From the very beginning, GZ's actions have been suspect. He has been caught lying. If you lie about one thing, you will lie about other things. I hope the Prosecutor is able to do a good job and bring up the truth - that's all.

If anything, it is people on the right that want GZ to be exonerated, like he did some great thing!

No, it's not that "he did some great thing." It's that the murder charge is a purely political move aimed to appease an angry mob. MANY people in this area have no problem with him being charged with manslaughter even after the misleading spin by the new millionaires and their attorney.

No, it's not that "he did some great thing." It's that the murder charge is a purely political move aimed to appease an angry mob. MANY people in this area have no problem with him being charged with manslaughter even after the misleading spin by the new millionaires and their attorney.

Political move? I thought the DA was a Republican - oh, I get it, it was intended as a means to make it easy to defeat?

It is up to the jury to decide whether or not GZ had reason to shoot. He certainly didn't have right to assume that TM was a thief/thug.

Being snarky about the parents and the fact that the housing community was willing to settle because they knew that relying on GZ turned out to be a big mistake just makes it hard to believe that you all have no problem with GZ being found guilty of anything.

You don't mention all the thousands that GZ was able to collect from gullible people that jumped to his defense - I guess that's okay.

Please post the link for the opinion. I would like to read it as well.

The one I have is a subscription site. Sorry. Info that you can use to possibly track it down:

Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, March 27, 2012 Case # F-11-002441

Actually, I was talking to Ravi. She claimed to have read the opinion. She is all bluff. She couldn't find her own ass with a search warrant, let alone a legal opinion. I have people constantly telling me to post from something other than Wiki. They can't seem to think I am under some obligation to post from WestLaw or something, which I am not.

Yes, I read that. The thief should have been granted the same right to defend himself since at that point he would have been in fear of great bodily harm.

That may be your opinion, however, it is not the law in Florida.:

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Do you believe a criminal who is cornered by armed police should be able to legally kill the police as a justifiable exercise of "self defense"?

They all like to claim that Zimmerman was brandishing a weapon. Now, seriously, what kind of idiot would, being unarmed himself, attack someone who was armed? I don't think the weapon came out of hiding until Zimmerman was attacked by Martin. If it was out before, then Martin was either stoned or stupid.

Please post the link for the opinion. I would like to read it as well.

The one I have is a subscription site. Sorry. Info that you can use to possibly track it down:

Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, March 27, 2012 Case # F-11-002441

Actually, I was talking to Ravi. She claimed to have read the opinion. She is all bluff. She couldn't find her own ass with a search warrant, let alone a legal opinion. I have people constantly telling me to post from something other than Wiki. They can't seem to think I am under some obligation to post from WestLaw or something, which I am not.

Even if you could find Westlaw, you still wouldn't understand it.

Anyway, here's the deal.

No matter what the evidence is, Zimmerman is going down, because a jury isn't going to have a race riot over this turd.

Deal with it.

[

They all like to claim that Zimmerman was brandishing a weapon. Now, seriously, what kind of idiot would, being unarmed himself, attack someone who was armed? I don't think the weapon came out of hiding until Zimmerman was attacked by Martin. If it was out before, then Martin was either stoned or stupid.

For all Trayvon knew, Zimmerman was a pervert who wanted to ass-rape him.

Political move? I thought the DA was a Republican - oh, I get it, it was intended as a means to make it easy to defeat?

It is up to the jury to decide whether or not GZ had reason to shoot. He certainly didn't have right to assume that TM was a thief/thug.

Being snarky about the parents and the fact that the housing community was willing to settle because they knew that relying on GZ turned out to be a big mistake just makes it hard to believe that you all have no problem with GZ being found guilty of anything.

You don't mention all the thousands that GZ was able to collect from gullible people that jumped to his defense - I guess that's okay.

People are free to do what they want with their money. The party of the State's Attorney (we don't have DAs here) is irrelevant, he needed to appease the protestors.

$1 Million from the HOA's insurance company tells me this is negligence and possibly manslaughter. If the jury finds enough culpability to render a guilty verdict on that I have no problem. It really comes down to whether Trayvon was the aggressor or if Zimmerman was the aggressor. If Trayvon was the aggressor and he got shot after going to Zimmerman's gun then it's a tragic situation with no crime.

In all other cases, Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter in my opinion.

Anyway, here's the deal.

No matter what the evidence is, Zimmerman is going down, because a jury isn't going to have a race riot over this turd.

Deal with it.

That is the exact problem causing trepidation in this area - justice by mob.

People are free to do what they want with their money.
Exactly, and that is why it seems absurd to blame the Association for paying big bucks - I'm sure they didn't want to go to court, considering the circumstances. As their watch-dog, he wasn't supposed to be armed.

The party of the State's Attorney (we don't have DAs here) is irrelevant, he needed to appease the protestors.
If it is irrelevant, then I'm sure it works both ways. No need for anyone to assume that it favors one side over the other.

$1 Million from the HOA's insurance company tells me this is negligence and possibly manslaughter. If the jury finds enough culpability to render a guilty verdict on that I have no problem. It really comes down to whether Trayvon was the aggressor or if Zimmerman was the aggressor. If Trayvon was the aggressor and he got shot after going to Zimmerman's gun then it's a tragic situation with no crime.
Based on the evidence presented, I'm sure the jury will be able to determine which is which. If they can't, well, that's the way our system works, sometimes.

In all other cases, Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter in my opinion.
At the least.

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

and how screwed up and racist is that ?

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

I used WestLaw while I was in law school. And guess what. My alma mater right here in western KY has it availale free to students and alumni. I most assuredly do know how to use it. Just because you and Ravioli can't find your own asses, doesn't mean everyone can't.

I think the outcome of this trial is going to surprise the race baiters like you and Ravioli.

Last edited:

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

Exceedingly! The biggest race baiters are banned, so he and Ravioli have to fill the void. As soon as they run out of cogent argument, the next statement out of their keys is 'you're a racist.' LOL. And that is quite frequently.

Last edited:

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

So what you're basically saying is that no matter whether George Zimmerman is guilty of a crime or not...you think that people like yourself can intimidate prospective jurors to the point of finding him guilty simply to protect themselves?

Who's the "turd" again?

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

That is the exact problem causing trepidation in this area - justice by mob.

And if the police had done their job to start with, the mob wouldn't be angry.

Can't complain about a problem caused by the laxidasial attitudes of authorities who said, "Well, it's a black kid, no biggie."

[

So what you're basically saying is that no matter whether George Zimmerman is guilty of a crime or not...you think that people like yourself can intimidate prospective jurors to the point of finding him guilty simply to protect themselves?

Who's the "turd" again?

What I'm basically saying is, I'm perfectly happy to sacrifice this turd for civil peace.

And maybe the next asshole who thinks he's The Punisher might think twice about going around shooting kids.

So, really, wins all around.

[

I used WestLaw while I was in law school. And guess what. My alma mater right here in western KY has it availale free to students and alumni. I most assuredly do know how to use it. Just because you and Ravioli can't find your own asses, doesn't mean everyone can't.

I think the outcome of this trial is going to surprise the race baiters like you and Ravioli.

Well, Golly, Mary-sue, you wuz a lawyer in Keeeen-tucky? I bet they had the court right down in Uncle Cleetus's barn..... weeee---haaaa....

Anyway, here's the deal.

Deal with it.

Not in the least bit. It's making a value judgment. He killed a kid. You tell the black community, the government condones the murder of their children, some of them are going to be pretty fucking angry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back