The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oddly if memory serves

the same guy who was cleared in the case

was shot dead three months later

by a stray bullet

Zimmerman may meet a similar fate. I've thought that he really should change his appearance and immigrate to another country after this is all over.

Did I say he didnt? Holy shit, don't you get an opinion?

You do--and then people get to respond to it. How can you offer an opinion when the facts haven't even been established ? I suspect you just defend the perceived victim no matter what the facts are.

Nope.
Like I said in my original post. All I have to know is Martin committed no crime and Zimmerman followed him. The incident would have never happened if he didnt follow him. He has said that he followed him and they have a 911 tape stating he followed him. He is not a cop and was told not to have his gun when working block watch.
He followed a minor with a gun, unprovoked with the minor committing no crime, plus the minor was not armed. That is all I need to know.

How do you know that punk thug hadn't committed a crime? That big shithead did commit a crime as soon as he sucker punched Zimmeran......... what a naive fool you are pretending to be. I see an asshole like that in my neighborhood, I'm going to follow him too. How did Obama's kid know Zimmerman was following him anyway.......maybe he was looking for an address.......so Zimmerman deserves to be attacked by a punk that had a history of sucker punching people. You're backing the wrong horse .....but what's new?

" All you know is he was walking behind Martin"

at this point this not absolute

according to zimmerman he discontinued looking for martin

Yep he discontinued looking for Martin, his story is that he did continue in the same direction as Martin though behind darkened houses to look for a street sign. Everyone knows there are street signs in darkened areas behind houses. The nearest street signs were to the West and South, Zimmerman moved East (which "just happened" to be the same direction as Martin) where there were no street signs.

>>>>

could tell ya where a sign of house number is

that will come out at trial

He's the one that said "Street Sign" not me, IIRC, about 12-minutes into his first interview tape.

In the interest of honest I do believe when it was pointed out that there were no street signs in the direction he traveled he changed his story to "house number". However I've never lived anywhere where house numbers were on the back of houses. Twin Trees Lane has street lights (again you can observe them yourself on satellite images) and the house numbers were/are mounted on the garages of the houses and the houses had the lights on (based on police photos and news footage from that night).

So Zimmerman leaves a lighted street to walk past the front of houses with lights on in the front where the house numbers are clearly visible to go to a darkened area behind the houses where there are no house numbers posted to find a house number.

That makes no sense.

>>>>

Yep he discontinued looking for Martin, his story is that he did continue in the same direction as Martin though behind darkened houses to look for a street sign. Everyone knows there are street signs in darkened areas behind houses. The nearest street signs were to the West and South, Zimmerman moved East (which "just happened" to be the same direction as Martin) where there were no street signs.

>>>>

He's the one that said "Street Sign" not me, IIRC, about 12-minutes into his first interview tape.

In the interest of honest I do believe when it was pointed out that there were no street signs in the direction he traveled he changed his story to "house number". However I've never lived anywhere where house numbers were on the back of houses. Twin Trees Lane has street lights (again you can observe them yourself on satellite images) and the house numbers were/are mounted on the garages of the houses and the houses had the lights on (based on police photos and news footage from that night).

So Zimmerman leaves a lighted street to walk past the front of houses with lights on in the front where the house numbers are clearly visible to go to a darkened area behind the houses where there are no house numbers posted to find a house number.

That makes no sense.

>>>>

It does if you are trying to keep an eye on a person until the cops get there.

That makes no sense.

>>>>

Like, if you are chasing them?

That makes no sense.

>>>>

I understand that you have this need for Zimmerman to fry. If you also had a need to see him fry fairly and legally I might be impressed. Did anyone see him chase Martin ?

That makes no sense.

>>>>

Neither looking for street signs or house number in a darkened area behind houses makes sense.

What it does present is an ill-conceived attempt at CYA after shooting some grasping at straws to provide some type of reason for continuing in the same direction as the person you had previously stated (recorded during the dispatcher call) that you were following.

[DISCLAIMER: This still does not "prove" the Murder 2 charge, only that Zimmerman was not truthful in his continued advance in the same direction he saw Martin take.]

>>>>

Last edited:

I understand that you have this need for Zimmerman to fry. If you also had a need to see him fry fairly and legally I might be impressed. Did anyone see him chase Martin ?

Zimmerman said he chased (i.e. followed Martin).

>>>>

and he also said why he "chased" him. Do you intend to cherry pick which quotes are true and which ones are lies ?
Stalk, follow, chase----all irrelevant anyway.

Zimmerman said he chased (i.e. followed Martin).

>>>>

and he also said why he "chased" him. Do you intend to cherry pick which quotes are true and which ones are lies ?

I'm not the one that has taken everything that GZ says as gospel. I know he's a liar and has shown a willingness to lie to the court, that doesn't mean the has (or can) meet a purden of proof to show Murder 2.

But you are right he did say why he followed him: "Okay. These (expletive) they always get away."

Stalk, follow, chase----all irrelevant anyway.

Actually showing that GZ lied will be a big part of the prosecutions case. Their case will rest on showing GZ as the aggressor with his actions leading up to the altercation. The defense will try to play it all as "irrelevant" and focus on the time the shot was fired.

It will be up to the jury to decide which scenario to follow, I fine with that.

>>>>

Yes, I read that. The thief should have been granted the same right to defend himself since at that point he would have been in fear of great bodily harm.

That may be your opinion, however, it is not the law in Florida.:

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Do you believe a criminal who is cornered by armed police should be able to legally kill the police as a justifiable exercise of "self defense"?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/u...e-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Zimmerman telling his side of the story--everyone needs to hear this before they comment.

He didn't follow Martin because the other criminals in the neighborhood got away---He was trying to find an address because the police were asking him one. That's when Martin ambushed him and slugged him in the face.

Yes of course, going away from where street signs are located and leaving a lighted street with house numbers on the front lit by garage lights to go behind houses to a darkened area to look for sign/numbers that are not there makes perfect sense.

What evidence do you have, besides Zimmerman's claims that Martin "ambushed" him? No doubt Martin got in a good shot to the face, but that does not mean that Martin ambushed him. Remember Zimmerman also claimed that he never when down the south fork of the "T" intersection, that Martin punched him in the face immediately knocking him to the ground, and then Martin jumped (or "mounted" him). Yet the body was, IIRC, 40-50 feet down the south path and 10-15 feet off the concrete.

>>>>

Yes, I read that. The thief should have been granted the same right to defend himself since at that point he would have been in fear of great bodily harm.

That may be your opinion, however, it is not the law in Florida.:

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Do you believe a criminal who is cornered by armed police should be able to legally kill the police as a justifiable exercise of "self defense"?
Nice try, however the thief had not committed a forcible felony as defined under Florida law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/u...e-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Zimmerman telling his side of the story--everyone needs to hear this before they comment.

He didn't follow Martin because the other criminals in the neighborhood got away---He was trying to find an address because the police were asking him one. That's when Martin ambushed him and slugged him in the face.

Yes of course, going away from where street signs are located and leaving a lighted street with house numbers on the front lit by garage lights to go behind houses to a darkened area to look for sign/numbers that are not there makes perfect sense.

What evidence do you have, besides Zimmerman's claims that Martin "ambushed" him? No doubt Martin got in a good shot to the face, but that does not mean that Martin ambushed him. Remember Zimmerman also claimed that he never when down the south fork of the "T" intersection, that Martin punched him in the face immediately knocking him to the ground, and then Martin jumped (or "mounted" him). Yet the body was, IIRC, 40-50 feet down the south path and 10-15 feet off the concrete.

>>>>

You need to look at Zimmerman's re enactment at the scene again. He didn't into the dark looking for street signs. He knew what street was ahead of him--He needed a house number to give to the police.
There is NO evidence indicating who started the fight. To convict you need evidence. Zimmerman walks.

Last edited:
If a man followed me in his truck, then by foot would it be common sense to be fearful? I think so.
Under stand your ground , if he followed me by truck then on foot and I shot him do you think I would get off?

No, you wouldn't "get off". You'd be arrested and charged with murder. Someone following you is not cause to shoot them. Your concept of what "Stand Your Ground" law means is so fundamentally flawed that it's scary.

And if a man followed me in his truck and on foot I wouldn't have the right to feel I was in imminent danger?
And that if I was charged I wouldn't be able to show cause for fearing I might suffer bodily harm? I think you need to gain a little understanding on the law and how it has been used.
Have you looked up any cases that have been dropped due to stand your ground laws?

I think I easily could, and you not admitting that shows how dishonest you are. No wonder you defend Zimmerman no matter what.

We keep returning to the same thing, Luissa and it's a point that you lose on. It's not illegal to follow someone...especially at a distance. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that George Zimmerman did anything other than attempt to keep Trayvon Martin in sight until the Police arrived. That does not constitute "imminent danger". I'm sorry but it doesn't. This is a case that never should have been brought to trial because there was no crime committed. The ONLY reason that it has been is because it's become a "cause" for anti gun folks on the Left. They'll waste millions of taxpayer dollars and probably have riots when the verdict is announced. George Zimmerman will live in fear for the rest of his life as will the the jurors. Why? Because people like yourself have become totally irrational about this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back